Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    because it will be designed the same as in wow am I right?
    Given the experiences I've had in 5-mans and certain group events, Dorfadin has a point. I know Meledelion will disagree :P, but aggro in GW2 has always seemed really chaotic and I don't see why that'd change for a "raid".

I actually think in some respects it would be better if encounters were designed similarly to WoW at least in terms of knowing what to expect for certain bosses. Maybe they always target the farthest player, or that they do massive AoEs if people are too clustered together, etc.

Maybe I'm just not open-minded enough for GW2's group combat system. I can't help but sit there and ask WTF did I do to get so much aggro that I'm literally tanking in downed status? Why is it I go into a fight with a champion at 50% HP, hit it once, and then have to run out of its range to get it to leave me alone after that? I don't like perpetually feeling like Red Riding Hood in Karazhan. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Given the experiences I've had in 5-mans and certain group events, Dorfadin has a point. I know Meledelion will disagree :P, but aggro in GW2 has always seemed really chaotic and I don't see why that'd change for a "raid".

I actually think in some respects it would be better if encounters were designed similarly to WoW at least in terms of knowing what to expect for certain bosses. Maybe they always target the farthest player, or that they do massive AoEs if people are too clustered together, etc.

Maybe I'm just not open-minded enough for GW2's group combat system. I can't help but sit there and ask WTF did I do to get so much aggro that I'm literally tanking in downed status? Why is it I go into a fight with a champion at 50% HP, hit it once, and then have to run out of its range to get it to leave me alone after that? I don't like perpetually feeling like Red Riding Hood in Karazhan. :P
    Encounters in this game should of been designed as the boss not single focusing people and they have to imitate a "tank"

Think Kiljadean (however you spell that name) from last boss in sunwell. The boss did random single target things to players but nobody had to tank until adds come out using GW2 trinity model people would CC the adds instead.

Maybe the bosses won't have single targets, but just mechanics that any player nearby would have to look out for. As long as it's more in depth than just cone attacks, cleaves, and aoes.

edit: Like Zito said...

GW2 has 1 fight in the game (that I can remember) that utilizes the no trinity system to it's greatest.

And that is Lupis from arah. That's how all fights need to be designed around if there is no trinity. Not "imitation tanking"

10+ Year Old Account
    Housing will make me put more time in to the game, right about now I am not really focusing too much on gw2, housing is definitely going to get me back.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    That is not the type of LFG tool I am referring to, gw2lfg.com that is. One like what is used in WoW is what GW2 needs.
    No,no and no,I absolutely disagree with you.GW2 doesn't need something like WoW's LFG.I like the gw2LFG.com tool because i can write there precisely what i'm looking for or what kind of group i'm forming.With WoW's LFG system i can't do that.That is why i don't want it.

Please don't format entire posts in a single color. Certain words for emphasis is fine. Oh and I fixed your quote tag for you too ^^ -- <3 Kel
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2013-06-30 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Encounters in this game should of been designed as the boss not single focusing people and they have to imitate a "tank"

Think Kiljadean (however you spell that name) from last boss in sunwell. The boss did random single target things to players but nobody had to tank until adds come out using GW2 trinity model people would CC the adds instead.
    Even then, you had a Retribution Paladin with Righteous Fury "tanking" them. Though I agree with your assessment of lupis, and that encounter design needs to vastly vastly improve if this is the model they're going for.

It is certainly doable. But is it something ANet can pull off? Well that's what remains to be seen.

Not gonna lie, I spent probably more than half of my idle time in GW1 through guild halls (my own, or my Alliance's). Exploring, hanging out in the nooks and crannies, hide and seek. Found a few spots that felt like there should be a story to tell with them, even if it's one I'll never hear. I am not one to personally enjoy design aspects of say Rift or EQ2 player housing (or Animal Crossing), as that is not my thing. But that is a lot of people's thing, especially if my Twitter Feed is any indication. And so, I hope housing, however they choose to implement it, can really take off.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2013-06-30 at 02:59 PM.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

The AC revamp got close to what Lupis is. The ghost boss is still blah when you actually fight him but the Fire boss is good (but it could be harder) the rock boss is just stupid.