Poll: Would u quit wow if Ingame shop for real money is added

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I won't quit because of a little xp buff. I wouldn't even quit if you could buy the best gear there is. It's a game, I enjoy playing it to earn things myself. If someone else enjoys spending a lot of money for the best things in a game without any time put into it, I couldn't care less.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    It is World of Tanks, which i would say is not a MMO.
    Well that is strange. On this website Wikipedia it reads

World of Tanks is a multiplayer online game developed by Belarusian company Wargaming.net featuring mid-20th century era fighting vehicles. It is built upon a freemium business model where participants have the option of paying a small fee to advance at an accelerated rate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_of_Tanks

Now, it could be possible Wikipedia is wrong, of course, but... Wikipedia is right. WoT is a MMO.

What is not is a MMORPG. Unfortunately too many are unable to understand a MMORPG is a MMO, but a MMO is not necessarily a MMORPG. Just like the human race is a mammal, but a mammal isn't necessarily a human. Or a murloc is a humanoid, but a humanoid isn't necessarily a murloc. Or a black man is a human, but a human isn't necessarily black. And so on.

Deleted
    Would I quit? No, probably not.
    Would I consider quitting, and be very wary of Blizzard from there on? Yup.

WARNING: This post contains opinions, many brackets and red text that means its important
    What we know:
    They are currently looking into an in game system for some regions, adding a way to purchase items (generally if it was in-game currency they would say vendor but then again there is no confirmation of either side)
    It is just a test in PTR, they have added many things in PTR (Tri-spec for example) that do not make it into the game and are just there so blizz can test the waters
    There is already an in-game exp boost system that costs real money (technically due to abuse) in the way of RaF

What this means:
    This is a slippery slope that MMOs take, as long as there is nothing game breaking (eg. Gear, Rep Bonuses, Crafting Mats etc.) then it is fine (but frankly stingy on Blizzards end)

My Opinion:
    Vanity Items are okay, in a FtP game, but WoW is not FtP. I feel like any content created by the developers should be available in game, this is why we pay a subscription, to keep the people who are making the content able to make it (as well as server maintenance etc.)
    Currently Blizzard are selling pets and mount in the online store, i don't like this but i don't really care enough to kick up a fuss
    EXP boosts are one of the best things that they can sell with RL cash, there is no exclusive content we are missing out on if we don't pay, just people who are willing to pay a little extra can gain levels quicker (provided the exp boost stops 5 levels below cap at least untill a few months after the xpacs release)
    Faction/Race Changes are also good things to sell but are monstrously overpriced.
    Realm Changes are not justified unless you are moving to a high pop realm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    If it becomes F2P, aka pay to win
    F2P ≠ Pay to win

Many companies do get greedy though and i wouldn't put it past Blizzard

where's the "i dont really give a flying monkeys" option

tbh, i'd happily spend £10 to get my low level toons an XP, i've levelled every class to end level at some point in time, i currently have 5 level 90's, a bunch of 85-90's and 2 toons i'll never get past level 30 - purely because i really cba to play through the same grindy ass levelling bullshit all over again.

i've been playing wow for 6/7 years, as long as they aren't selling raid gear in the ingame shop, wtf is the problem?
    <insert witty signature here>

Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    where's the "i dont really give a flying monkeys" option

tbh, i'd happily spend £10 to get my low level toons an XP, i've levelled every class to end level at some point in time, i currently have 5 level 90's, a bunch of 85-90's and 2 toons i'll never get past level 30 - purely because i really cba to play through the same grindy ass levelling bullshit all over again.

i've been playing wow for 6/7 years, as long as they aren't selling raid gear in the ingame shop, wtf is the problem?
    I'm going to have to agree with the smoking monkey on all accounts.

Deleted
    I cant belived that after all the beging to increase/decrease the xp rate they put 1 on sale. What a disgrace.

If the cash shop sold only the exp buff, no. When the cash shop starts selling increased valor caps, extra lockouts and in-game gold then yes I will quit and never look back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    If the cash shop sold only the exp buff, no. When the cash shop starts selling increased valor caps, extra lockouts and in-game gold then yes I will quit and never look back.
    This is kinda my stance.

I don't really care about the xp buff thing or the store mounts / pets, but I hope they know where to stop.

