Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Its about picking which animals you are ok with.

Cats are good because they kill rodents, and rodents spread disease and eat our food (cats eat their own weird foods, so we aren't in competition).

Spiders are good because they eat the worst bugs, and other bugs are super gross - so spiders are an acceptable solution.

Hairless spiders are weird to me though - I feel like they're too obcessed with self-image.
    Yeah and I am actually considering getting a bigger spider now to just roam around now... it's not that I dislike spiders, I just don't want to open a door and SURPRISE "hey how you doing I'm here". Yeah... I kinda want to know my spiders and not just run into them....

10+ Year Old Account
    With a shotgun. Spiders are fucking abominations.

With all the pluses of the Huntsman, it would be rather uncomfortable being in a room with such a thing.

those things are the reason i will never go to australia. they might be harmless, but i would still literally die if i saw one. i'm not just joking around either, i would have a heart attack and die. horrible horrible things.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    those things are the reason i will never go to australia. they might be harmless, but i would still literally die if i saw one. i'm not just joking around either, i would have a heart attack and die. horrible horrible things.
    Well... you kinda saw one in the op and are still here to write about. Just sayin' lol.

Deleted
    Oh god, hate spiders so much. Just a few days ago one scared me pretty badly.

Was sitting on my bed at night, browsing stuff on my laptop when out of nowhere, a spider the size of my fist suddenly appeared a few centimeters from my face after it lowered itself down from the ceiling.

Quote Originally Posted by Vathdar View Post
    Oh god, hate spiders so much. Just a few days ago one scared me pretty badly.

Was sitting on my bed at night, browsing stuff on my laptop when out of nowhere, a spider the size of my fist suddenly appeared a few centimeters from my face after it lowered itself down from the ceiling.
    That happened to me before, but usually my spiders like to walk down the wall right next to me (i have my computer right next to the window and wall) and scare the shit out of me. I jumped up and fell over my box fan about a week ago when a stink bug said hello -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    Like this

but Seriously, I have never seen a Spider that big... Then again - I hardly even see spiders.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

They seem so friendly!

If it's not near my bed I don't care about a Huntsman (after having them wake me up by crawling over my face a few times I decided they aren't allowed in my bedroom) and when I do see one in my bedroom I usually just catch it with a plastic container and release outside.

The only other spiders I see with any sort of frequency are Daddy Long Legs (lol what a joke spider) absolutely fucking everywhere and Golden Orbs (pretty sure the venom is non fatal) which I only ever see in impressively large webs outside. Species other than those 3 aren't very common around where I live.

This pretty much sums up how I feel about Australian spiders.

Australia, as a landmass, is the greatest evidence on Earth that there is a god... and that it enjoys bloodsport.

When even the trees are capable of killing everything around them... by exploding... you know this area was created during god's "burn ants with a magnifying glass" phase.

The fact that people live there is a monument to man's hubris. It is the country that should not exist.
    Last edited by Laize; 2013-07-03 at 12:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I sleep on the couch for the night.. lol

But they are actually pretty cool, smaller ones anyway, they eat the annoying bugs then leave

10+ Year Old Account
    i have no idea, i find the small spiders we have in the UK scary enough.
    dragonmaw - EU

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Huntsmans are pretty neat. They generally live in the corners and dark places of your house, actively hunting other insects like roaches. They're roach-killing machines
    please, send me some of these spiders.

actually, send me a lot of them.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    please, send me some of these spiders.

actually, send me a lot of them.
    I live in NJ but I let spiders live in my house. Why do I do this? Because if they're in my house, it means there are other bugs in my house (There is no other reason for a predator to be in an area if a readily available food source is not).

I have an agreement with them. I will name them and allow them to live in my house free of disturbance. In exchange, they will not do that terrifying "dangle down in front of your face on a string of silk" thing while I'm playing Amnesia at 2 AM. Failure to comply with the agreement on their part will net them a much-deserved crushing with a copy of "The Art of War" I keep for the express purpose of smashing spiders. Failure to comply with the agreement on my part will generally result in me flailing around like a sissy trying to get the spider off of me.

So far, Giorgio has been upholding his end of the bargain quite nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post

They seem so friendly!
    Huntsmen are, they're like a big spiderbro. As in, they keep to themselves and keep the house free of creepy crawlies and even nasties like the redback. Dont back one into a corner and it'll just chill there waiting for bugs.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

I wouldn't have a problem with spiders if they just stayed out of my no-spider zone. But those Australian ones, holy crap I would shit bricks. Are there any methods involving chemicals for keeping them outdoors? Like maybe a max repel >_>
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    The fact that people live there is a monument to man's hubris. It is the country that should not exist.
    We accepted gods challenge...

Then just sat around drinking beer and telling tourists about drop bears

Deleted
    Nuke it from orbit.
    Twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Callude View Post
    We accepted gods challenge...

Then just sat around drinking beer and telling tourists about drop bears
    Oh don't get me wrong. I'm well aware that living in the urban areas means you've probably never seen any of the Thunderdome wildlife that exists in Aussieland. I'm onto you faux-Crocodile-Dundees!