10+ Year Old Account

Warlock Demon Name

So yesterday I dinged 75 on my Warlock and I was happy because I got the Grimoire of Supremacy, however it was the moment I started summoning my Observer did I realise I would lose my Felhunter's name, Maafenn.

So I was thinking, I really want a minor glyph (Or something else) that let's you keep your demon's name when you choose that talent.

I've had good luck on demon names with this character actually

Imp = Jakyal (Sounds like Jackel)
    Void = Phanmon (Reminds me of something like a Phantom Digimon)
    Felhunter = Maafenn (Sounds like Muffin)
    Succubus = I don't know. I didn't use her for long.

Just thought I'd share. I really liked that name

They're different demons so there's no point to keep the same name.

10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously, and they of course carry a different naming scheme but that's why it'd be nice as a minor glyph or something along those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheafie View Post
    So yesterday I dinged 75 on my Warlock and I was happy because I got the Grimoire of Supremacy, however it was the moment I started summoning my Observer did I realise I would lose my Felhunter's name, Maafenn.

So I was thinking, I really want a minor glyph (Or something else) that let's you keep your demon's name when you choose that talent.

I've had good luck on demon names with this character actually

Imp = Jakyal (Sounds like Jackel)
    Void = Phanmon (Reminds me of something like a Phantom Digimon)
    Felhunter = Maafenn (Sounds like Muffin)
    Succubus = I don't know. I didn't use her for long.

Just thought I'd share. I really liked that name
    I really like my Fel Imps name: Fizpik. It just seems to fit an Imp to me. :P

I still love the demon names I got on my lock (which I haven't played on since 2008)
    Imp: Nokbis
    Voidwalker: Charnos
    Succubus: Zhania

You'll always be in my heart <3

Now if I can get them to my current lock...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    I really like my Fel Imps name: Fizpik. It just seems to fit an Imp to me. :P
    That does sound imp-ish! Mine is called Piple and i love it too

For what it's worth you could use the Demon Trainer NPC to re-select names until you get one that you like. It's probably not possible to get the same name on supremacy pets and normal ones, but maybe you could find something you like.

My succubus named Darwyn ffs, Evolution for the win!

Deleted
    ma pets since 2007 <3

imp : Azrot
    void : Juk'krit
    succ : Doomwena
    felpuppy: Droodym
    felguard : Shatoom

and the new fellas ;P
    wrathguard : Azgorath
    observer : Xelgolon
    imp : Guz'nip

Personally, I would like it if demons were given a randomly generated name when you summon them, like unholy DK ghouls. I seem to recall an alleged distinction in the class descriptions between hunters and warlocks where, while hunters' pets were loyal and beloved companions, demons were just tools to serve the warlock.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zargul View Post
    Personally, I would like it if demons were given a randomly generated name when you summon them, like unholy DK ghouls. I seem to recall an alleged distinction in the class descriptions between hunters and warlocks where, while hunters' pets were loyal and beloved companions, demons were just tools to serve the warlock.
    Playing my Warlock since BC and i love the names of my fellas. Also everyone in my guild is familiar with my little friends, so changing names would really bother me.

i thought that warlocks entered a mutually beneficial pact with the greater demons, hence why the same one would be there everytime, not 100% sure though

My felhunter was named Haadym. Always thought him as a suicide bomber for some reason. I know it's racist Imp was Quznam, funny little guy, and my mighty Felguard was named Klekfazag .. just.a.bad.ass name for the Cleaver of Minions.

10+ Year Old Account
    For what it's worth you could use the Demon Trainer NPC to re-select names until you get one that you like. It's probably not possible to get the same name on supremacy pets and normal ones, but maybe you could find something you like.
    Wait wait, you could DO this?

Mind=Blown
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Wait wait, you could DO this?

Mind=Blown
    Wow, never knew that either. But apparently yeah, costs 50g:

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=5815/kurgul

Pretty cool, I never liked some of my demons' names.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I cycled through about 10 Shivarra before I got Shiriah - which it seems a few other players have done, since I've seen at least 2-3 other players with Shiriah running around in PvP. >
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember when they screwed up our demon names, all of the sudden they where different. The rage! I was pissed off for sure, so many years with the same demon names and then they just changed.

Thankfully they managed to revert it.

I changed my felguard's name though, never liked it. And Every other felguard I saw had almost exactly the same name.

I for one don't think the name of your felhunter should remain when it is replaced by an observer etc, it simply doesn't fit.

I changed the name of my Observer and found out there are 100 different names available (10 prefixes + 10 suffixes).

Prefixes:

Brag
    Col
    Gor
    Hrog
    Illy
    Ker
    Mor
    Shir
    Xel
    Xor

Suffixes:

cor
    dus
    eth
    gok
    golon
    kek
    mek
    rak
    rik
    rogg

Not really great combos but I decided I want the name Gorgolon. It took 691 tries before I got it (34550g well spent?).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amirila View Post
    Imp: Nokbis

I want this name. Either that or Niple.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoiledkid View Post
    I changed the name of my Observer and found out there are 100 different names available (10 prefixes + 10 suffixes).

Prefixes:

Brag
    Col
    Gor
    Hrog
    Illy
    Ker
    Mor
    Shir
    Xel
    Xor

Suffixes:

cor
    dus
    eth
    gok
    golon
    kek
    mek
    rak
    rik
    rogg

Not really great combos but I decided I want the name Gorgolon. It took 691 tries before I got it (34550g well spent?).
    Very cool! Thanks for sharing. Do you think the other demons have 10 prefixes and suffixes each as well?