1. #1
    Scarab Lord Grubjuice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The Dog Park
    Posts
    4,033

    Once again allowing multiple totems to be set at once?

    Would it break shamans to allow totems of different elemental types to be cast at the same time again, like we used to? For example by totems of different elemental types not trigger each other’s GCDs allowing us to write a macro like:

    /cast Healing Stream Totem
    /cast Stone Bulwark Totem

    or perhaps reintroducing a Call of the Elements / Call of the Ancestors ability, allowing us to preset certain totem combinations; like a [searing totem + stone bulwark totem + Grounding Totem] combo, which I would use immediately before pulling mobs when soloing.

  2. #2
    Legendary! Treelife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    6,747
    The thing is, that's pretty much the only time you'd use it. Right before a pull. Since they are used as minor cooldowns (besides Searing), you use them when you need them, not necessarily on CD.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    The thing is, that's pretty much the only time you'd use it. Right before a pull. Since they are used as minor cooldowns (besides Searing), you use them when you need them, not necessarily on CD.
    The thing is, PvE isn't the only aspect of the game.

    That change would affect PvP not that much either, but it would indeed offer space for some interesting macros of combinations of totems. It would be quite a mess though and tbh, I'd rather have the elemental restriction (only one earth totem at a time yada yada) lifted except for fire totems obviously.

  4. #4
    Do other classes get to cast multiple DOTs/HOTs at once? I think that about answers all the questions about multiple totems at once.

  5. #5
    Legendary! Treelife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    6,747
    Quote Originally Posted by Feio View Post
    The thing is, PvE isn't the only aspect of the game.

    That change would affect PvP not that much either, but it would indeed offer space for some interesting macros of combinations of totems. It would be quite a mess though and tbh, I'd rather have the elemental restriction (only one earth totem at a time yada yada) lifted except for fire totems obviously.
    Yeah I get that, but I doubt any PvPer would really want to use combinations of totems, they'd end up being wasted or so many macros that you might as well just do them one at a time anyway. It works the same in PvE as in PvP, in both they are used as cooldowns when needed and not just when you can use them.

    I think at most all the DPS shammies would end up macroing Healing Stream Totem into Searing Totem, but that's about it.

  6. #6
    Dreadlord Pisholina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Split, Croatia
    Posts
    983
    Quote Originally Posted by Troopsmith View Post
    Do other classes get to cast multiple DOTs/HOTs at once? I think that about answers all the questions about multiple totems at once.
    This, basically. You get the damage from Fire, defense from Earth, healing from Water and spell shield from Air all in one global cooldown. That would get out of hand really quickly.
    I. Like. To. Kill. Things.
    For Pony!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •