View Poll Results: What will the new level 75 talent be?

Voters
140. This poll is closed
  • An old Restoration Talent from the previous Expansion

28 20.00%
  • An entirely new ability.

74 52.86%
  • A combination of new and old.

38 27.14%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangar View Post
    I am really hoping for a passive or altered spell here. We are already clogged as far as spells go (only class I play that has no room on bars for anything new), and another cooldown would just be clunky compared to how streamlined AG is. What I'd really like to see is something that makes our personal shields more interactive like:

Earth Shield: Whenever your Earth Shield is triggered it heals 3 nearby players for X% of the healing done.
    Water Shield: Whenever your Water Shield is triggered 3 nearby players receive X% of the mana gained.
    Lightning Shield: Whenever your Lightning Shield is triggered or you deal damage with Lightning Bolt you heal a nearby party member for X% of the damage dealt (Spec dependent healing conversion).

This would let Resto have some variability in what shield they decide to use and would provide a decent alternative to AG for Ele and Enh.
    I like this suggestion. How it would compare to the other 2 talents I don't know, but the idea is interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Manhands View Post
    It has to be useful to all specs. So it's either a new cooldown or it plays with healing abilities that exist in all specs: HS, HST, HR. I agree with most of the sentiments here that yet ANOTHER cooldown seems excessive. My money is on a passive ability affecting HS, HST, and/or HR.

Let's craft something passive that is on-par with Ancestral Guidance.

Quick napkin math for resto: If a shaman does H hps, then the average benefit from AG is 110H + 10 * (H + 3 * 0.6H) / 120H = 138H / 120H = 1.15 = 15% healing gain. That assumes no overhealing, though, which is a huge assumption. I'd say the real gain is something more like 8-10% at best, depending on the fight.

• This is roughly equal to an extra tick of HST, though I wonder about the technical difficulties of this interacting with 2 pc T15.
    • I think X% of HST is also added as an absorb is another good candidate, though this may mean people keep 2 pc T15 throughout 5.4, which is not ideal. Maybe they could have the absorb only proc from ONE of the ticks?
    • HST ticks having splash healing (heals three targets within 10 yds for X%) also makes 2 pc T15 too good. See above solution.
    • HS also places an absorb for 75% of the amount healed, cannot be used on self, 5 second ICD. This is my favorite.
    • LB reduces the cast time and mana cost of HR by 33%, stacking three times. This is useful for all specs, but especially good for resto in conjunction with the TC glyph. Sucks in pvp, though.
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=216425/5...dated-july-8th

M'ok. Looks like they went with 100% boost to HST and an extra tick. Like I mentioned, I bet this will cause 2pcT15 to be too powerful next tier.

Well called. Also, Call of the Elements = an extra HST every few mins. Going to be pretty much mandatory to pair these I'd think.

Edit: With Glyph of Healing Stream Totem, 10 reduced magic damage to even more people. That's worth quite a bit of extra healing too I'd think.
    Last edited by Sparkidy; 2013-07-09 at 03:59 AM.

Yeah, the HST glyph will be definitely benefit from the new talent, the same way it does now from 2-pc T15 bonus. Majority of fights there is a healthy amount of Nature/Fire/Frost damage to diminish.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Talv View Post
    I dont see them adding a new spell tbh. It will probably just boost something we already have, maybe make hst last longer or something.
    Wasnt THAT far off :P

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkidy View Post
    While I'm sure the new talent will be something passive
    Me either :P

Summon Water Elemental.

Because it makes more sense than mages having one.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelkath View Post
    Summon Water Elemental.

Because it makes more sense than mages having one.
    If blizz were to make shamans a healing water elemental, then It would be bond to water totems just like our other two elementals. Now just imagine the QQ about the water elemental taking up your water element for the entire duration. No HTT or SLT if it were needed.

Transforming into a water ascendant is a solid consolation for not having an actual water elemental, imo.