Help my team's MistWeaver!

My 10M (normal; we're working on Megaera currently) has a MistWeaver monk that we think is in (perhaps dire) need of assistance. Now I'm not really up to speed on healing at all, least of all MistWeaver, but looking at our logs from last night's kills (had an early night) she is doing less than half the HPS of our Druid and Priest healers. I know that HPS isn't a useful tool to gauge performance, but it's evident to us that something is lacking I'm just not sure what.

She's also stated previously that she has mana issues and usually hovers about half mana, so it might just be not prioritizing her spells (which, as someone who has never tried healing at all, seems like it would be a key point of the role). She's about 20 iLevels lower gear-wise compared to our druid and our priest, so that might factor in as well.

Here is the logs from last night's Horridon and Council kills; I was dumb and forgot to log Jin'rokh (Monk is Sheegwa): http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ogg0cmibyw5sjqec/

Any help for her would be appreciated so we can improve her healing overall and by extension our team's progress. Thanks!

Deleted
    I'd use Chi Torpedo for those fights, especially Megaera. Also I see she's not using Uplift as much as she should. It should be at least her 2nd heal on 10 man. Guessing she doesn't use Renewing Mists every 8 sec. Not sure why she has mana issues, because 13k spirit in my opinion is way too much even without legendary meta gem. Before I got mine and with lower gear I had no mana problems with not more than 10k spirit. She should use Mana Tea more often also I think Chi Brew provides this way better mana regen than Ancession. If she can't get 6141 haste breakpoint, I'd stay at 3145 and not 4,8k and get as much crit as possible. If she can't reforge more haste, get rid of spirit/haste gems at least.

I'm not good at giving advices, so I tried my best

the most important thing to do as a MW is to learn to use Renewing Mists as much as possible.
    that means on cooldown, theres hardly ever a reason not to do so. This ensure you have it ticking on ~6 people constantly, which does a lot of healing (about 30% of your healing done usually), generates Chi, and ensures you to have a good amount of targets to use Uplift.
    so to a beginner, I would say to try and do this:

1. Use ReM on cooldown. First application on MT, second on OT, repeat that forever.
    2. Use Expel Harm on Cooldown to generate Chi. Ignore the heal part. Its the cheapest spell that generates Chi.
    3. Use Chi on Uplift whenever possible. Ie if 3+ targets with ReM on them need healing, use Uplift.
    Only use Enveloping Mists when necessary (tankdmg heavy fights) its a great spell, but due to its HoT nature, it'll overheal a lot, even on tanks.
    4. Use Soothing as a filler spell. Use it on tanks to generate Chi. The healing is secondary (and should not be such a large chunk of your healing done as in your Council WOL-log)
    5. Use Chi-Wave. Only Use Chi-Burst when you know the fight needs it and you will have the positioning (e.g. Megaera during Rampage) Otherwise use Chi-Wave, and use it on Cooldown on the tanks. (it travels to slowly thus can not be considered an instant heal)
    6. Use Surging Mist only if the targeted player would otherwise die.
    7. Use Manatea. You should never be oom and still have spare stacks. Use them during low-dmg phases. (or on CD with glyph, when you can spare the GCD)
    8. Get to know the encounters. If you know that AoE damage is incomming, use Thunder Focus Tea + Uplift to refresh all ReMs. This will allow you to have ReMs up on the whole raid, boosting your Uplift healing a lot.
    9. Use your OH-SHIT buttons. Life Cocoon to save a tank or other player doing shit, and Uplift when the raid is dropping under 50% (or when the raidleader assignes you to use it)
    10. Use Chi Brew. Always. Get used to having it on the bar and at your proposal. Use it during intense AoE phases to get an additional 2 Uplifts. (best used after the whole raid has ReMs on them due to TFT, allowing for a huge burst)
    11. Learn to use the rest of your toolkit. Fistweaving (Jab, Tigerpalm, Blackout-Kick), Healing Spheres, Chi Torpedo/Xuen, Dispels etc
    12. Gear correctly. If you have low gear, go:
    haste to breakpoint (3145 or 6141 in Tigerstance) > spirit > crit > mastery > haste.
    Avoid gear with Mastery if possible.

good luck or should I say: happy training to play MW :-)
    Last edited by TheTrueM4gg0t; 2013-07-03 at 12:43 PM.

It looks like your monk is not using uplift enough. As stated in previous replies she needs to be using RM on cd. Especially in a 10 man she should have 60-70% coverage of RM at all times. If she does that her HPS will go through the roof. Also having her take chi torpedo will help alot as well. I would recommend possibly taking chi burst on a fight light Meg. Looking at her armory page she should drop some of her spirit and regem to crit and int. Anyways good luck and happy healing

I know she uses Ask Mr Robot for her gemming and reforging. Looking at her profile there, it reccomends she keep most of her spirit and go for haste/spirit in some cases. I'm not sure how good AMR is for Monks though and I know its dubious for other classes. When I talk to her I plan to point her at this thread for the advice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    I know she uses Ask Mr Robot for her gemming and reforging. Looking at her profile there, it reccomends she keep most of her spirit and go for haste/spirit in some cases. I'm not sure how good AMR is for Monks though and I know its dubious for other classes. When I talk to her I plan to point her at this thread for the advice.
    AMR is useless, unless she enters her own stat weights.

Quote Originally Posted by Boem View Post
    AMR is useless, unless she enters her own stat weights.
    One of those classes then :-). Gotcha.

15+ Year Old Account
    The druid/priest seem to have about 20 item levels of gear on her (I can't tell on the druid, because he is in Boomkin gear at the moment, but he does have a legendary meta), and the two fights you listed tend to have really low incoming damage. It would be better if you can get a log of Tortos or Megaera.

Some easy fixes though:
    1. Get professions maxed ASAP. She's missing out on 640 int, which is huge.
    2. Her haste seems off... she should be reforging for a breakpoint: 3145 or 6141 (her ilvl is too low for 9158), then putting the leftover into crit. Make sure to do the reforging in Tiger Stance (or use an external tool that queries the armory), or the numbers will be off. Ask Mr Robot defaults to the 3145 haste breakpoint, so be sure to check what it has... She could reach the 6141 breakpoint, but that leaves her really low on crit (but she is way too high on spirit--she can turn a lot of that spirit into crit).
    3. For mana, she is absolutely not gaining an using enough mana tea if she is going OOM (which seems ridiculous with 13k spirit--I'm not sure what she's spending mana on). She should make sure she is spending her Chi and not capping. She should be using soothing mist to generate cheap chi when there is nothing else to do.
    4. Her Renewing Mist uptime on council was like 60% which is terrible... she should use that on cooldown (preferably on a target who doesn't already have it each time) both to keep the buff on the maximum number of targets for uplift and to generate chi.
    5. She should use Expel Harm on cooldown if not chi-capped to generate chi.