Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    56%? needs to be lower, its bad
    1. superman in the movie is way more violent then in the comics, Way more.
    2. the way he kills zod.. first of all he KILLS him, which would not happen in the comics, second he just kills him, no kryptonite or anything just kills him.
    3. his costume is all wrong. not having the red underpants is like putting nipples on the batsuit!
    4. its way to serous for superman.
    The real superman fans where Offended by the movie.

Personally I didn't think too much of the film. The plot was full of holes and the story itself was completely off balance. Went from too much story to nothing but action and overall was drawn out over a much too large period of time. I did not feel for Henry Cavill at all personally I could not connect with the actor nor the character he was portraying.

The film was not terrible in my view, but I certainly do not see it to be as amazing as many others seem to think.

However I did very much enjoy the initial Krypton scenes and I think they could make a good movie/mini series from that standpoint. Guess that's my sci-fi roots coming through though :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterMxyzptlk View Post
    2. the way he kills zod.. first of all he KILLS him, which would not happen in the comics, second he just kills him, no kryptonite or anything just kills him.
    3. his costume is all wrong. not having the red underpants is like putting nipples on the batsuit!
    So Superman isnt a panzy, the villian doesnt die to a magic rock, Superman doesnt look like a child molester, and its not stupidly silly like DC's last movie. I so want to go see it now.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    No it wasn't.
    Your own personal opinion and nothing more.

I thought Star Trek Into Darkness was a great movie. And everyone I know liked it as well, including a couple of die hard Star Trek fans.

But please continue to shower us with your infinite wisdom on good and bad movies. Meanwhile, we'll continue to ignore you.

I think it could have done with a few of the flashbacks cut out, or at least cut down, but I did enjoy the movie. Wasn't necessarily left excited by it (even if I fell in love with the evil female lead /drool), but it was a nice execution of bringing the movie to newer audiences, myself included.

I'd give it a solid 75 maybe.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeleh View Post
    However I did very much enjoy the initial Krypton scenes and I think they could make a good movie/mini series from that standpoint. Guess that's my sci-fi roots coming through though :P
    Ya I liked seeing Krypton, wasnt really what I was expecting it to look like.

I couldn't care less about "real Superman fans" or their opinions about maintaining the essence of the original comics. We knew from the start that the intent for this movie was to be darker, and this meant that it was going to abandon the original comics and their themes. What I didn't like was that they failed to craft believable characters, create a back story that was developed in a remotely decent way, instead of this nonsense cliche bullshit we got, and most importantly, that the action sequences became the entire film (as was true with that other awful film that's been mentioned this summer, Star Trek 2.)

Personally, I was quite bored. Definitely not something I expected to say going into the film, but watching people zoom forward after an exaggerated three second pause on the ground to hit something, then repeat the process for 2 hours was not remotely entertaining.

Another superman fanboi crying the blues because it didn't suit their "vision" of what superman "should" be. Seriously. Who cares? The movie is there to entertain. It did that. Don't like it? Don't ever watch it again.

Wrong. Superman killed Zod and the other Kryptonians in Superman 2. This idiotic thought that superman doesn't kill is pure wrong. The only JL member who doesn't kill is Batman except in Dark Knight Returns when he finally kills Joker (in a separate universe). Superman has killed many, many enemies of the US and the planet Earth. This idiotic line of thought that "Superman is a boyscout" needs to stop. Superman is one of the most violent creatures in the DC universe. He tries to mask it but anyone who can read sub textually knows he is one switch away from becoming a villain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by staart View Post
    RT is a joke, look at user ratings on IMDB for a decent indicator.
    Why is a website, that accumulates other people's reviews into an average score, a joke?

---------- Post added 2013-06-30 at 03:02 AM ----------

Just FYI, Superman has killed on several occasions.

