Newbie Looking for help with my first gaming build

Hi Guys, I was looking for a little bit with my first gaming build. I've been a long time lurker in these forums, but have unfortunately never really posted anything. This will be the first computer I actually get to assemble myself, so this is pretty exciting for me.

Here's a little more information
    Budget: 1200-1300
    Resolution: 1920 x 1080
    Uses: I'll be using this primarily as a gaming machine (WoW of course, Bioshock Infinite(haven't purchased it yet, don't think my current pc could handle it too well), Battlefield 4 when it comes out. It'll also serve as workstation for college work, but I won't really be doing anything intensive in that regard.
    USA, Philadelphia
    [U]Optical Drive, Blu-Ray Drive/U]
    Do not need extra peripherals

Since this is somewhat new territory to me, i'm not sure if some of the parts I picked out will be a bit excessive for what I'm trying to do. I tried not to cut corners anywhere, especially on the power supply because I was told that's one component definitely not to skimp on. The main dilemma i'm going through is picking a video card, a friend on another forum is really pushing me to go for one of the new Superclocked EVGA GTX 770's (w/o ACX cooling). If anyone could give me a little feedback on whether or not i'm going in the right direction or should look at a few different components, I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks so much for reading!

Here's my pcpartpicker list.
    http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1cHab
    Last edited by Rhythms11; 2013-07-04 at 01:08 AM.

Sort of a novice at this stuff at well, but I would say that looks really good. I would suggest getting a different PSU, though, that one seems a bit expensive. You can get a corsair 650 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817139005 for 80 dollars, free shipping, and 20 dollars rebate...and I think Corsair is a much better brand.

If you're going for the 770, I would personally recommend you spend the extra 40-50 dollars and get the 4gb one. It won't make much of a difference at 1920 X 1080 but at the same time it'll add some future-proofing to your system. 2550 X 1440 monitors are expensive as shit right now but in a couple years I would expect them to be the new norm and then your card won't be able to run that resolution very well if you decide to get a new monitor, as the 2gb 770 has a hard time running ultra on that res. I don't know, I got almost six years out of my last system and I would like to get at least four out of this one and that is something I wish I had done but...oh well. If you don't care about future-proofing you could also knock the PSU down to 550 as well.

Also, I don't see the Blu-Ray drive in that parts picker list, unless it's something you already have or I just missed it.
    Last edited by PBitt; 2013-07-04 at 03:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    You can get a corsair 650 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817139005 for 80 dollars, free shipping, and 20 dollars rebate...and I think Corsair is a much better brand.
    Seasonic has higher quality internals than a Corsair TX but $60 for a PSU is pretty good, even if the unit is non-modular.

For a nicer looking PSU without sacrificing internal build quality, the Seasonic G 550W Semi-Modular $80 is an excellent choice.

Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    If you're going for the 770, I would personally recommend you spend the extra 40-50 dollars and get the 4gb one. It won't make much of a difference at 1920 X 1080 but at the same time it'll add some future-proofing to your system. 2550 X 1440 monitors are expensive as shit right now but in a couple years I would expect them to be the new norm and then your card won't be able to run that resolution very well if you decide to get a new monitor, as the 2gb 770 has a hard time running ultra on that res.
    Not worth the cost.

Thanks so much for the feeback! So a 650w PSU might be a overkill if I'm only going to be running one GPU? Those two recommended both look very solid.