Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethox View Post
    Why do already established guild groups only accept high-ilvl people? Simply because either you will boost them ( to a certain degree ) or they will have a reliable peon who no longer needs gear that much but is willing to help the existing raiders get the gear. That's simply how it is, in the majority of the cases....
    Or rather, its the same reason you dont shard all your epics and replace them with greens. You want to *improve* your raid team, not handicap it...

Good players *will* find a guild that wants them... but if you expect a progression raid team to carry & gear you, you are NOT a good player.

They should have to sell themselves to you before you apply to them.
    yeah, no way I'm taking a recruit with an attitude like that. if you can't be bothered to research the progression of a guild you're interested in, there's no reason for me to believe you're willing to research anything relating to your character or role in the fight, and that you will only do the bare minimum to keep from being removed from the raid.

its bad enough when you have veteran members that want to remind you of what a gift they are, but getting that sort of attitude from a POTENTIAL recruit ? no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by glycerethe View Post
    You have to be evil with the situation you're in right now.

Find a guild that is half decent(able to do at least first 3 heroics in ToT) and have a spot available for you, server transfer if you have to.

When you are geared enough, make another app with the raid logs when you were raiding with that half decent guild, jump ship when you are accepted.

There's pretty much no other way to get into a heroic guild other than that, it's cruel on the half decent guild but you can't be satisfied raiding with them unless you find it hard to leave them(moral wise).
    Its just like the 'golden raid days of attunement', or so they like to say, where it was so mind numbing to get attuned that if anyone asked for help guildies would see how fast they could exit out of game because grandma needed her bunyans chewed off and once you did get someone attuned they got poached by a better guild that didn't want to waste time getting people attuned. And then the cycle for lesser raid groups would begin anew.

Quote Originally Posted by QuinthalasKT View Post
    I raided hardcore in Vanilla up until WOTLK. Was casual during Cata due to work, and took a break in MoP.

Work schedule is now stable again and would like to raid hardcore again, yet I am getting blocked by bad RNG in the LFR, and it is taking forever to do grind these 40 reps (exaggeration, I know.)

All guilds expect 520+ ilvl, are they mad?

I am 505 atm, and I am outdpsing people with 520 in heroics/scenarios/LFR, why don't guilds accept me just because of the ilvl, what happened to skill?

i honestly feel like unsubbing, I fill out applications very seriously and am very thorough, just to get literally insulted and laughed at in the comments section of my app by guild officers because of my ilvl.

What has happened to WoW?
    You don't get "laughed at because of your ilvl". You're applying to guilds that are expecting you to come with an appropriate ilvl. You're trying to apply to a raiding guild with a 505 ilvl. That is pretty low now. Especially since ppl just running LFR/heroics/scenarios can get there with VP gear, vp upgrades, and LFR gear. But seriously. Keep making yourself try to look like you aren't whining.

And guess what bud. WoW has always been like this. It's just alot easier to get geared now.

---------- Post added 2013-06-30 at 07:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    Or rather, its the same reason you dont shard all your epics and replace them with greens. You want to *improve* your raid team, not handicap it...

Good players *will* find a guild that wants them... but if you expect a progression raid team to carry & gear you, you are NOT a good player.

yeah, no way I'm taking a recruit with an attitude like that. if you can't be bothered to research the progression of a guild you're interested in, there's no reason for me to believe you're willing to research anything relating to your character or role in the fight, and that you will only do the bare minimum to keep from being removed from the raid.

its bad enough when you have veteran members that want to remind you of what a gift they are, but getting that sort of attitude from a POTENTIAL recruit ? no thanks.
    This. People are really delusional today. Seriously "Sell themselves to you before you apply to them" XD that's like withholding sex from your wife to get something. Guess what? It doesn't work...

I've had my fair share of offers so I don't see how its near impossible, though on some realms i'm sure its worse than others along side the ones that are more into you already being out geared for the content and helping push them through.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Its just like the 'golden raid days of attunement', or so they like to say, where it was so mind numbing to get attuned that if anyone asked for help guildies would see how fast they could exit out of game because grandma needed her bunyans chewed off and once you did get someone attuned they got poached by a better guild that didn't want to waste time getting people attuned. And then the cycle for lesser raid groups would begin anew.
    It wasn't mind numbing running heroics that required you to focus and work as a team in order to get attuned for a raid which would further test those skills.

It's not like you needed raid gear to run Heroic SL/SH/BM, they were very doable in blues as long as you were competent and didn't have a ridiculously stupid group set up.

The only bit that was a bitch recruiting for was MH/BT and guilds that had people already attuned to those raids were definitely not "lesser".

10+ Year Old Account
    It's because the ilvl jumps between tiers are so enormous. Someone with ilvl 500 will do maybe 100k DPS and someone with 550 will do almost 300k.

But it is all LFR's fault. GC said that he wants normal mode gear have prestige and feel like a powerful upgrage and that's why it must be much higher ilvl than LFR gear. But they also have to make LFR gear higher ilvl that previous tier normal because anyone can buy almost a full set of normal mode quality gear with VP and from faceroll world bosses.

OP it may not be ur ilvlv that's whay ut being declined it my also be your class and role. what is ur class and role?, ill use the guild im in as an example

it has 3 very active rets, 2 very active holy palas 3 very active locks, i hope ur getting the picture here, guilds like the 1 im in will only accept you if your 1 of those classes and specs if your app is awsome, so make sure ur aware of what a guild needs be4 you apply by checking there recruitment section 1st.

the guild im in is good for the fact that it has a list of what classes/specs we are looking for on the fron p[age of our guild site tho it can be slightly out of date from time to time

Deleted

I am 505 atm, and I am outdpsing people with 520 in heroics/scenarios/LFR, why don't guilds accept me just because of the ilvl, what happened to skill?
    Gear is the last thing i look for in a recruit, with that said, you reach 505-510 the first reset if you got some gold/knowhow, and no it isnt rng as i've done it on 2 chars the last month....

With that said, if your as good as you think you are, running a lfr and showing logs (where the only thing holding you back is gear) goes ridicously far.(I pretty much let anyone give me logs, 1/20 is as good as they think they are lol...)
    just gave trial to a 515 ilvl, old school mage who blew our 530 mage out of existence lol

What class do you play ?
    Last edited by mmoc51f27689b0; 2013-07-29 at 12:25 PM.

I raided hardcore in Vanilla up until WOTLK. Was casual during Cata due to work, and took a break in MoP.

Work schedule is now stable again and would like to raid hardcore again, yet I am getting blocked by bad RNG in the LFR, and it is taking forever to do grind these 40 reps (exaggeration, I know.)

i honestly feel like unsubbing, I fill out applications very seriously and am very thorough, just to get literally insulted and laughed at in the comments section of my app by guild officers because of my ilvl.

What has happened to WoW?
    I am sure that there is more than strictly ILVL to this story. What class are you? If you are melee it will be harder for you to find a primary spot at this point in the expansion, or any for that matter just do to melee being a premium position in a raid group. Are you looking for a guild that meets your current progress or are you insisting on joining a guild that has 13H on farm? What would be that guild's incentive to step backwards and gear you to their level? Those questions being asked, I highly doubt that you have exhausted your resources as there are always guilds that will take anybody and their brother with no form of vetting process whatsoever.

pop me a private message, we can talk further.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP