Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Yes, he most likely would have been ISP tracked and then banned.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    If my RL friend for over 20 years had not let me play on his account when he was Overseas. I know for a fact that I wouldn't have ever started playing this game. that whole thing is kinda a joke IMO, who cares as long as they get their 12-15 bucks a month who is playing/ paying for the account.
    Not to take sides, but if Blizzard has to spend customer support time for all the accounts that get compromised, then it's costing them money for someone else to be reckless\careless and rightfully they should care. The more machines an account bounces around on, the greater the chance it will get compromised, It also makes it harder to detect if said account is being compromise because the IP addresses could be changing weekly.

You say your friend gave you his account, of course we have no way of knowing that you didn't pay him $1000 bucks for it. I don't think Blizzard is alone in not wanting people to sell their accounts to other people. Is it simple because they are "mad" because they are not getting a cut. Doesn't make sense because their cut is the $15 a month sub fee. No it goes back to , someone says their account was hacked and the other side saying "No, he gave me his account"

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    FYI to the people who are stating that the OP would have been banned if he hadn't lied ... You don't get banned for that, you get warned. The only thing that would have really happened is that the OP likely wouldn't have gotten his stuff back.

Why would you trust some random stranger with your account?
    Just let it expire and go about your business.

I'd at most trust only really good friends with stuff like that, and by good friends I don't mean people I think are my friends but people I know are my friends and that I've put my trust in before in my life, silly and important stuff alike, and they haven't betrayed that trust.

Oh well, don't do it again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    No, YOU lied.. Because Blizzard ALWAYS ask you, if you have given you password to others, when you report hacking/missing gear..

If you answered no, you lied, but got gear back.
    If you answered yes, you would have been banned and not gotten anything.

Your post clearly stateswhat you answeed.. Either way, I hope you will get banned yourself, when Blizzard looks through your case..
    Not sure if serious...

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by achromatickang View Post
    I actually hope I did get him banned because it makes me really mad that he like completely lied to me, and convinced me that he just wanted to mess around in Arenas with a fully geared Rogue, then apparently immediately changed my password and sold all of my stuff, and jacked everything. I'm just curious if he got in trouble for that or anything? Or if Blizzard let him keep the profit and just restored my stuff?

I hope you get banned for sharing your account.

Deleted
    So many people getting aggy over the fact he shared his account, wow.

Have you never let a friend play on your account? Even if they were at your house? If so, omg u shud be band 2!1!1!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felir View Post
    So many people getting aggy over the fact he shared his account, wow.

Have you never let a friend play on your account? Even if they were at your house? If so, omg u shud be band 2!1!1!

No I haven't.

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    No I haven't.
    Do you have friends though?
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Same thing happened to me years ago OP back in BC when Tempest Keep was current content. I let a guilide and friend use my account since i was bored of wow. Password was changed, gold taken, my mage stripped of all his gear and bank items. All when i decided to come back. I sent a report to blizz who at the time, restored all my items but not my gold.

Me and this person used to play on each others accounts together, id be on his hunter he would play my mage, and we would have fun, he was my friend.

I ended up remembering his loggin info, stripped his character of everything, gave his gold to my cousin who played, and deleted all his characters.

I ended up getting a phone call from him when he found out crying, saying how sorry he was.

Lifes a bitch eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Amnasty View Post
    Same thing happened to me years ago OP back in BC when Tempest Keep was current content. I let a guilide and friend use my account since i was bored of wow. Password was changed, gold taken, my mage stripped of all his gear and bank items. All when i decided to come back. I sent a report to blizz who at the time, restored all my items but not my gold.

Me and this person used to play on each others accounts together, id be on his hunter he would play my mage, and we would have fun, he was my friend.

I ended up remembering his loggin info, stripped his character of everything, gave his gold to my cousin who played, and deleted all his characters.

I ended up getting a phone call from him when he found out crying, saying how sorry he was.

Lifes a bitch eh?
    He was really dumb enough to not change his password at all during that time?

Quote Originally Posted by Nillah View Post
    He was really dumb enough to not change his password at all during that time?
    I guess he never thought i was coming back.

He probably got in some trouble, assuming he's still playing/cares about it. Either that, or he picked up a keylogger or something, and someone else got your account info from that when he logged in to your account. Keep in mind, he may not have intentionally done anything. Hard to say what really happened.

Although...I guess the lesson learned here is that you shouldn't give your account info away like that unless you're _really_ sure you don't care about the game anymore. It sounds like maybe you didn't care at the time, but obviously you changed your mind since this is now an issue. But if you told your friend that you didn't care anymore, he might've just figured all your gold and stuff was his for the taking, since you weren't going to need it now.

Hell, if one of my friends with like 100k gold said "I don't care about the game anymore and won't be coming back, so here, you can have my account for the last two weeks it's active" I would've done the same thing and made myself 100k gold richer. You shouldn't have told the guy you didn't care anymore unless you really meant it.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2013-07-03 at 03:16 PM.

Well to be fair, you told them you weren't playing anymore so they thought your stuff was fair game. I don't think Blizz would have banned them for that, they probably decided they didn't have proof one way or another so let it be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    When a homeless person is rambling in the streets, it's better to ignore them than argue with them. On the internets it's clearly better to spend an entire week proving them wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    I wanted to reply with this but I didn't wanna get infracted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    I do. None of them are pc gamers though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just to make you paranoid. Blizz does read AND post here. Saw one just yesterday.

You don't even know for sure that it was him who did this to you. It could also be that either your or his computer were compromised and a third person ("hacker") got access to your account through a keylogger.

10+ Year Old Account
    What an ingenious way to get ninjas banned! Or is it classed as entrapment?

Quote Originally Posted by FuriousG View Post
    LOL I think 2-3 people actually read the dam original post...sheesh. He's not asking to get anyone banned, the timeframe in question was LONG LONG ago...he was simply asking if anyone thinks his "friend" got banned for his actions.
    Scroll just a two posts down:
    Quote Originally Posted by achromatickang View Post
    I actually hope I did get him banned because it makes me really mad
    Problems?