Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    They could give a "faction leader defender" buff. I do believe it would be as easy as ensuring that you engaged the opposite faction in your faction leader's room.

I also think that player kills in world pvp should give A LOT more honor. Each kill should give no less than 40-50 honor diminished by how many times you engage the enemy during a certain period so that people don't just keep camping towns or questing hubs.
    see i don't see the point in giving honor. any dedicated ganker is already swimming in honor. i have so much that i don't know what to do with it. i go out and gank people not for honor, but because i find ganking people entertaining. maybe tokens for unique transmog gear or vanity items instead.

some one had the idea of titles, which would be cool, while we all piss and moan about the old rank system in vanilla, it WAS fun, or server wide rankings, but i'm not sure how that would work, i've only been on blackrock a little while and wowprogress already has my paladin in the top 10 people on the server in terms of raw hks.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Deleted
    Well, the original discussion wasn't about ganking - it was about 'sieges', something much bigger, more massive and epic, therefore i will recapitulate what has been already mentioned / stated / added to the topic:

a) the idea is to build some nice mechanism around faction bosses = 'siege', something that could greatly improve attractiveness of WPvP
    b) it assumes, that both virtual realm + cross realm zones can be used
    c) there can LFS (Looking for Siege) mechanism that would build Virtual Realm groups
    d) Virtual Realm wide notification system should be implemented
    e) Most likely daily siege quest should be provided (1 siege per day with faction bosses random rotation) with massive rewards like 200 CP / VP per quest,
    with boss himself dropping 2 PVP + 2 PVE current epic pieces per all siege members
    f) during siege there should be 2 CP rewards per killed enemy faction player
    g) defense also should be rewarded

Alternatively, similiar mechanism could be implemented on dedicated zone, that wont be instantiated (like BGs are) and will be somewhere there in the wild, in the spirit of already implemented: halaa / hellfire penisula / silithius / eastern plaguelands etc., but for MUCH bigger scale.

What they need is a zone, A large frontier type zone with dailies eg but the niche is that honour rewards for participating in pvp are huge.

There are loosly based pvp objectives in the zone however there are still quests and dailies in these zones.

There also should be mobs that drop very very valuable loot, so people can farm for them ( like in vanilla) , bots would die very quickly and constantly due to other players killing them.

Just add corpse looting and people will stop the QQ about World PvP being dead cause of no rewards. If they cant handle that then they can get off of a PvP server.

World PvP blossomed without rewards.
    Adding rewards will simply make it a mandatory grind, rather than it being about fun.
    That is not improving it.
    It has gone downhill, because it was popular primarily when there were no other alternatives.

People should want to be there, not because they get something at the end.

What part of "world" is there anyway in flying/porting to a city and killing a single target for a reward.
    World PvP is not specific predictable locations, but something that happens spontaneously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sabnok View Post
    Well, the original discussion wasn't about ganking - it was about 'sieges', something much bigger, more massive and epic, therefore i will recapitulate what has been already mentioned / stated / added to the topic:

a) the idea is to build some nice mechanism around faction bosses = 'siege', something that could greatly improve attractiveness of WPvP
    b) it assumes, that both virtual realm + cross realm zones can be used
    c) there can LFS (Looking for Siege) mechanism that would build Virtual Realm groups
    d) Virtual Realm wide notification system should be implemented
    e) Most likely daily siege quest should be provided (1 siege per day with faction bosses random rotation) with massive rewards like 200 CP / VP per quest,
    with boss himself dropping 2 PVP + 2 PVE current epic pieces per all siege members
    f) during siege there should be 2 CP rewards per killed enemy faction player
    g) defense also should be rewarded

Alternatively, similiar mechanism could be implemented on dedicated zone, that wont be instantiated (like BGs are) and will be somewhere there in the wild, in the spirit of already implemented: halaa / hellfire penisula / silithius / eastern plaguelands etc., but for MUCH bigger scale.
    your ideas sound good in theory but lack something vitally important.. looking at it from another perspective. wow has tons of people that love to game the systems. your ideas would only encourage people to try to game them for unfair advantages. or even worse.. they would be win traded for gear or points.

no, im sorry these suggestions you listed would not be of any help to the WPvP situation.

something people have trouble understanding is their ideas usually punish people who, for whatever their purpose is, do not want to partake in WPvP. just because one person is ready for it at a certain time, doesnt mean everybody else on that server is ready. quit trying to punish those, to get what you want. instead reward them for doing something you enjoy.

install a looting system with its own currency. currency only gained from fighting opponents out in the world. everybody wins. you get more action. and other people get enticed to help out, instead of the current "oh you are getting attacked? better you then me"... flies away. if there is special tmog gear/mounts/titles.. people will have a reason to come down and fight instead of trying to avoid it. since all it is atm, is a hindrance to their daily plans.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    World PvP blossomed without rewards.
    Adding rewards will simply make it a mandatory grind, rather than it being about fun.
    That is not improving it.
    It has gone downhill, because it was popular primarily when there were no other alternatives.

People should want to be there, not because they get something at the end.

What part of "world" is there anyway in flying/porting to a city and killing a single target for a reward.
    World PvP is not specific predictable locations, but something that happens spontaneously.
    I agree, and this is why I object to the "boss siege" propsal.
    Essentially, it will turn the Faction Bosses into Nalak, and Nalak is not fun.

