Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ...
17
25
26
27
28
29
... LastLast
  1. #521
    Quote Originally Posted by Spammer of the Horde View Post
    I'm a pvper, and doing throne 10000 times doesn't appeal to me. Yet now there's even one more reason to feel forced to do it. All you elitist pve heroes need to settle down. Those "casuals" are like 75% of the subscriber base.
    You.. are a pvper that wants to do a PVE BOSS that gives you only PVE GEAR, but yet you dont want to do other pve content? 75% of the base probably MIGHT be casual or close to it. But the 75% arent all lazy and skip doing the legendary, they most likely actually do it.
    This is starting to sound more and more, i want to be able to do this. i dont care if it matters to me, i need to know that i CAN do it.

    good thing their actually rewarding people that stay with something, or atleast trying

  2. #522
    Over 9000! Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    9,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Allarius View Post
    Yea, I'm just going to stop repsonding to you. It's very clear you're delusional.
    I understand when the debate is lost it's best to go out with ones head held up high. I applaud you for saving face.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  3. #523
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    If all you do is LFR, why do you need access to this boss?
    We don't. In fact, we don't even need (in order to "see the story") to stay subbed in this expansion after clearing SoO once.

    Lack of content to keep us subbed is the underlying problem. The way this boss is constructed ensures he won't be such content. A minor objection (not everything need be that content), except if the devs are expecting the legendary quest chain itself to provide the incentive to keep playing. Personally, the LQC fails badly at that, even with the gating of a world boss tacked on.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler

  4. #524
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaley View Post
    If your alt out performs your main, then your main isn't your main.
    It's called class balance, I wouldn't main a mage because it's #1 dps. Think about it.

  5. #525
    Glorious Troll, you really should stop while you're ahead, you're embarrassing yourself.

    Nobody ASKED for a special snowflake legendary cape only world boss, okay, and Blizzard didn't go "okay you special snowflake, you!". Nobody is "not happy enough" with a cloak. That was Blizzard's decision. While you're throwing a temper tantrum over how apparently special snowflakes got what they "wanted", the truth is, I haven't seen a single post or comment from a single person saying "hey lol people who did legendary questline get special content ya?!" Blizzard chose to do it, so if I were you, I'd stop screaming about how nobody is satisfied with a cloak, because everybody would have been satisfied with a legendary cloak if Blizzard had not done this and everybody still WILL be satisfied with their cloak.

    Although you keep saying that you somehow were swindled out of $15 because you didn't know there was gonna be a cool world boss… Nobody else knew either. Nobody did the questline because they were secretly privy to this "special snowflake" world boss that's actually available to everybody. So, that entire argument is just a lovely way of saying "I'm a child wah wah wah".

    You chose not to do the legendary quest. It's an easy questline, everybody can do it, everybody should do it, it's got a great story and the rewards are worth it. It takes a little bit of time (omg an hour or two a day holy crap so much time investment lyk omg I can't handle it) and honestly not a whole lot of effort if you do it on LFR. It's your fault you didn't do it, and throwing a giant piss-fit over it isn't going to make it anyone else's fault but your own.

    At the end of the day, nobody here has an ENTITLEMENT MENTALITY except for you. You think you're ENTITLED to enjoy a world boss that has a certain prerequisite you must first meet because you spent $15 like everyone else. You think you're ENTITLED to see all the content without doing any of the in-game work in order to unlock it. Did you do the quest? No. Did you bother with any of the work? No. Do you deserve the special boss? No, absolutely not.

  6. #526
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    145
    Glorious Leader has trolled for over 6k posts, ignore whatever they say.

    OT & in my opinion, this is a cool addition to the end of a legendary quest line. Anyone can do the quest line. Anyone can, therefore, see this cool addition.

    I'm glad this cool addition was added and I look forward to the other features in 5.4.

    *spreads happiness*

    Warning: Please don't state someone has trolled for every post they made. -Azshira
    Last edited by Azshira; 2013-06-30 at 08:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Now every expansion, Blizzard releases a new class, or 2 new races into the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    Why would someone create malware for a mac? Is there a black market for photo albums of cats and half written novels?

  7. #527
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    As someone with the trainer (pvp pet battle) title and 13/13 HC I think the pet battle comment is rude.

    Pet battles are awesome.

    At this point you should just ignore "Glorious Leader". He's not intelligent.


    If all you do is LFR, why do you need access to this boss?
    I do PVE related things outside of raids, problem? I pay the same money you do, get the fuck out.

  8. #528
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    We don't. In fact, we don't even need (in order to "see the story") to stay subbed in this expansion after clearing SoO once.
    .
    if you sub just for the story, can i suggest youtube? the average person subbing for just the story can watch a boss with proper tactics and difficulty being killed the way it was ment to be, and it'll be 10 times better than the viewer can do, method and paragon offer this for free, no need to pay blizzard anything, no queue times no afk'in and playing a clearing joke mode bosses that a chimp could do. i really think people should just watch it like a film on youtube if you don't see the reason to sub once you have 1 LFR kill.
    Last edited by Socialhealer; 2013-06-30 at 01:36 AM.

