Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    seems more like a summary of wrathion's character than a hint at the next expansion to me
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

Quote Originally Posted by Romeothecat View Post
    seems more like a summary of wrathion's character than a hint at the next expansion to me
    With all the quests that I've done that have hinted at this "larger" threat and other hints, I believe it is safe to say that it is legion themed.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is a little off-topic, but I fucking HATE the "Like if/share if" nonsense that corporate Facebooks do. I honestly figured Blizz was above that. A little sad they aren't.

I think it will stay the vaguest of hint if it even really is a hint (and not just hype/like-whoring). Any true 'reveal' (even if it is just a teaser) will be at Blizzcon, especially now that Titan is back to the drawing board.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    TBC barely tackled the Burning Legion so you are incorrect. It's not lazyness.
    TBC had us (or at least the extreme hardcore players) fight the leader of the current Legion who was trying to and almost succeded at invading our home planet. I'd say that is quite some tackling.

We HAVE NOT dealt with the Burning Legion in full force. No, Kil'Jaeden isn't dead either.
    In Warcraft 3 we killed Archimonde, Tichondrius, Mannoroth and the entire armies they sent to destroy Azeroth. That's the leader of the Dreadlords, the leader of the Pit Lords and one of the two leaders of the Eredar and the entire Legion. That is quite some force. Unless Blizzard retcons or just start making a ton of new races that we have never seen before in the legion we have basically fought all they have to offer and we won. Kil'jaeden is the only remnant of power within the legion left at this point (maybe you can count Mephistroth if you are scraping for something), unless as I said Blizzard just conjures up a whole new slew of characters and races just to fill up the raids. Not doubting that they will do that btw, just saying it would be lame.

What else would there be out there? Any suggestions?
    Something entirely new. Blizzard can't lean on old gods and the legion forever. They have to put something new into the game. They said they would with Pandaria IIRC, but it all went "titans and old gods did everything" pretty fast.

I can't come up with suggestions at the top of my head, I'm no good at that. They are pulling 6+ figures on their paycheck to make this stuff though so they must be able to do something.

Sargeras purpose of life is to destroy everything Titans have created. As long as Sargeras is not dead or Azeroth destroyed, Burning Legion will keep coming back.
    Sargeras is so dead lorewise at this point that bringing him back would be decleration of storytelling bankruptcy.

Blizzard can't lean on old gods and the legion forever.
    No, they can't, but neither of those stories are finished.

Quote Originally Posted by koawinter View Post
    With all the quests that I've done that have hinted at this "larger" threat and other hints, I believe it is safe to say that it is legion themed.
    never said it wasn't. But the post didn't really mention anything that we didn't already know in 5.1

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/Warcraft

The link he posted is from Blizzard, it takes you to Wrathion's lore page.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/lor...cters/wrathion

The legion haven't been confirmed for next expansion, but it's obviously coming within the next 2 expansions, you would hope.
    There's the image of Fel energy htiting Azeroth in the 5.0 Legendary quest line, and someone of Blizzard said the two lost High Elves lost in the Nether would show up in the next expansion.
    But yeah, atleast Wrathion won't be thrown under a bus in this expansion, and will actually show up if they are giving him a bit of attention, good to see.
    it's one lost high elf and one lost super awsome equal to thrall human paladin(no not tirion tho I wish he was in space already..go nuke undercity already moron tirion)

OT: i'm gona go with the guy from FB that said:Wrathion is Sergeras. just for the lolz ;P

if they go with the Legion and Sargeras, I think that makes Blizzard looks desperate to try and keep their game afloat. Basically meaning I think everyone expects Sargeras to be the very last endgame boss. And if that's the case, this could be it for WoW

Well, it's been a long time coming. We've known this since MoP beta last year from Wrathion's quest.

This probably won't be the last legion expansion, Sargeras is kind of the biggest villain built up to finish the series and it is far too early for that with Azshara expac still there. It will probably be Argus+Kil'jaeden.

