Simcraft understanding plus trinket question

Ok, so I've finally gotten serious about my shamans change from resto to ele dps (although I am now working on enh for my final dps spec...sigh), last night Maegera dropped my trinket and I valor'd the shado pan assault 522 as well because...well...I can I replaced two LFR trinkets from MSV and TOES which was a good upgrade all at once to see, now I'm getting into simcraft and actually trying to figure out what numbers I need to look at and when to decide to move my state priority towards haste or any other stat. Right now I'm full int gem focused as per Mr. Robot, my gear is mish-mosh of resto heavy gear and ele gear so its not perfect, I'm just using what is available to me right now and offers the best stats until I can get tier pieces for this toon. We are only 6/12 right now so gear it limited to get but overall I'm doing this for fun rather than progression now since my other toon is MT'ing for a progression focused guild.

So where am I supposed to be looking at once I run simcraft on my toon? Anything to look for specifically? I see people saying haste x2 int values and whatnot but I will admit...I'm beyond newb status as I just got back into wow 2 months ago. I want to put together the best possible setup for raid tonight and really prove myself.

If anyone wants to simcraft my toon and tell me what Im supposed to look at I'd appreciate it. Sadly Chardev does not have my helm loaded and since its a beast of a helm for where I'm at right now running sims based on chardev upgrades isn't possible.

name: Evilhoncho
    Realm: windrunner

Secondly: I got breath last night and was wondering, with the 'periodic damage" proc...should I up any certain stat in order to optimize it?

Deleted
    First:
    Enchant your bracers

Second:
    Are you completely new to SimC and do not even know how to use it? Or do you simply need advice regarding the interpretation of results?

For the first point, imho, you should always use 25000 iterations, Light movement, low lag (depending on your internet connection), and average or good player skill (I tend to use "average"). Then for scaling, obviously Int, haste, mastery and crit. With reforge plots you can see what happens when you, for example, reforge haste into mastery or vice versa.

For the second point:
    When you got your stat values, you then will see whether haste x2 delivers more dps per point than intellect. Depending on this, you can then regem/reforge accordingly.
    This also strongly depends on your gear and talents, especially on set boni, meta gem, and PE/EB.

For example, for my toon with meta gem, 4 Tier pieces, and PE talent, SimC calculates for light movement: int = 4.37 and haste =3.2.
    Therefore, I regemmed for haste.

Also, I am quite jealous - you got that trinket that is simply not dropping in our 10m.

Quote Originally Posted by Xentres View Post
    First:
    Enchant your bracers

Second:
    Are you completely new to SimC and do not even know how to use it? Or do you simply need advice regarding the interpretation of results?

For the first point, imho, you should always use 25000 iterations, Light movement, low lag (depending on your internet connection), and average or good player skill (I tend to use "average"). Then for scaling, obviously Int, haste, mastery and crit. With reforge plots you can see what happens when you, for example, reforge haste into mastery or vice versa.

For the second point:
    When you got your stat values, you then will see whether haste x2 delivers more dps per point than intellect. Depending on this, you can then regem/reforge accordingly.
    This also strongly depends on your gear and talents, especially on set boni, meta gem, and PE/EB.

For example, for my toon with meta gem, 4 Tier pieces, and PE talent, SimC calculates for light movement: int = 4.37 and haste =3.2.
    Therefore, I regemmed for haste.

Also, I am quite jealous - you got that trinket that is simply not dropping in our 10m.
    Thank you for the response, I know how to use the program, just wasn't sure how to decipher the numbers accordingly. Right now Sim puts my int at 4.47 and Haste at 2.66...would .8 stat weight difference really push me towards haste or should I hold off till the number is closer to 3 for haste?

and yes, I've been lucky with my shammy overall, unfortunately I didn't get the Horridon haste staff last night (only wanted it for when I could push haste over and it was TF) cause we brought a lock in who is very undergeared and we are working on getting him his upgrades. But Hydra dropped and the raid leader basically said it didn't matter who needed the trinket (only myself and a mage as the warlock was subbed out) I was getting it as I've sacrificed a lot for the group, so I got lucky for sure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by evilH View Post
    Thank you for the response, I know how to use the program, just wasn't sure how to decipher the numbers accordingly. Right now Sim puts my int at 4.47 and Haste at 2.66...would .8 stat weight difference really push me towards haste or should I hold off till the number is closer to 3 for haste?

and yes, I've been lucky with my shammy overall, unfortunately I didn't get the Horridon haste staff last night (only wanted it for when I could push haste over and it was TF) cause we brought a lock in who is very undergeared and we are working on getting him his upgrades. But Hydra dropped and the raid leader basically said it didn't matter who needed the trinket (only myself and a mage as the warlock was subbed out) I was getting it as I've sacrificed a lot for the group, so I got lucky for sure.
    Well, you should always look on your talents. If you simmed yourself with EB and got such a result, the result with PE would usually even be more towards haste. So yeah probably, haste gemming is already the way to go for you, even more if you switch to PE for a number of fights.

I am usually using PE only, because I do not really like EB. But well, fortunately, you can use both talents at the moment because they are quite close.

You might want to change your leg enchant because you are already 1.3% over hit cap in my armory.

Edit: Oh yeah - if you change you gemming or reforging - sim yourself again to check whether you are still on the right track. With your gear (no meta, no tier pieces), stat values might still change. For me, my reforge plots show haste to be always superior to mastery at the moment.
    Last edited by mmocdfc71e8c7b; 2013-06-29 at 10:36 PM.