Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Dalaran is probably really slow and reach it's destination in next expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostSkull View Post
    It seems to me that the two bases below Dalaran can fill in for the things presently in the city. Although, it will do it less grandly.
    Don't think so... Profession/class trainers, portals, daily quests, vendors, Lich King video memorial, Algalon kill scene etc. etc... too much to fit into those tiny bases. What they could do, if they relocate it, would be to put a portal to the new Dalaran to those bases and that one would be phased to its WotLK form, but with view of the new location... If you tried to leave, it'd port you back (like with Monks and Zen Pilgrimage)...

But I still think keeping the old in a time bubble and having the new too. Possibly changed somehow, so people don't whine about reusing the content (affects of the purge, some reconstruction, some additions... so it doesn't look so "Northrendy")...

10+ Year Old Account
    Dalaran crashed into the ocean /thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown
    "The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand Russell
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time"

I'm still standing by my opinion that we'll never see it in game outside of Wrath's time frame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I'm still standing by my opinion that we'll never see it in game outside of Wrath's time frame.
    yes, it is the most logical, especially if we are talking about matters of the Alliance...

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    yes, it is the most logical, especially if we are talking about matters of the Alliance...
    I'm surprised when I see how strongly Horde players feel about the Alliance gaining Dalaran. If it were in game, I could understand the frustration and disappointment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by KorbenDallasMultipass View Post
    They should build a new Dalaran and call it...New Dalaran.
    This. It should be moved to the Swamp of Sorrows though imo...

---------- Post added 2013-06-30 at 05:28 PM ----------

I'm surprised when I see how strongly Horde players feel about the Alliance gaining Dalaran. If it were in game, I could understand the frustration and disappointment.
    From his sig it looks like he's an Alliance player. The statement is bitterness towards Blizzard's horde favoritism...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    ????

Northrend is bound to an old time. Dalaran can be both in northrend pre-LK's defeat and in orgrimmar around Siege. The game has worked this way ever since expansions were released. Cataclysm made a reform for a lot of the vanilla content but TBC and wrath are still in the past.
    There are like 3-4 different Garrosh's in the game. After Garrosh dies/gets exiled I reckon they'll still keep the other old model garrosh's in the game. Although Dalaran is a lot... bigger, technically they SHOULD be able to move dalaran without breaking the lore.

After all, like I said, we have a garrosh in orgrimmar, nagrand and in borean tundra. After garrosh dies we'll still have garrosh in nagrand, borean tundra and in the quests he appears throughout the leveling zones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frankly, I'd be more peeved as an Alliance player with them giving us a "new" city that was literally just an old city that we already sat around in for an expansion. Even if it's as neat as Dalaran.

Dalaran should play whatever part it's going to play... The toss up now seems to be between some Alliance staging point against SoO (which seems unnecessarily large to me,) having it transplanted, in game, back to Hillsbrad (which seems pointless unless they actually up Alliance involvement in the area,) or moving out to do something else entirely. Maybe it'll get WTFpwned by Kil'jaeden in the next expansion; who knows.

At any rate, I see no good reason to "remove" it from Northrend as it serves as the main city in Northrend for both the horde an Alliance. Northrend exists in its own time bubble, as does Outland.

Also, the "old world's" timeline was simply a mess... there's no real reason to try and delve into that. Hemet Nessingwary moved to Outland and was replaced with his son, but you could still defeat Kel'thuzad at the same time, who was supposed to have been defeated before then... And the Draenei and Blood Elves show up, even though they were never previously there, but very few things changed outside of their starting zones... Then the Lich king invaded the capital cities, while Kel'thuzad had supposedly been defeated for years, but the Draenei and Blood elves had only recently joined the Horde and Alliance from there start zones... and Hemmit Nessingwary magically appears in Northrend. It was just a mess.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Frankly, I'd be more peeved as an Alliance player with them giving us a "new" city that was literally just an old city that we already sat around in for an expansion. Even if it's as neat as Dalaran.
    What if it's a shiny new Dalaran to be used as a launching point for attacking things?

Like This.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soratrox View Post
    What if it's a shiny new Dalaran to be used as a launching point for attacking things?

Like This.
    Holy.. that's cool.
    Thats really cool.
    I want to see Dalaran flying alongside the Exodar now.

Fighting against some.. uh.. Legion.. Forge Camp.. Borg Cubes.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    ????

Northrend is bound to an old time. Dalaran can be both in northrend pre-LK's defeat and in orgrimmar around Siege. The game has worked this way ever since expansions were released. Cataclysm made a reform for a lot of the vanilla content but TBC and wrath are still in the past.
    When Dalaran moved north in the beginning of WotLK, the pink bubble disappeared, and that's when the crater showed up. (Basically, the crater showed up before the Cataclysm, thus meaning Blizzard can take things out of different places in the game.)

Personally, I'd hate seeing Dalaran leave Northrend, as much as my lore-side of me sees why, the backdrops and everything in the city... I'd rather not lose that.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    it would be dangerous to physically move dalaran due to icebergs in the azerothian skys above the northrend sea's.
    Hi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    it would be dangerous to physically move dalaran due to icebergs in the azerothian skys above the northrend sea's.
    Say again?

10+ Year Old Account
    Dalaran will replace Theramore in the next expansion. Just too much work to do it now.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Exodar is repaired (see the prophet Velen short story), Dalaran is on the move...
    My guess would be that the Exodar leaves and Dalaran lands at Theramore, becoming the new Alliance capital. One capital traded for another. (The Draenei starting area would then need to be phased so they can still level there).

Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    After all, like I said, we have a garrosh in orgrimmar, nagrand and in borean tundra. After garrosh dies we'll still have garrosh in nagrand, borean tundra and in the quests he appears throughout the leveling zones.

Don't forget the Garrosh in Icecrown at the Argent Tournament Grounds (which includes him in ToC10/25).
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

By the time dalaran reaches kalimdor sargeras will have been defeated years ago lol

Lets face it this was just a ploy to keep the alliance quiet

10+ Year Old Account
    The should just have northrend and outlands start from cot now days and just add in some infinite dragon flight quests along the way. This would be a way for it to make sense but not have to be redone. This way they can move dalaran into the current time line and still have it in the past.

I am sure they have time to add 10/20 quest into outlands and northrend which involve the infinite dragon flight.
    Last edited by Airwaves; 2013-07-01 at 02:06 PM.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Dalaran will replace Theramore in the next expansion. Just too much work to do it now.
    Not an odd decision. With Theramore lost. Alliance doesn't have a strong city anymore in central/southern Kalimdor. With Dalaran placed there, they would have one again.

But i like to see a Burning Legion invasion from a newly created portal inside the Ruins of Theramore more. :P