I'm disappointed that they're not getting rid of wrathion, such a boring character born from a boring expansion. Also, his hat is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by anyaka21 View Post
    if they go with the Legion and Sargeras, I think that makes Blizzard looks desperate to try and keep their game afloat. Basically meaning I think everyone expects Sargeras to be the very last endgame boss. And if that's the case, this could be it for WoW
    Sorry, but this is a bad assumption. I mean, they're all wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly hope the next expansion gets announced before Blizzcon. It would be a tight squeeze if they plan on releasing the expansion in Decemberish. I believe they are finally going to get the annual expansion packs down. So December seems reasonable. Though announcing the expansion in November and it coming out in December seems kind of strange. So I hope the announce it earlier than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Noorri View Post
    In Warcraft 3 we killed Archimonde, Tichondrius, Mannoroth and the entire armies they sent to destroy Azeroth. That's the leader of the Dreadlords, the leader of the Pit Lords and one of the two leaders of the Eredar and the entire Legion. That is quite some force. Unless Blizzard retcons or just start making a ton of new races that we have never seen before in the legion we have basically fought all they have to offer and we won. Kil'jaeden is the only remnant of power within the legion left at this point (maybe you can count Mephistroth if you are scraping for something), unless as I said Blizzard just conjures up a whole new slew of characters and races just to fill up the raids. Not doubting that they will do that btw, just saying it would be lame.

Sargeras is so dead lorewise at this point that bringing him back would be decleration of storytelling bankruptcy.
    That probably wasn't as big of a dent in their numbers as you would think, the legion was counting on using the scourge's large numbers (at the time under their control) to bulk up their army but also the legion has conquered countless planets before they came to azeorth, they span the universe looking for more races to bring into their fold so it stands to reason that in the 10-ish years since their defeat in hyjal that they have not only recovered but also had new races join their ranks.

Not sure if you are speaking figuratively or literally in regards to sargeras but he is certainly not dead. His body was destroyed by the portal to azeroth 10k years ago but his spirit survived and is wondering the twisting nether (in other words he'll be back)

Quote Originally Posted by Corrupted View Post
    I honestly hope the next expansion gets announced before Blizzcon. It would be a tight squeeze if they plan on releasing the expansion in Decemberish. I believe they are finally going to get the annual expansion packs down. So December seems reasonable. Though announcing the expansion in November and it coming out in December seems kind of strange. So I hope the announce it earlier than that.
    december..? your expecting a last tier to be like 2months? More like a few into 2014, depending on when SoO launches

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    Actually I remember months and months in advance everyone was speculating it was gonna be MOP before it was announced!
    thats only because the trademark was filed by blizzard and posted here, not many people thought pandas would be the next expac before the trademark was found.
    dragonmaw - EU

Here's a thought worth considering. Say we do, eventually, defeat Sargeras and the Burning Legion. What then? Maybe the Titans themselves will come in because we were able to do the impossible, kill a Titan. As much as I'd like to see another Legion based expansion I can't help but think that we'll have to deal with the Titans themselves sooner or later. We can only cause so much chaos before they take notice and try to do something about it.
    “Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”
    ― G.K. Chesterton

I'm not just a white knight. I'm a freaking Paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by zylathas View Post
    And eveyrone knows Wrathion is hiding something. He is getting strong titan artifacts that we collect for him and then never hear of anymore and he is trying to grab more and more of them. Almost as if he wants to gain power through these titans and might just follow his father's footsteps after all.. Just more cunning and less corrupted.
    I don't see this happening. We already had a massive black furious dragon we needed to kill. They're not going to repeat the same exact character as an expansion bullet point.

Deleted
    To take that post literally, I focused on "rising menace" and thought of Legion as more like lasting menace. I'm thinking Naga, Azshara and N'Zoth as rising menace

Deleted
    I don't think we'll face Sargeras within the next 3 expansions, if we kill him, he'll drag the world with it, nor at this point do we even have enough power to face him.

They hinted, Kil'jaeden, Illidan and other bosses are gonna make a comeback in the foresee-able (how the hell u even spell it) future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by artem123 View Post
    december..? your expecting a last tier to be like 2months? More like a few into 2014, depending on when SoO launches
    I don't know. If 5.4 comes out in late August that is a good few months until December. And you say a few into 2014. Are you saying we will sit in 5.4 for 6 months?
    I expect the pre patch to the next expansion will be where Horde gets a new Warchief. I don't believe we will see a 5.5. It would be pointless.