Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Post [MW] 5.4 - Siege of Orgrimmar Trinkets

Thread to get some discussion going on the new 5.4 trinkets, especially regarding their value since they for the most part aren't flat procs. Since we have no names just make sure you clarify with certainty which trinket you're talking about.

5.4 Raid - Normal - Siege of Orgrimmar - Boss X Loot X - Int Spirit Trinket (2)

14% extra critical damage & healing, for a total of 228% effective damage and/or healing for crits.

14% extra haste, multiplicative for us meaning raid buff we'll get approximately 80% extra haste over unbuffed tiger stance.

14% extra mastery, negligible gain in mastery procs but the other two bonuses are incredibly powerful already.

11,761 intellect for 20 seconds on an RPPM proc, estimated around 1 rppm or a 33% uptime.
    This combined with a 40% cooldown reduction in Thunder Focus Tea would make for an extremely powerful TFT phase once a minute. The extra haste will allow us to reach incredibly far with our breakpoints, for example the 18k haste breakpoint would then occur at ~15905 rating. The crit effect results in a 14% buff x% of the time where x is your crit chance, for most of us that will be around 40% so it's equatable to nearly a 6% total output increase alone which is crazy.

If the proc triggering from melee is correct in WoWDB's page then this will be very strong for fistweaving as well which is always great.

Verdict: BiS.

5.4 Raid - Normal - Siege of Orgrimmar - Boss X Loot X - Int Spirit Trinket (3)

Readiness

Cooldown reduction results in:

Plus a 11,761 intellect for 15 seconds on an RPPM proc, estimated again at around 1 RPPM for a 25% uptime.
    Unfortunately we're one of the worse off classes for this in terms of healers, pretty much every other healer can benefit from this trinket as a mana and output increase but we need to settle for it just being great for utility and output. Revival once every 2 minutes instead of 3, two TFTs per minute instead of one, life cocoon on a minute cooldown along with various other defensive and mobility buffs make this trinket undeniably one of the most powerful in the game so far without even considering the huge intellect proc.

Unfortunately rather weak for fistweaving.

Verdict: BiS.

5.4 Raid - Normal - Siege of Orgrimmar - Boss X Loot X - Int Spirit Trinket (1)

Spirit trinket, worth only 1.1k MP5 (Less than almost every good trinket this tier) and a marginal 3.3% increase, uninteresting and weak in comparison to it's peer trinkets and many trinkets this tier.

Verdict: Crap.

5.4 Raid - Normal - Siege of Orgrimmar - Boss X Loot X - Int Spirit Trinket (5)

Another very uninteresting option, buttload of intellect but the on use effect lacks as it equates to about 916 mp5. Weaker than current tier trinkets.

Verdict: Crap.

http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/102309-5-...-boss-x-loot-x

Again, spirit, however the proc has potential if it doesn't wear away from fistweaving abilities but I don't see it ever coming close to the first two options.

Verdict: Maybe not crap.

5.4 Raid - Normal - Siege of Orgrimmar - Boss X Loot X - Int Hit Trinket (2)

Butt load of critical strike, on a trinket which will be appealing for fistweaving it's amazing. Solid 3.3% increase to damage, unknown as to whether or not it will proc eminence but I don't see that being too far in the realm of absurdity.

Verdict: Godly for fistweaving, might want to pick this up for fights you don't need a lot of healing on for example healing the distanced tank on dark shamans.

5.4 Raid - Normal - Siege of Orgrimmar - Boss X Loot X - Int Hit Trinket (1)

Proc similar to the first trinket's passive, but provides it all at once for 20 seconds. This trinket would be BiS for fistweaving depending on proc rate as it could end up providing an incredible amount of juice for CJL. Would also be great if you could manipulate procs.

Verdict: Good for fistweaving, maybe regular healing if you cba manipulating procs.

That's what I've got out of them so far, we don't have a lot of information yet but I'm going to hope they don't bother restricting the RPPM like last tier because there are a lot of interesting options for different play styles and the trinket procs are mutual between all the different stat trinkets.
    Last edited by mmoc3f252392be; 2013-06-29 at 09:04 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Do you have any evidence that the cooldown reduction trinket is -39% cooldown and not Cooldown / (1+0.39) like haste and cooldown reduction works for existing classes with it (i.e. paladins)? It would make the cooldown on Revival closer to 129 seconds instead of 110 seconds, which could be a big difference if boss abilities occur in intervals of 1 minute or 2 minutes. On the other hand, if boss abilities occur in intervals of 3 minutes or 90 seconds (Jin'rokh), it is rather worthless either way.

I feel like the cooldown trinket is going to either be BiS or worthless depending on how it lines up with boss abilities, with the exception of constant damage fights, such as Malkorok, where you would be using TFT on cooldown anyway. There may also be a threshold for when it's useful, based on ilvl if the cooldown reduction scales (i.e. TF Normal or better gets cooldowns below 120 seconds, otherwise it isn't helpful).

