Druid rip problems help plz

hey guys i just started playing again so im abit noob and just noticed something weird happening.normaly when i rip with 5 combo points the tool tip on my target says 10-11k per 3 secs roughly and when i have procs and cds its between 13-15 per 3secs but some times when when i rip on 5 combo points the tooltip only says 2-3k per 3secs and even sometimes when i have it ticking at 13k it will auto change it self to 2-3k and i missing anything?all i am really doing when it is on is casting mangle/shred and savage roar and also predatory instincts
    Last edited by UsedAxis; 2013-06-29 at 09:42 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    The tooltip changes when your stats are changing, up and down.

My only guess for it to be as low as you mentioned would be that it changes at the hand of how many combo points you have as well. Honestly, I wouldn't know for sure though. I rarely check the tooltips.

Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian View Post
    The tooltip changes when your stats are changing, up and down.

My only guess for it to be as low as you mentioned would be that it changes at the hand of how many combo points you have as well. Honestly, I wouldn't know for sure though. I rarely check the tooltips.
    yer i just find it very wierd it only does it very often but decreses my dps so it is annoying.i only ever cast it with 5 combo points so it shud always be 10k+ but at least 3-4 times a boss fight it will only do 3k or reduce it self to 3k after 5 combo points rip.i only saw it change mid rip once,i cast a 5 combo point rip it was doing 14.7k per 3 secs then after i cast a mangle it changed it self to 3k

The tooltip doesn't show how much damage Rip does, it shows how much it would do if you were applying a new one at that moment.

Did you check the combat log if your actual damage also changes?

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The tooltip doesn't show how much damage Rip does, it shows how much it would do if you were applying a new one at that moment.

Did you check the combat log if your actual damage also changes?
    yer there is defiantly something wrong i just tested on a dummy then.my tool tip on my bars is saying a 5 combo point rip will do 114k and when i apply it with 5 combo points its around 9-15k is changes somewhere between there.i just checked my log then like you said and the tool tip says 10k per 3 then i applied again with savage roar and tigers fury and it will said 10k per 3 but the combat log said it was ticking for higher.witch is fine but when they tool tip says 3k per 3 its actually droppin even the combat log shows it

ok so i checked the log again and yer the tool tip on the target is wrongi just tryed applying it on the dummy with no buffs,with 1 buff then with 2 buffs and the tool tip with no buffs said it was ticking higher but the combat log showed the 1 with 2 buffs actualy was.but it still doesnt explain why it drops to 3k on the tool tip sometimes and acutaly ticks for that on target