I watched it last night. I was entertained and was emotionally invested in Superman as a character. Sure it wasn't perfect, but it worked.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Quote Originally Posted by staart View Post
    RT is a joke, look at user ratings on IMDB for a decent indicator.
    fans can vote in imdb, in rt they can't.
    they have an "audience" rating system also for people who haven't taken english classes, taken film classes or gone to college

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    So Superman isnt a panzy, the villian doesnt die to a magic rock, Superman doesnt look like a child molester, and its not stupidly silly like DC's last movie. I so want to go see it now.
    this is how kids these days think...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    anything a critic says should be taken with a grain of salt. i for one very rarely agree with anything a critic has to say about the movies i watch. i watch movies to be entertained and to have a good time with my family when i go to the theater with them. unfortunately if the movie doesnt have anything to do with todays issues and take a firm stance critics dont care to look at it seriously.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    It was a good movie. The problem with every super hero movie now is The Dark Knight made the benchmark so high that in all honesty i cant see any super hero movie coming close to that. Therefore people will not think highly enough of a movie. Superman was good better than 56% imo at least a 65-70%.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    this is how kids these days think...
    And yet every point he made has merit to it. Just because you don't want to admit it, doesn't mean they're not true.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. superman killed somebody. Zod. no version of superman ever killed anybody. the fight scenes.. they were cool.. but im sure the amount of collateral damage would have killed innocents. they didnt evacuate the city. a fight of this kind, should have taken place in space or something, away from civilians so as to protect them from harm.. something Superman has always been about.

2. his alter ego Clark Kent. Superman purposely acts like a goof to throw people off of discovering him as Superman. even Lois didnt know who clark was supposed to be. and to show her finding out his secret before he ever did ANYTHING for the world, was just weird. if it was that easy for her to find out.. then anybody with access to the internet would be able to do the same thing.

3. having to face Zod in the first movie, kinda leaves it with no place to go from there. i mean Lex looks kinda wimpy by comparison. i liked the old Lex.. one that was just basically a crime boss. he wasnt alien. he didnt have magical powers. he was just a master mind with deep pockets. but he is an icon when it comes to superman. i want to see lex but i will be underwhelmed by him. since superman KILLED zod, it shows he cant resist killing if pushed far enough.

4. i was hoping to see a more realistic movie. i know.. Superman isnt real,, but just less of the alien spaceships flying around.. and destroying the earth. if the plot dealt with Crime Lord Lex Luther, we could have seen something more dramatic and realistic without all the silly alien spaceships. i wasnt expecting a Sci-fi movie.. but i felt i got suckered into one at the end. i hated the bait and switch feeling i had afterwards.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2013-06-30 at 02:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelmart View Post
    Wrong. Superman killed Zod and the other Kryptonians in Superman 2. This idiotic thought that superman doesn't kill is pure wrong. The only JL member who doesn't kill is Batman except in Dark Knight Returns when he finally kills Joker (in a separate universe). Superman has killed many, many enemies of the US and the planet Earth. This idiotic line of thought that "Superman is a boyscout" needs to stop. Superman is one of the most violent creatures in the DC universe. He tries to mask it but anyone who can read sub textually knows he is one switch away from becoming a villain.
    superman 2 is NOT the comics it is another movie

10+ Year Old Account
    It shouldn't even be that high because it's Superman. Only the lamest superhero ever.

Quote Originally Posted by RaoBurning View Post
    Second, Lois talks about how she got brain-bugged (my term) while on the ship. I don't recall seeing this event happen at all, or any clue of it aside from her saying it happened. That's either my attention span dwindling, or poor writing. It would have been completely sufficient to gather the location of the Kent farm from Clark's head.
    I think they just wrote it to basically say Lois didn't just get away without anything bad happening, I'm almost 95% positive they didn't show her get "brain-bugged"

I thought the movie was good overall, the one thing that bothered me though. Superman's dad explains that the point of having him was so there was a person that wasn't pre-determined to do anything, had a free choice in what to do, but then goes on to say "Go make Earth a good place"

Well...alright then.

Another note, I heard that Superman did kill Doomsday though in the comics? Not sure if that's accurate, my friend told me that, which would mean he has killed before. But I think that scene was needed honestly, how else would they really deal with Zod? Can't really lock him up...and if Superman let him kill those people it would of been even more awkward.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2013-06-30 at 02:17 AM.