Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    50/50 bars would like to talk to you.
    I don't know what that is, but if it involves some fusion of milk and orange juice then I'll just file under the same section as I file anything with mayonnaise: Something That Other People Tend To Like But Makes Me Want To Violently Vomit Blood.

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    I don't know what that is, but if it involves some fusion of milk and orange juice then I'll just file under the same section as I file anything with mayonnaise: Something That Other People Tend To Like But Makes Me Want To Violently Vomit Blood.
    Creamsicle

U know what would be cool.. if the protoss and zerg invaded azeroth and enslaved the horde and alliance, and the terran come in and try to save both the horde and alliance.

and you could pick sides.. protoss n zerg or alliance/terran n horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    An idea on my mind is a 3 boss raid featuring SC2 cameos. Essentially, a zerg-infested human battleship crashes into a floating rock somewhere in the Outlands. Theres a few squads of Murloc Marines attempting to contain the zerg, but they need help. Thus, they hire a band of heroes to go in and clean up the place.

The first boss is a Nydus Worm Syntax, essentially an add fight. You have Nydus Worms busting out all the time, spewing out adds and creep. Creep increases the movement speed of zerg on it by 50% and makes them immune to all forms of CC. To complete the fight, you have to kill the Nydus Worm Syntax. The Nydus worms that spawn have to be downed before they can summon Ultralisks, which will result in a wipe if added on top of all else. When each Nydus worm spawns, it'll summon a group of Zerglings that need to be picked up, and preferably stunned (Zergling will deal more damage when they are close to other zerglings). After about 45 seconds, Roaches will spawn, which will focus a person and spew acid at them- a AoE cone dealing hefty damage, so spreading is needed. After 110 seconds, Hydralisks spawn, greatly adding to raid damage going out. Finally, at 200 seconds after a Nydus worm spawns, the Ultralisk appears- they take 80% reduced damage from all sources and do a cleave that increases physical damage taken.

At the Nydus Worm Syntax, theres a Thor and 2 SCVs. The Thor is controlling adds coming out of the Syntax itself. At 20% and 10% on the Syntax, an Ultralisk will spawn, making the last 20% a burn phase on the Syntax before you are overwhelmed by adds. On Heroic difficulty, the added mechanic is that every 3 minutes, the Thor will overheat, and you'll need to deal with a extra wave of adds before downing it. In addition, Zerglings morph into Banelings at 50% health, and thus need to be burned ASAP.

Second boss is essentially a Hatchery with a few nearby Spires. Another add fight, except that instead of Ultralisks and such, you fight the flying creatures of the Swarm and some of the more unique ground creatures. Mutalisk spawn which rain AoE damage on the raid, and need range to DPS them down. Infestors spawn that will MC a person (damage is needed to break them out), and after MCing a person, will spawn infested Tauren terrans until they have been killed. Swarm Hosts will also spawn, spawning Swarm Locust for DPS to quickly burn down. Finally, every 3 minutes, a Corrupter will spawn and begin morphing into a Broodlord, and then attempt to escape. Should the Broodlord suceed in escaping, the nearby Murloc engineers will trigger Fiery Quarentee, causing an instant wipe in an attempt to prevent the Broodlord from infecting the entirety of Azeroth. Unlike the previous fight, this is an endurance fight- it ends after the 3rd Broodlord is downed and the nearby Murloc engineers can setup a Quarantine zone. On heroic mode, you get Overlords and Vipers- Vipers will cause an AoE LoS effect on players, and Overlords will channel a stun onto players. In addition, Infestors will AoE root targets, and apply a nasty DoT.

The final encounter is the Broodmother infesting the ship. She has 2 phases- a phase where she is down on the ground fighting the raid, and a phase where she retreats up to the nearby Lair and spawns more adds. During the ground phase, there will be a steady trickle of adds coming in- Zerglings, Roaches, and Infestors, with all of thier abilities from the first 2 boss fights. In addition, the boss will begin to cast Biomorphic Renewal, which will need to be interupted or she will heal for a fairly large amount.
    During the phase where she retreats, she will spawn additional adds- Hydralisks and Swarm Hosts take the field, and additional Zerglings, and Roaches will spawn. After about 2 minutes, this phase will end, and she will spawn 1 Ultralisk, which will need to be tanked for the remainder of the fight (The boss itself will deal low damage). The fight ends after downing the Broodmother.
    On heroic mode, mobs have the heroic abilities from the first 2 boss fights, but in addition, she continues to fight during phase 2, allowing for players to approach a "burn her" strat. She will not cast her healing ability during phase 2.

- - - Updated - - -

A few additions for LFR- on the first boss, the Thor will slowly whittle down the Nydus Worm Syntax, thus turning what could be a long ass fight into a short, ~9 minute fight. On the second, the Murloc engineers will quickly set up some Anti-Air turrets, which will cause the Broodlord to be of no consequence. Last fight, Murloc Marines will join the fight and DPS down adds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

I don't see why not. There are an endless number of worlds out there in the Twisting Nether (or is it the great beyond?). Considering the Burning Legion's been out and about decimating worlds for titan-knows-how-long, it's fair to say they've been kept busy with a considerable number. It works in lore for me.

Gameplay-wise though, just no.

If StarCraft and WarCraft are the same universes ... why aren't the zerg and burning legion battling?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalian View Post
    If StarCraft and WarCraft are the same universes ... why aren't the zerg and burning legion battling?
    The universe is a big place.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    The universe is a big place.
    Not when the demons have portals!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    This has been said before, it basically comes down to imagination and if Blizzard would do it.

Zerg Overlord looks similar to an old god, zerg can be considered different evolution of Quiraji, rest insectoid races while linking Protoss tech with Titans etc etc.

They can do whatever they want, but they shouldnt.
    Except zerg isn't similar to old gods or Qiraji, they were basically a insignificant race of insects that were evolved by the Xel'Naga.

Quote Originally Posted by achromatickang View Post
    Can you give an example of the Lore problems? I don't doubt you, I'm just curious. Didn't they mention "Earth" in Starcraft 1? I could see that being problematic.
    For starters, there is no magic in the Starcraft universe.

It would be really stupid but at this point they've pretty much bastardized and cheapened the lore of all of their franchises anyway, so go for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Artanis knows what Warcraft and orcs are.

Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-07-04 at 04:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    Well, you can have orange and chocolate. Dunno what the difference is. Their both dairy and citrus.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Artanis knows what Warcraft and orcs are.

Those quotes doesn't really mean anything, just listen to some of the stalker quotes from SC2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrnlLIfUr9w

Sure. It's possible someday in the distant future.

No, nor should it. Two separate universes, two separate themes, two separate rules.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Well, you can have orange and chocolate. Dunno what the difference is. Their both dairy and citrus.
    That's disgusting too.