  9. #529
    Quote Originally Posted by scvd View Post
    I do PVE related things outside of raids, problem? I pay the same money you do, get the fuck out.
    I pay $5 a month to watch OSL in 1080p quality but sometimes my net doesn't let me. Should I make OSL make my internet bill as compensation? >_>

  10. #530
    Quote Originally Posted by scvd View Post
    I do PVE related things outside of raids, problem? I pay the same money you do, get the fuck out.

    and not being able to kill an optional boss prevents you from doing these other things outside of raids?

  11. #531
    Over 9000! Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    9,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexorcist View Post

    Nobody ASKED for a special snowflake legendary cape only world boss,]
    And yet your getting it and your supporting them for it because well you really do feel entitled to it and everybody else can go fuck themselves. Well my hope is that view isn't shared by the majority of players (and it probably isn't) and when they leave (as they ahve been this whole expansion) we'll finally get past this tired and old and extremely regressive mind set the developers have sunk into. Or they can be fired and replaced. I'd prefer the former. I will settle for the later.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  12. #532
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Blizzard have said the final part of the quest is meant to be very easy and very short: From what I can see you just kill a bunch of elite mobs on Timeless Isle to collect coins and then beat the Celestial world bosses. You can do it in less than a day.
    Ah alright, that clears things up. I must've missed that part on mobs dropping the coins. I thought it was something you got via SoO raid. Thanks.

  13. #533
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    I pay $5 a month to watch OSL in 1080p quality but sometimes my net doesn't let me. Should I make OSL make my internet bill as compensation? >_>
    Terrible, terrible, analogy. Go away.

  14. #534
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    And yet your getting it and your supporting them for it because well you really do feel entitled to it and everybody else can go fuck themselves. Well my hope is that view isn't shared by the majority of players (and it probably isn't) and when they leave (as they ahve been this whole expansion) we'll finally get past this tired and old and extremely regressive mind set the developers have sunk into. Or they can be fired and replaced. I'd prefer the former. I will settle for the later.
    Well, as nice as that is, I personally haven't finished the legendary questline because I didn't feel like it. So I certainly am not "entitled" to it because I haven't even done it, I won't be getting it and don't deserve to see the boss until I do. You don't see me crying and whining. I get to fight the Celestials, good enough for me.
    Cute argument, though. It's good to get to know someone before you make generalizations. Makes you look less moronic.

    And that isn't the point. The point is, you keep saying how "cloak isn't good enough" but nobody asked for a special boss. Cloak IS good enough and the boss is a perk. It'd be a totally different story if people had been asking for it but they didn't. So, people should be put out because Blizzard made a decision? Good argument, you're making so much sense.

    The only regressive mindset I see here is yours. Sorry, but time to put your big girl panties on and grow up.

  15. #535
    The reason people leave is theres nothing that they want to do. People want to do this, but its set at the difficulty level for high end players even if you didnt need the cloak you would not be able to kill it as a casual. Its just like ra-den. If you dont complete said task you dont get to do it. For some players it will keep them playing with the idea that they have to kill it if they.keep playing. Right now people are unsubbing because they havr nothing they want to achieve. Back in the day if you were a raider you always had something new to see if you played. Developers had time because a miniscule number of players saw the last bit they finished. As the next came out it gave even more raiding to people still trying to clear old content. So as they finished they just moved to the next thing. Not completing something isnt the end of the world of warcraft, not having anything you want to do is.

  16. #536
    Quote Originally Posted by scvd View Post
    Terrible, terrible, analogy. Go away.
    You seem pretty angry. Is it because I'm some sort of wizard and can create more than 24 hours in a day? If you played the same as I do, we would both be in equivalent gear. If you played more you would be in better gear. If you played less you would be in worse gear. What's the issue?

  17. #537
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    I understand when the debate is lost it's best to go out with ones head held up high. I applaud you for saving face.
    Did you cry this much when Ra-Den was added as a heroic only 'after everyone else is dead on heroic' boss?

    How about Algalon?

  18. #538
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    You seem pretty angry. Is it because I'm some sort of wizard and can create more than 24 hours in a day? If you played the same as I do, we would both be in equivalent gear. If you played more you would be in better gear. If you played less you would be in worse gear. What's the issue?
    I'd be mad too if you could do that and I couldn't

  19. #539
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    if you sub just for the story, can i suggest youtube?
    You can suggest that, but Blizzard would be horrified if enough people like me took you up on it. The whole "LFR subsidizes normal/heroic raiders" design depends on lesser players actually playing the game.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler

  20. #540
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    It absolutely is an avenue of progression denied to me and more importantly it's denied to me FOR NO GOOD REASON. Given how RNG loot is this expansion and how gated and fucking slow everything else is putting one more opportunity to progress out of the reach of the casual player base. The principle is essentially the same as bringing back attunements. They may as well have done that. I hope it bites them in the ass.
    Want a banana?
    Would fit your argument

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •