Thread: Hexos

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I finally got him down. I took one person's suggestion to make a one-button rotation. Had to learn how to macro a bit to do it, but it was far easier, and I was much more able to concentrate on the maze. Once I had more focus on the maze, and since I knew most of the patterns from all the other attempts, I finally got it down.

Next one I'm stuck on is Nibbleh, although apparently I'm just gonna have to be lucky and hope he doesn't stop for a stupid reason, as he seems to for everybody else. He's definitely done it to me a few times. Ah well, maybe I'll get that one lucky fight.
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyric View Post
    If you wanna feel pain, go play super hexagon lol, this will seem like a joke afterwards. Only tips i can give you is keep your camera above you, and only move with the mouse after the waves youve avoided have passed under you. It really isnt that hard when you get the hang of it.
    Not true at all unfortunately. Super hexagon uses the arrow keys or a,d which makes it significantly easier. I was able to survive 75 seconds on super hexagon at level 6. I am able to survive about 15 seconds on Hexos. There is a MASSIVE difference between keyboard turning and mouse turning.

When I first started I had 2-3 deaths with him at about 500k with around 30 seconds left on enrage. Since those days I die within the first few seconds. Not really sure what changed but I have given up on this boss.

Deleted
    Omfg after 11 tries i did him!
    Hes so damned hard, try to play a easy dps spec like destro where you dont have to focus for full dps and just concentrate on maze
    Difficulity? 9/10

oh no, have to learn keybinds? Part of being a competitive player. Also The boss only has a few patterns that you can easily figure out, he just does them in random orders. Practice when other people are fighting them using the far sight totem. I promise it's not that hard, you just can't turn with your keyboard.

Hexos is fun, probably the most active boss for the brawlers guild.. What really helped my self is enh broken burst.. I could get him to 45% before the tricky set of mazes came up. After that, it's hit whatever abilities you can, but focus up on the maze. I think i killed him with 45s or so left on after 15 or so attempts.. Keep doing it until it's all muscle memory as others have said.
    The world is a deaf machine.

Hexos was my favorite boss of the whole thing. The rest were a joke.

I found avoiding the lines quite entertaining and not that difficult, even wiped to enrage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnxHjNoHaMg
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)

10+ Year Old Account
    i killed him my 3rd try o.o its really not that hard besides the fact my rotation is on the number pad so i have to liek scrunch my hands together to do it lol
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

Quote Originally Posted by Taoforums View Post
    One shotted my way up to rank 10. lol don't see a problem about it.
    no way you one shotted hexos without looking up a guide on how to or seeing someone else do it/asking them!

On a serious note I gave out some hardcore nerd screams when I downed this boss. West side of australia ms = 250, downing this boss took some serious practice and luck, fucking loved it! My first like 10 attempts I died immediately and by immediately, the first lines came through and i just dropped right away
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)

We're confident the .01% left will be thrilled to attend a post-apocalyptic BlizzCon.

I like the encounter, a lot! It really makes my heart start racing. And it's such fun trying to maximise your damage output while navigating through the maze.

However, no way this should have been a fight to progress in rank. The fight is just too demanding for the player to execute it with a certain playstyle, and favours certain classes immensely. Anybody that doesn't have the skill to navigate the maze will get stuck, and there is no progression path either. You can die at any moment from the beginning to the end. And fuck you if you are a class that relies heavily on dots. Good luck navigating through the maze while maximising damage output. Only way to do it is to overgear the fight, which is the exact opposite of skill. It would have been an awesome special boss, but it sucks as a progression one.
    Last edited by Drithien; 2013-07-01 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladeface View Post
    i killed him my 3rd try o.o its really not that hard besides the fact my rotation is on the number pad so i have to liek scrunch my hands together to do it lol
    Also killed him on my 3rd try, on the first two I was just turning too fast. It's pretty difficult to tell exactly where you need to have Hexos in relation to the lines at first.

Deleted
    zooming in the camera did the trick for me. dont let the 'next' maze get your attention. focus on the one you are doing right now and smash your rotation (i hope you can do that without looking at your bars)

Hmm do you by any chance use a Naga mouse? If so, and if not, are any of your DPS abilities you use in the fight bound to the mouse keys? If so, change them to keyboard bindings n try to get used to the new setup on a dummy or something first. When I did him, I found that clicking a mouse side-button while turning kind of stops you for a fraction of a second, that can be punishing on that boss. Also play around with the mouse sensitivity. Having low sensitivity can make you go beyond the bounds of your mouse pad, like what happened on your good attempt. Very high sensitivity is also not ideal. Try to find your middle ground. Also, you might know this already, don't look at Hexos, his turning is a side effect of your turning. You're the one who must not be hit in the face by any wall. The walls hitting your sides or your 30/40/50/280/290/etc angle is totally fine.
    Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladeface View Post
    That's why it was so easy for me.

I went Frost 2h for it and so I wouldn't have to pop any CDs and I just had to press three buttons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Not true at all unfortunately. Super hexagon uses the arrow keys or a,d which makes it significantly easier. I was able to survive 75 seconds on super hexagon at level 6. I am able to survive about 15 seconds on Hexos. There is a MASSIVE difference between keyboard turning and mouse turning.

When I first started I had 2-3 deaths with him at about 500k with around 30 seconds left on enrage. Since those days I die within the first few seconds. Not really sure what changed but I have given up on this boss.
    Turning with my arrow keys is much harder for me than turning with my mouse
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jess Day View Post
    Depends very much on gear level. Hexos was fine at 490, just beat the enrage there as hance, but nibbleh and ahooru required a sizable gear jump.

The mechanics of the fights are easier though i agree.
    Yeah, sorry I should have specified that I was speaking about the mechanics in particular. Without much gear the latter bosses would certainly cause trouble to players, but the mechanics aren't overly taxing.

Specific classes certainly help though, I did it on my enhance shaman also and the our healing capability coupled with burst damage is just amazing for Brawler's. I'd seen people decked out in H TF gear struggling on Ahoo'ru, but with enhance utility, unless you really screw up any damage you take in that 1st phase can be easily dealt with, making it pretty esay comparatively.

(not to mention overgearing the fights with ToT gear) ; )

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    Personally, I think it's one of the coolest, most creative bosses in the brawler's guild! It's certainly better than most.
    I agree. Sometimes I even do the fight for fun.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Aquilesmagno View Post
    We need a raiding boss like this, best mechanic ever
    As much as I like having hard bosses, I wouldn't want this. A full raid group would never get a boss like this down together even if they facesmashed 40+ hours a week for a year.

I like keeping this stuff to solo.