BenQ XL2411T or The Dell UltraSharp U2412M

I've got 400 euro to spend on a new monitor and can't decide which to go for. I have a GTX 670 and will be playing BF4 when it comes out so, the BenQ XL2411T 144Hz sounds like the right match but, poor screen colors would bug me. Does anyone have this monitor? What do you think of it? The colors on the UltraSharp are suppose to very good but, is it OK with FPS's? Is it playable? Dell says you can return it if there is one dead pixel but, how good is Dell support these days? I don't know which to go for. Any thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Dell support is one of the best on the market I believe, atleast many say so.

With a 670 you should go for the Ultrasharp since you wont break 60 fps on high settings.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Well first things first, you won't be getting anywhere close to 120 FPS with a single GTX 670. For such a large map game as Battlefield series are, Anti-Aliasing is a must(seeing things in the far distance), so you have to have a good GPU to compensate for the 10 FPS drop it does.

Makes much more sense to get a 60Hz monitor for your GPU.

Deleted
    where from?
    im gonna get a dell U2711 for 419 euro's including shipping. (albeit a factory refurbished model, should still be as good as a new one)
    also what current screen do you have?

From Ireland. My current screen is Samsung SyncMaster SA300

Really, the GTX 670 wouldn't take advantage of 144Hz. Wow, I thought it would.
    Last edited by neuk; 2013-06-30 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by neuk View Post
    From Ireland.

You'd need at least one more 670 to push 144Hz.

Deleted
    From Ireland.

well single cards just don't have the perfomance for such fps numbers on high settings.
    personally i've had my old 24" iiyama screen for quite a while or are you specificly looking for an IPS screen for better image quality over performance?

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    You'd need at least one more 670 to push 144Hz.
    Is it worth it ?
    Even though I have no intention of getting another 670.

Deleted
    Is it worth it ?
    Even though I have no intention of getting another 670.
    worth it? not really, but if you have the extra money you might as well do it.. you won't get a real advantage with >60 fps in BF3, at least not against players you'd lose against anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    im gonna get a dell U2711 for 419 euro's including shipping. (albeit a factory refurbished model, should still be as good as a new one)
    For 75 euros extra you get a brand new 2713HM....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    For 75 euros extra you get a brand new 2713HM....
    Well what would the difference be other then different power usage? (also is the HM also 10bits color?)

as for the actual topic, i've tried 120Hz at a friend's place i found it to be a bit smoother but i doubt it really improves actual gaming performance.

Deleted
    Well what would the difference be other then different power usage? (also is the HM also 10bits color?)

as for the actual topic, i've tried 120Hz at a friend's place i found it to be a bit smoother but i doubt it really improves actual gaming performance.
    I think the HM is 8 bits, with a 10 but emulator. Besides the lower power usage, you will get a better looking monitor (or thats what I think anyway :P), it is smaller, and the coating is less aggresive so white looks white instead of grey-ish i think. But that is all up to you of course. Im not sure if you want to use it for anything else besides gaming/movie watching.

As for the OP. I would go with an IPS model. I got a 2713HM and I got no issues playing BF3.
    And as others have said, you wont reach 120 fps in BF4 on high/ultra settings (most likely).

BenQ XL 2411T has the advantage of being 16:9, it's faster and most games are more fluid in 100+ Hz.
    The GTX 670 should handle most games fairly well with this. If lowered settings to high, it'd make it worth it.

The DELL has better viewing angles and that's about it.
    http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/...711_comparison

I'm using the XL2411t for ~6 months now and for me it was worth every €.
    Everything feels much smoother, even below 120/144fps. Especially in BF3 it's really remarkable. I would never go back to 60hz.
    Poor colors? Maybe. But you adapt to that pretty fast. Viewing Angles? I don't know about you but I'm not looking at my monitor from the side/top/bottom so this doesn't affect me. Plus the xl2411t is really flexible so you should get optimal viewing angles everywhere.

I would totally go for benq if you like the smootheness.