Facebook login problems?

Anyone else experiencing this? It's going on four hours being unable to log in to facebook. When I try, I get

"Facebook is down for required maintenance right now, but you should be able to get back on within a few minutes. In the meantime, read more about why you're seeing this message. Thanks for your patience as we improve the site."

But I created a new one from a different email and have no problems getting in and out of that one.

Curious if this just an issue with my account, or a widespread problem -actually- caused by maintenance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's fine for me. I kinda wondered if it was something like this and found this suggested in the help section...
    https://www.facebook.com/help/134401...-try-to-log-in.
    If you're seeing this message when you log in, it usually means that we're making an improvement to the database that your account is stored on.
    Don't know if that's the same error or related, but sounds possible to me. Maybe the database your account is on is having an issue or a long winded upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by OzoAndIndi View Post
    Don't know if that's the same error or related, but sounds possible to me. Maybe the database your account is on is having an issue or a long winded upgrade.
    It's a very long maintenance. In all my years of using it, I've never had to deal with this. =(

It makes me incredible uncomfortable how upset I am about this. I'm seriously having an existential crisis about myself right now.
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

One of my friends had this problem. I didn't have any issues, though I haven't logged out on my phone or my PC today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakura Chambers View Post
    Rejoining Britain would be a liberal's wet dream. They could get rid of the Bill of Rights, have nationalist healthcare, have open borders, guns would be banned, they'd have a weak foreign policy, etc.
    Gotta love MMOChampion's insightful and profound remarks on politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    It's a very long maintenance. In all my years of using it, I've never had to deal with this. =(

It makes me incredible uncomfortable how upset I am about this. I'm seriously having an existential crisis about myself right now.
    If it makes you feel better I'm a little judgmental that you'd come open a thread on MMO-Champion about facebook is up. Instead of texting a friend or...just not making a thread...

Although I've always looked strangely on those "are youtube lagging" thread and whatever kind of thread this is.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    If it makes you feel better I'm a little judgmental that you'd come open a thread on MMO-Champion about facebook is up. Instead of texting a friend or...just not making a thread...

Although I've always looked strangely on those "are youtube lagging" thread and whatever kind of thread this is.
    No one in my immediate circle of people that are reasonably enjoyable to communicate with are experiencing any of the same problems, not even family members in my house. Outside of facebook, this is the only place I ever go that I post anything on, so I figured I'd check to see if anyone else out there's experiencing any problems.

And I spent a solid 2 hours trying to find something to do with someone. It's apparently a difficult task to be social on a Wednesday night. =(