Your poll is extremely biased and quite sad because of it. Who on earth even works for things in a game? IT'S A GAME!!! You should play it, not work for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Fortunately there isn't much indication of this happening, but if it does i will have to agree, they give an unfair advantage over everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Well that is strange. On this website Wikipedia it reads

World of Tanks is a multiplayer online game developed by Belarusian company Wargaming.net featuring mid-20th century era fighting vehicles. It is built upon a freemium business model where participants have the option of paying a small fee to advance at an accelerated rate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_of_Tanks

Now, it could be possible Wikipedia is wrong, of course, but... Wikipedia is right. WoT is a MMO.

What is not is a MMORPG. Unfortunately too many are unable to understand a MMORPG is a MMO, but a MMO is not necessarily a MMORPG. Just like the human race is a mammal, but a mammal isn't necessarily a human. Or a murloc is a humanoid, but a humanoid isn't necessarily a murloc. Or a black man is a human, but a human isn't necessarily black. And so on.
    Multiplayer online game. I see no massive. If WoT is a MMO, then so would every other multiplayer game. CoD is a MMO, LoL is a MMO, Dota is a MMO, heck even SC2 could be called a MMO when playing 4v4. These are MULTIPLAYER games. Not MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER games.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukor View Post
    so blizz puts items in store = omg pay to win I must quit
    guy/guild plays game sells full tier for 300 bucks = ill keep playing cause it doesn't affect me, even though the guy bought his gear with real currency.

do you even understand what im tryung to tell you. there is NO DIFFERENCE on who sells what. you chose to ignore the guilds selling pvp and pve gear, you can do the same thing uf blizzard sold it. if it's being sold for real currency it's pay to win.
    Lol, selling ingame items for real currency is illegal. Blizzard selling them means everyone can do it without any problems.

Just like I said when they started selling that pet or whatever it was that was tradable. People will buy them and sell them for massive amounts of gold in the AH which is basically the same as buying gold from Blizzard. 50 pages of QQ later and after releasing the pet it actually happened and some people made insane amounts of gold.
    (Incoming random person who claims this is not true because it didn't happen on his server...)

I really don't see any good coming from this. I mean any good gameplaywise. I wonder since when cheating became fun because this is about the same thing. You get something that gives you a huge (100% xp is not really huge in this game though) advantage which causes you to rush through the game and miss the fun journey etc. Apparently the majority likes playing like that. Well, have fun!

Deleted
    Why is 100% exp buff a big deal when there is a 300% exp buff already... I mean, stop whining about it already there is still RaF which works even better for those that want to spend money on leveling.
    The items that will most likely get into an ingame shop will be mounts/transmo/fun items. And nowadays lots of people buy gold from goldfarmers and buy stuff ingame as well. That's basically the same.
    I wouldn't spend money on it, but I don't care what others do on it. Do you really have to QUIT this game if some people (or even the majority of people, in your 'doom scenario') have a specific mount or pet.
    If you are a good player you can always find ways to get those items. Some people I know boosted 'buyers' in raids or arena and asked a €20,- blizz store mount for it in return. You might call it bad, but I don't see a point in whining NOW when this stuff already happened for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Who on earth even works for things in a game? IT'S A GAME!!! You should play it, not work for it.
    It's a figure of speech, anything you did can be said you worked for. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    The most disgusting thing to me is how a datamined ptr spell is judged. They openly admit? You don't even know it that feature is available right away, or only for alts at lv 85 when at least one character is 90.
    So because it is not in the game we can't discuss/judge it? I thought that Blizzard actually wanted us to do that. I thought the PTR was there to test things and discuss them.
    Last edited by Gilian; 2013-07-04 at 12:08 PM.

I don't care, if people want to spend money on a 100% xp buff, good for them. Goes for the rest as well, mounts, pets, I don't give a damn as long as you're not forced into pay2win.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Biased poll options.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    I don't care, if people want to spend money on a 100% xp buff, good for them. Goes for the rest as well, mounts, pets, I don't give a damn as long as you're not forced into pay2win.
    And with this comment... /thread

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess the XP buff is just a way to get RaF bonuses without making a second account or actually Recruiting a Friend. It's what people are doing anyway, so I'd figure this is just a means of formalising it and making it more open.