World PvP doesn't need "incentives", but it needs to be respected as a player-driven occurrence.

Deleted
    Sinndra - seems correct, but then again >> all rewards provided by the 'siege' i have described can be pretty much obtained by other sources (bgs, dailies, raids etc).
    I think is the most typical proglem Ghost Crawlers's team is struggling with - when people feel forced to do something but in they still have other routes.
    But still, i think that idea of unique rewards such as transmog gear is fine addition to the topic.

ComputerNerd - not sure about that, tbh. When i look back, i see positive reinforcement in most of my wow's 'stories'. Sure, not in all of them and i remember pure excitement when compleletly not thinking about rewards, but nowadays its all about 'behaviorism' (with the cherry at the end) and it seems to me, that things without rewards could have some problems finding their places on today's scene.

Krixooks - agree only partially. WOW's lore is about 2 polarized factions in constant war with each other. Provision of LFS mechanism would pretty much help to reflect vital pieces of lore (those pieces that have been promised to be enlarged in MoP but in my opinion, and maybe in opinion of other people, have never been). Nalak seems to be just random loot pinata on random island with 'weak' rewards (since CP can be easily farmed these days).

"World PvP doesn't need "incentives", but it needs to be respected as a player-driven occurrence." - i think it's correct, and it does not collide with ideas presented in this topic. Player-driven activity will never be taken away from players, but that is quite obvious :P
    Last edited by mmoc1cf46d3add; 2013-07-01 at 07:55 AM.

I would love Sabnok's idea to be implemented - sieges on our major cities please!

10+ Year Old Account
    WOW's lore is about 2 polarized factions in constant war with each other. Provision of LFS mechanism would pretty much help to reflect vital pieces of lore (those pieces that have been promised to be enlarged in MoP but in my opinion, and maybe in opinion of other people, have never been). Nalak seems to be just random loot pinata on random island with 'weak' rewards (since CP can be easily farmed these days).
    Well, I disagree here, player assassinations of faction bosses is not lore.
    Isle of Thunder however, is. The Kirin Tor (now aligned with the Alliance) is fighting the Sunreavers (now aligned with the Horde), and we see that played out in the scenarios on the Isle, as well as in the PvP daily quests in which we are specifically requested to kill the opposite faction.
    I can't believe I'm defending Blizzard here, but they've done an excellent job with the Isle of Thunder, and I only wish they would apply this "World PvP awareness" to other parts of the game.

I think you're getting confused with why I'm referring to Nalak. He drops current tier gear and Tyrannical gear. What I'm saying about Nalak is that people feel "forced" to kill him to obtain gear each week, people don't look forward to killing Nalak as a World PvP event, he's a PvE boss that is to be completed quickly and efficiently.

"World PvP doesn't need "incentives", but it needs to be respected as a player-driven occurrence." - i think it's correct, and it does not collide with ideas presented in this topic. Player-driven activity will never be taken away from players, but that is quite obvious :P
    What I mean by "player-driven" is that players do it for fun, it's not a system, it's not like a raid that you feel the need to complete for gear every week.
    If you turned Faction Bosses into encounters that drop gear, conquest points, valour points, you turn them into a "task", like Nalak.

---------- Post added 2013-07-01 at 07:48 PM ----------

Here's a better idea off the top of my head for World PvP in 5.4:

Much like in Icecrown, put an Alliance and Horde airship circling each other above the ocean east of Orgrimmar. Give each airship a small set of daily quests to infiltrate the opposite airship and sabotage it, involving killing enemy players.

To support the lore, have the Alliance ship piloted by Admiral Rogers, and the Horde ship piloted by a Horde Revolutionary (not Garrosh-aligned).
    Despite the Alliance and Darkspear revolution working together to depose Garrosh, Admiral Rogers wants full air superiority and wishes to remove the Horde airship as a potential threat to the Alliance Navy.

Done, implementation? Not hard, models already exist.

Deleted
    Krixooks - i think you have a valid points there.

But you see - the lore of this game is about opposite factions, and there is something about loyalty and emotional connection, thats fights involving faction bosses are engaging and exciting. Is anything in ToT close enough in terms of emotion engaged? I don't think so.
    Also, 'siege' does not have to be assasination - at the end of the battle, loosing faction boss can just escape untill he will go out of this hideout the other day. While his absence, winning faction could have some privileges such as boosts in gold or HP/CP/VP.

About forcing people to do something - well, as long as it generates paths and environement that is enjoyable, why not? I have created this topic, because when i look at the present and look back, i think that for me assaulting of faction bosses is one of the most exciting things in the game >> especially when there are opposite players defending and people unite and push really hard to achive their goals.

Also, it in fact does not have to be faction bosses, can be anything that could be made meaningfull lorewise. Your idea is good, what i would desire is something that would help to engage dozens of players so we could have really epic battles (what for me is an essense of World PVP). Also new dedicated zone (open world, not instantiated like BH or WG) with some nice enlarged (i mean really enlarged and meaningfull) PVP ideas (halaa, hellfire penisula, silithius, plaguelands etc.) could do it.