The story, you can't have a game without one. This isn't just some MMO, this is Warcraft. If not for this genre of gaming, the story would have been told the same it always has: Warcraft 4.

Not only is blizzard a company catering to their consumer base, they're also creating something that, by many, is considered a form of art. They WANT people to see it no matter what. You don't go around putting in all the time and effort to come up with art, write a script, hire voice actors, create scenes, and do everything required to tell a story...and then balance it so that a small percent of the population sees it. Yes you COULD do that, but they stated years ago they want more people to see what they've created.

This isn't about you, it's not about the so called elite raiders, this isn't garbage everquestololol, it's not about casuals, nor any one group. There are difficulties that exist for every group with appropriate rewards, but the story of Warcraft is exclusive to no one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthMonk79 View Post
    Here's the thing... as a LFR I don't get the best gear in game. That is still saved for Norm/Heroic level raiders. I don't get titles or chances at mounts. I get epic gear that is still and always will be below the level of gear you get. I still get to see something similar to the content you do, though on not as grand/tough level as you. So it is nothing like playing another game and getting the best gear with no effort. I get decent gear with still some effort as I still have to put time into it.
    Except the gear that drops is terrible and wont get you into a raiding guild if you are looking to step up to that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    10-12 million others agreed at one point.
    Considering 8+ million still play, it's a safe assumption that the majority still think so.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    There are no smaller ones.

Don't you understand the point of the OP's QQ?

He's complaining that people in WoW are complaining that they don't have smaller weights.
    There will always be smaller ones. If not gain some strenght elsewhere and come back.

Neither are the 50 lbs weights. You just can't lift them because you aren't dedicated enough. You didn't do enough work before you got to the gym to be able to life the 50 lbs weights, so all that's left is the equipment in the little room. No one guards the equipment, it's just made heavy enough that only the truly dedicated body builders are able to do reps them.

You ask for smaller weights, but the hardcores sneer at you. The smaller weights would ruin the sanctity of their gym. By all means you should continue paying your membership, but you should understand that as a terribad, you only deserve to use the treadmill and bikes.

If they gave you 10 lbs weights, you would be happy with them and never try to improve. You would think you are just as good as them, and they can't have that. They know that what will keep you motivated to continue paying your membership is to see them lift the big weights hoping one day you would be able to do that.
    The mentality still works today but there are far fewer players motivated enough. I've been gasped at people whisper me how they wish they had my character. I was in awe when I started TBC. Maybe I have motivated atleast one player to want to me the obscenely skilled ret who did 25% of the LFR damage on his own while tanking the boss that the tank was incapable of keeping threat on.

To some I sound like a dick. To aspiring rets I'm their fucking hero.

When i do tank 5 mans as ret in Wrath / Currently people are so eager to keep queing with me. I don't mind. Sometimes I chain complete randoms dropping the group after each run just to blow as many players minds as possible.

People reading this can roll your eyes all you want. But the results many of the players show is jaw dropping awe.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-07-05 at 12:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    I have no illusions about high-end players. I've met enough of them to know people like you are the norm, and people like Brandon are just a very loud minority, one I'm happy has been marginalized and ignored.
    Actually, they're not. Most keep themselves to themselves and don't need all the mounts, titles and achievements on offer; they get the gear as it's a tool that makes their whole teams' life easier, not to have people look at them and worship their awesomeness. They raid to raid, it is its own reward.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    To some I sound like a dick.
    To me you sound somewhat contrary. A bit of a raiding PR disaster.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2013-07-05 at 12:42 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not bad if you use your que time to do other activities then just staring at the screen and que timer. What would you do AFTER the dungeons? Why can't you just do it NOW?
    Here's another thing people used to playing the game "the right way" don't understand.

Not everyone likes mode-switching. Not everyone is ADD. Not everyone wants to optimize game play.

Quote Originally Posted by DiegoBrando View Post
    Games used to be about overcoming a challenge.
    Wrong. Games have always been about providing entertainment. Some people find entertainment in challenges. Some do not. Among those who like challenges, some like extremely tough, smash your head through a brick wall challenge, others like opening a tight jar lid challenge.

If a game that has had 10 million players was designed to only cater to one type of person, how long exactly do you think it would last? We've seen the population in both Cata and Mop shrink considerably during the games exclusionary patches, which follows logic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    No, games are about entertainment.

