Thread: Throne Heroics

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty006 View Post
    You simply have to extend. Else you will do 4 hours or progress farming, leaving you only 1 hour to work on progression fights every week, and that's just not enough.
    /10 characters

Last time my guild did a full normal run we were at twins shortly before the 3 hour mark, including a fail on animus trash and durumu. If your healers can handle it, you can 2 heal most fights (still 3 heal megaera, animus, IQ and lei shen). To beat the enrage it's also best to 2 heal HC jin'rohk, which isnt a tough fight to heal.

But i digress, the main theme here is extend your lockout. You'll get less gear drops overall, but you'll finish the raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jayinjersey View Post
    Dunno...our main holdup is time issues

We run about 5 hours a week...and that gets us to IQ (or Dark Anus if we have a bad Durmoomoo night)

We can smoke Jin by the second puddle forming...though a little heroic might be worth it.
    The hardest piece to Heroic Jin'Rokh is everyone's timing needs to be pat. As the DK tank in our raid, I have 2 main jobs outside of normal mode: I get thrown because with Glyph of IBF, I can break the stun immediately and taunt as the other tank gets Static Burst, and to AMS the Static Burst immediately after Lightning Storm.

What I found most frustrating on our progression on that fight was it took me 3 wipes to get my timing down pat... and then we wiped about 15 more times while one or two people stopped screwing up the Ionization part. Then, once that was figured out, people were still screwing up dropping their fissures on the grates. That won't wipe you on Normal, but it will kill 2 - 3 people in heroic every time.

Kill Lei Shen on Normal first. His mechanics are frustrating but easier than Heroic Jin'Rokh.

Deleted
    The easiest 3 heroics are probably Jin'rokh, Ji-Kun and Iron Qon (if you have a paladin and a warlock at least). Ji-Kun and Jin'rokh are a bit easier than heroic Iron Qon, but not by much.They just require different strengths from your raid team. If you can't kill normal Iron Qon, chances are you won't get very far on heroic Jin'Rokh. I'd just keep working on the normal bosses you have left to kill.

When only raiding 5 hours a week, it's pretty important to be efficient with both bosses and trash if you want to keep progressing. Extending like a lot of people have suggested is a good idea, but you can also work on getting through the place faster.

Are you chain pulling during trash? Are you clearing trash while distributing loot or standing around for 3+ minutes after each boss kill? Throne of Thunder trash is pretty linear, so there's not a lot of options for skipping trash, but you can still choose a good route on Megaera and Ji-Kun. There may be more opportunities in Siege. Are you marking/making groups for bosses during trash? For example on Animus your raid leader can start marking while your raid finishes off the last few ritualists.

Quote Originally Posted by TwentyTwelve View Post
    Quite a bit of harshness on this thread tbh, i agree 5 hours on Iron Qon is kinda slow but people comparing them killing Xhc bosses in 4 hours is irrelevant in my opinion.
    When my guild started heroics, we started to form better as a team and that leads to faster clears/kills, making the raid go faster, especially if them Xhc bosses are on farm for you now whereas the OP still hasent cleared normal.

If you want heroic, i'd suggest extending raid, clearing the raid once and for all and then attempting, but as others say Jin rokh is unforgiving. IF your raiders have good awareness then attempt it.
    Nothing harsh about it: He thought his group could handle heroic Jin'rohk and people are explaining why that won't be the case. We're trying to save him a huge potential headache :P
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu