Deleted

PvP duo: Ranger + ?? Playing with gf

Hi there guys,

So my gf is is playing GW2 as a ranger and I'd like to join her so we can play some pvp together.

Having in mind class changes in the latest patch, what do you think would make the best combo with a ranger?

By best combo I mean another class that, well, somehow complements the ranger in pvp. I'm looking for something that coupled with ranger will give the ability to 'lock' the target. If you have ever played wow, I guess it'd be similar to frost mage/rogue in 2v2 arena - they usually had great cc/dps and went great together.

Any ideas are welcome

PS. Is there something like diminishing returns in GW2? e.g. if we were to play 2 rangers, she stuns someone for 3secs, I use the same ability afterwards and it lasts only 1sec? If yes, It'd be great if you could recommend a class that doesn't share diminishing returns with a ranger.

Quote Originally Posted by gamon12 View Post
    PS. Is there something like diminishing returns in GW2? e.g. if we were to play 2 rangers, she stuns someone for 3secs, I use the same ability afterwards and it lasts only 1sec? If yes, It'd be great if you could recommend a class that doesn't share diminishing returns with a ranger.
    I don't know about the rest of your post but there are no diminishing returns in GW2. Your stun would also last 3 seconds but be aware people have stun breakers that would get them out if they have them specced and I would assume most serious PvPers do.

In PvP the current meta for rangers actually revolves around being solo. The idea atm is to defend points. A dps ele works quite well with rangers. Another great option is thief since they can zerg stuff down really fast.

For ultimate "defense" a guardian is a good partner however. You usually have a guardian sit on the point that attracts a lot of action. This results in team fights and is a spot where rangers don't really shine.

Necromancer:

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's a good tool that shows the cross profession combos:

http://mastodonte.fr/outils/tool-combo#en
    Valar morghulis

Deleted
    dont roll necro - they are op atm and will be nerfed very soon

10+ Year Old Account
    An interrupt Mesmer can lock just about anything, same with a hammer warrior. That being said me and my friend recently discovered that Spirit Ranger + Minion Master = OP, so if your GF wants to run around with an army of spirit trees, and you like playing the leader of an undead horde, then you may look into that.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.