Deleted
    None at all, but the wording does imply that at a second glance. Doubt it would make much of a difference, even if boss abilities do come at similar intervals it means we can fit more between them which is an increase no matter how you look at it. Unless there was literally no damage going out between them, but from what I've seen so far that's only been the case on immerseus and even then the reduced CD on Life Cocoon/fortifying is incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    real trinket proc?
    Looks to only be 17%
    still hard to tell there as there is to many procs for the actually trinket atm

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
    real trinket proc?
    Looks to only be 17%
    still hard to tell there as there is to many procs for the actually trinket atm
    LFR version maybe?

17 to 39% I doubt it. That is a massive jump even for LFR to heroic

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
    17 to 39% I doubt it. That is a massive jump even for LFR to heroic
    LFR is item level 521, normal is item level 553. That's almost definitely the LFR value.

LFR is item level 521, normal is item level 553. That's almost definitely the LFR value.
    17% is CM (463) item level.

Heroic TF will probably have a 50%~ish reduction (meaning, as a MW with 4 pc t15, you could probably roll ReM on everyone in a 25 man constantly).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    17% is CM (463) item level.

Heroic TF will probably have a 50%~ish reduction (meaning, as a MW with 4 pc t15, you could probably roll ReM on everyone in a 25 man constantly).
    List of things that will never happen:
    • that

List of things that will never happen:
    • that
    A girl can dream.

Deleted
    Yeah, maybe with heroic (thundeforged?) I can confirm that the normals from mouseover are correct for normal item levels at least;

They could be subject to change, but I expected that with the terribad 5.2 trinkets and they didn't get shifted till post live and even then it was slight RPPM modifications. Though if we assume it is CM we can get a good scale of the gain per item level, if 463 is 6% and 553 is 14% it wouldn't be unreasonable to assume about 0.1% per item level. Gonna see if I can dig around the dbc/db2 files and find a formula.

---------- Post added 2013-06-29 at 12:42 AM ----------

Ok assuming 0.1% extra stats per item level, and 0.25% cooldown reduction per item level you get this:

Raid Finder (521): 11% extra stats/crit, 31% faster regen cooldowns.

Flexi (536): 12% extra stats/crit, 35% faster regen cooldowns.

Flexi Thunderforged (541): 13% extra stats/crit, 36% faster regen cooldowns.

Normal is already there (553).

Normal Thunderforged (560): 15% extra stats/crit, 40% faster regen cooldowns.

Heroic (566): 15% extra stats/crit, 42% faster regen cooldowns.
    Last edited by mmoc3f252392be; 2013-06-28 at 10:46 PM.

Are the trinkets available to buy on PTR ?

Deleted

We get a lot out of the haste effect too, it won't be multiplicative but it's a possibility so I've included those.

---------- Post added 2013-06-29 at 09:52 PM ----------

Are the trinkets available to buy on PTR ?
    They're not, they can be linked however.

Nevermind.
    Last edited by Floopa; 2013-06-29 at 09:03 PM.

Deleted
    Your values for TFT are wrong by the way. :P
    Nah I just corrected it to being a faster recovery rate as opposed to a flat cooldown reduction, what it means is instead of recovering at a rate of 1s per second, it recovers at 1.39s per second. 45/1.39 = 32.4, or 32 seconds rounded.

Nah I just corrected it to being a faster recovery rate as opposed to a flat cooldown reduction, what it means is instead of recovering at a rate of 1s per second, it recovers at 1.39s per second. 45/1.39 = 32.4, or 32 seconds rounded.
    Ah okay. This makes the dream of a 19 sec TFT pretty much null. : (

Deleted
    Ah okay. This makes the dream of a 19 sec TFT pretty much null. : (
    We can still get a 2 minute revival, that's good enough for me :P Also weirdly excited about a sub 20 second transcendence.

You're right, if these haste effects were multiplicative they would be too powerful however can you think of any additive haste effects, I don't seem to recall any :-/

I would expect a downside to Int Spirit Trinket (2) for such a strong primary effect, say an RPPM below 0.5 on the proc. As for the Int Spirit Trinket (3), I personally don't find it an appealing trinket however there's no denying it would be incredibly effective for encounters where you could get extra uses from your main throughput CDs just by having this item.

I'm quite interested in the Int Hit Trinket (1), it has quite a lot of static intellect and the proc sounds... overpowered. It would probably have a very low RPPM.

My general impression though is that having these trinkets will probably be mandatory which just increases the range between those who have these items and those who don't, it just ruins a form of competition between specs. It reminds me of a familiar scenario with our fellow runewalkers and their rune proc dependency for their dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Luqyolo View Post
    You're right, if these haste effects were multiplicative they would be too powerful however can you think of any additive haste effects, I don't seem to recall any :-/
    Additive to haste rating as in it will add x% extra haste.

Additive to haste rating as in it will add x% extra haste.
    Yes, that is the meaning of additive :P As an example the ilvl 553 version would be a flat 5950 haste rating, however my question is if it would truly be additive because I personally can't remember any additive haste effects in the game so I would expect it to be multiplicative, so if we reforged for the 4th ReM haste breakpoint we would have something like 58% haste at all times with this trinket. But as I said, that might be too powerful for a single item which is why I'm questioning the likelihood of the "amplification of our haste by 14%" as described by the tooltip.