Death Knight should be 90 soon (after a break) any advice?

took a break a few months shortly after mists came out, my character was left at 88, working through the expansion.

I'm coming back and plan to get him up to 90 and start gearing.

Should I keep questing in expansion zones or is there somewhere else to level faster?

Once I hit 90, where should I go to start gearing so I can get into heroics?

Any good purples from events you guys would recommend?

I've been out of the loop for a while and would hate to miss something cool,

Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    I would keep questing in the expansion zones.

Once you hit 90.

I would do the world bosses (sha/nalak/gal) weekly
    Do the quest to start the barrens which will drop 502 boots (forget how far you have to go)
    Run dungeons/scenarios while converting your JP into honour points (honour gear is 476 and is much better than the jp gear currently available, even for PVE)

Thanks, let you know how it goes!

Deleted
    The other thing to bear in mind is that the gearing paradigm has shifted, so that you gear up through LFR not 5 mans. So you should aim to get 460 item level to start the initial LFR and then move on to get 470 and 480 for later branches (it's very linear - you can't queue for later wings without doing earlier wings).

Drops from LFR are rather luck based, although the earlier ones have seen drop rate buffs. Having coins that give you a second roll at loot is very attractive.

For older LFR, you get elder coins in the course of doing the Isle of Thunder dailies - specifically the weekly treasure solo scenario, the key to which drops on the Isle.

For ToT LFR, which you should aim to run as soon as you get 480 item level, you have to get 50 lesser coins each week to get 3 mogu coins. Dailies are one way to get lesser coins; there are others (pet battles, mob drops).

Reserve some coins for the world bosses Dryankem mentions, as they drop better loot for their tier than LFR.

Aim to valor cap (1000) each week and try to save it for 522 Shadow Pan Assault Gear. You can get a necklace at neutral and rep comes via ToT LFR.

The new weekly quest gives you a 489 item as well. You get the item by combining a radical mojo (get it once a week) with a Latent Kor'kron token. The token is cheap on the AH (ez to farm as well)

15+ Year Old Account
    try this link, it's icy veins little guide, gonna use it myself when i get back in Europe from my trip.

Link: http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topi...st/#entry25091
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodkin View Post
    try this link, it's icy veins little guide, gonna use it myself when i get back in Europe from my trip.

Link: http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topi...st/#entry25091
    Took a look at this guide and it really is excellent. The only thing I would do differently is to convert you JP into HP, as the 476 pvp pieces will raise your ilvl higher than upgrading 463s to 471s.