Deleted

Looking for tips for my first build

Budget 1200 Euros, could go up to 1300 if it's really justified
    Resolution 1920 x 1080
    Games / Settings Desired: Guild wars 2, LoL, SC2, Battlefield 3. Hopefully max settings, or close to max.
    Country Croatia
    Do you need an OS? I won't be needing OS.
    Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)? No peripherals are needed.

This is a build I have found in another thread, and since I am not all that experienced with hardware I haven't edited anything. I am looking for possible improvements up to the 1200 euro mark, maybe a bit more if it looks really good. PC will be used mainly for GW2 and LoL. Also I guess it's worth mentioning that I will probably be buying most of the parts from german ebay, since prices at our local stores are unreasonaby high.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
    Motherboard: Asus Z87-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
    Memory: Patriot Signature 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Storage: Samsung 840 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
    Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card
    Case: Corsair 500R Black ATX Mid Tower Case
    Power Supply: Antec High Current Gamer 620W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply
    Optical Drive: LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD

Looks fine, just take 250GB SSD instead of 120GB. Price difference isnt that big, and you'd regret the 120 model before end of the year.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    possible improvements if your budget is high enough (i dont know the price by heart)

gpu : gtx 680 (the 670 is by far enough, 680 are for enthusiast)
    memory : 8GB@2133mhz or higher
    hdd : caviar black 1 TB or caviar blue 2 TB
    psu > 750W (if you think you'll add an SLI later, else psu is fine)

but with your current build, you can already play all the games you have listed at max settings without any issue.
    Last edited by mmocbb3e69c953; 2013-06-29 at 10:23 AM.

Looks pretty good to me. I'm guessing you are planning on overclocking with the CPU cooler?
    My build is very similar except with an ivy bridge processor and an overclocked Radeon HD 7950.

I really don't have any critiques for this build, it looks solid.

Happy building!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kantoro View Post

Tbh, 99% of people who play this game do not know what they want, but they want it now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Looks fine, just take 250GB SSD instead of 120GB. Price difference isnt that big, and you'd regret the 120 model before end of the year.
    This ˆˆ
    Other than that looks like a decent build, except the ram, not a fan of patriot memory, but that's my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by vivi168 View Post
    possible improvements if your budget is high enough (i dont know the price by heart)

psu > 650W

but with your current build, you can already play all the games you have listed at max settings without any issue.
    Was thinkin maybe the caviar black instead of the blue as well. Dont really see the need for more wattage unless you plan on adding hardware.

Oh, and a nice little accessory: http://www.amazon.com/desktop-comput...OU9LHW6A&psc=1

---------- Post added 2013-06-29 at 10:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    This ˆˆ
    Other than that looks like a decent build, except the ram, not a fan of patriot memory, but that's my opinion
    Indeed I always go with Mushkin
    Quote Originally Posted by Kantoro View Post

Tbh, 99% of people who play this game do not know what they want, but they want it now.

Deleted
    more wattage if he plans on adding an SLI later, but i've did some research and it seems you need 750w +. so yeah, with 620 he's fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moarqqplz View Post
    Was thinkin maybe the caviar black instead of the blue as well.
    I would advise against the caviar black. You have your SSD for performance, the secondary hard drive should be for storage only.
    I would suggest a Caviar Green. A 2tb one is 90 euro, 3tb is 120 euro.

Quote Originally Posted by Double-D View Post
    I would advise against the caviar black. You have your SSD for performance, the secondary hard drive should be for storage only.
    I would suggest a Caviar Green. A 2tb one is 90 euro, 3tb is 120 euro.
    If you ever run out of SSD and need to put games into the secondary drive (with very large steam collection for example) caviar green will be absolute shit for it. That's the reason why blue is perfect storage drive for mid/high end gaming computer.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vivi168 View Post

psu > 750W (if you think you'll add an SLI later, else psu is fine)

@OP, Don't listen to ^^^ at all. He seems to be confused, reading another thread (from at least last month), or no idea what he is talking about, mostly the last bit.

Your build is rock solid as is. Just order it, there should be no problems. Anything anyone says would just save a couple euros on brand-price optimization. It's a great build, good job, order it.

The only thing I could possibly add is: Improve CPU cooler if you want to go to high overclock (going 4.0-4.3 should be fine on that cooler). If you have plans for SLI just evaluate your need for a large PSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripox View Post
    The only thing I could possibly add is: Improve CPU cooler if you want to go to high overclock (going 4.0-4.3 should be fine on that cooler).
    There are no guaranteed overclock numbers with Haswell. Even 4.3GHz might not work with some processors no matter what cooler you use.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Thanks for help everyone! I am most likely going with 250 GB SSD, and I will order it tomorrow. Thanks again.