Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    But is bail typically denied for manslaughter?

I really don't care about the rest of it, I just don't really get the complaint he'll be free if that's a normal result of this kind of charge.
    It depends on the circumstances, which is why I do not believe crimes resulting from running away from law should be granted bail. The result of their running or the crime they initially committed, doesn't mater. If they ran, it makes very little sense to me to grant them bail. I think the bail should be denied based on attempting to elude police, not manslaughter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheNationGamer View Post
    So since I'm 17...I can go kill someone as long as I'm scared and run away frightened

Prime example of a flawed and fucked up system
    People believe in that 'Lisa on ice' Simpsons episode. Where Bart and Lisa attempt to avoid punishment by closing their eyes while punching and kicking air. After all, if their eyes were closed and you happen to occupy the punching space, it's not Bart's fault you get hurt.
    Last edited by Felya; 2013-07-06 at 03:58 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by nemerus View Post
    Yea? come back when your loved one is a stain on the wall and some stupid prick is crying over it ? Your ignorant as hell.
    The whole reason that courts exist is for this exact reason. You can't make a reasonable decision with emotions running high. If a single person touched my girlfriend i would kill hundreds in retaliation from pure rage if i was able to. So no, he doesn't own an ignorant. YOU'RE ignorant.

- - - Updated - - -

So since I'm 17...I can go kill someone as long as I'm scared and run away frightened

What good is it punishing someone for an accident? No matter the consequence, it was just that - an accident. Remove all emotions from this case and you'll agree.

You failed to understand what this is about.

Quote Originally Posted by Akoroth View Post
    What good is it punishing someone for an accident? No matter the consequence, it was just that - an accident. Remove all emotions from this case and you'll agree.
    The manslaughter was an accident.
    Running from the cops twice was no accident.
    Whether he was panicking or not, at some point a person needs to be held responsible for his actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercaust View Post
    The manslaughter was an accident.
    Running from the cops twice was no accident.
    Whether he was panicking or not, at some point a person needs to be held responsible for his actions.
    and how much time should he get for running form cops?

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    and how much time should he get for running form cops?
    From just running from the cops?
    Hell if I know.
    But you can't not charge him with vehicular manslaughter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akoroth View Post
    The whole reason that courts exist is for this exact reason. You can't make a reasonable decision with emotions running high. If a single person touched my girlfriend i would kill hundreds in retaliation from pure rage if i was able to. So no, he doesn't own an ignorant. YOU'RE ignorant.

- - - Updated - - -

have no (emotions) i just see the whole picture and it is. A guy 17 year olds with no driving licence steals hes parents car and he gets stopped he then speeds away from police and then stops then he speeds away again loses control over the car he shouldent be in even and kills a little girl. Who is to blame for this? quite obv him and what has he done with hes recklessnes behavior? Manslaughter. This is no accident an accident is geting distracted by a spider or perhaps the wheel stopped to function but what he did was breaking the law and it ended up killing someone. With your failed sense of logic and ignorant judgement a guy could take an ak47 stand in town square spin around and shoot kill a few people by (accident) then cry about it to escape hes well deserved punishment.

that said i would never agree with you on this feelings or not.
    Last edited by mmoc75ff9691d6; 2013-07-07 at 10:03 AM.