One way that a game can entertain some people is with a challenge to be overcome.

That is not necessarily what everyone wants out of a game. And while some people might like a fairly straightforward challenge (Scrabble), very few people, on the whole, enjoy very difficult challenges that have to be approached in a disciplined way. Not in games. Often, games are what people who work hard do when they don't want to work hard.

Blizzard is not in the business of telling people who want to play WoW to relax to go away. Nor is it in the business of making them feel like they aren't playing "the real game" either. Blizzard wants to include people into the entire game, not sort them into bins containing "elites" and "bads."

The relatively small number of players that continue to vocally protest "WoW for everyone" are fighting a losing battle, and when push comes to shove, those will be the folks left without a game.
    I guess you are right, since there are so many people playing farmville. But I just want to say that in my opinion this wont work for WoW. The subs are dropping and will continue to do so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Actually, they're not. Most keep themselves to themselves and don't need all the mounts, titles and achievements on offer; they get the gear as it's a tool that makes their whole teams' life easier, not to have people look at them and worship their awesomeness. They raid to raid, it is its own reward.
    Hence why I said most are like Anaxie: well-spoken, friendly, and have zero interest in restricting raiding, instead wanting more people to get into the aspect of the game they love. Also willing to share hints/tips and toss advice. The froth-mouthed jerks demanding LFR's removal are a stark minority, albeit a very noisy one.

Kind of like a chihuaha: noisy and annoying, but ultimately harmless in the grand scheme.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

To some I sound like a dick. To aspiring rets I'm their fucking hero.
    Sure, you are their hero until they give up and quit the game because they didn't realize the dedication required to play at your level and win the purples you have won. Then what?

I am truly, TRULY baffled as to why this thread exists.
    I have access to the exact same gear as you, my character is thoroughly pimped and performs amazingly well in logs and ranks; but that is completely irrelevant.

My issue is, if you have to ask questions like this, then you really aren't raiding for the right reasons at all. In fact, you're raiding for straight up the wrong reasons, and I urge every person annoyed by this thread to point out that if you're raiding to lord it over other people, then why fucking bother? You should be raiding to have fun at any difficulty, not to rub it in people's faces like some child that has nothing better to do.

I feel for the LFR players happily playing the game because some guy who jumped into serious raiding mid Cata (those shared achievements are fun yo, guess sunwell and LK hc 25 was just too hard) feels like he has to demean and insult them.

Take it from me, I have raided hardcore since SSC. If YOU want to play LFR and have fun, enjoy it. Don't feel chastised or insulted because people seem to think you're "entitled", enjoy the game, because you clearly are, and above all, ignore assholes like OP who are desperate to play the big boy, because usually, they just aren't that special themselves.

Don't flame, please
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-07-05 at 02:59 AM.

Deleted
    Wrong. Games have always been about providing entertainment. Some people find entertainment in challenges. Some do not. Among those who like challenges, some like extremely tough, smash your head through a brick wall challenge, others like opening a tight jar lid challenge.

If a game that has had 10 million players was designed to only cater to one type of person, how long exactly do you think it would last? We've seen the population in both Cata and Mop shrink considerably during the games exclusionary patches, which follows logic.
    For me entertainment is not sitting in the capital waiting for the next braindead minigame to pop up. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Anyway like I said above, the subs are dropping and will continue to do so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hence why I said most are like Anaxie: well-spoken, friendly, and have zero interest in restricting raiding, instead wanting more people to get into the aspect of the game they love. Also willing to share hints/tips and toss advice. The froth-mouthed jerks demanding LFR's removal are a stark minority, albeit a very noisy one.

Kind of like a chihuaha: noisy and annoying, but ultimately harmless in the grand scheme.
    I'm more of a cat person.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Except the gear that drops is terrible and wont get you into a raiding guild if you are looking to step up to that.
    Really 502 is terrible? The normal mode gear is only 522 item level. You can upgrade gear with VP faster then you can obtain it from TOT you essentially can get 510 gear to step into 522 content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    Take it from me, I have raided hardcore since SSC. If YOU want to play LFR and have fun, enjoy it. Don't feel chastised or insulted because people seem to think you're "entitled", enjoy the game, because you clearly are, and above all, ignore assholes like OP who are desperate to play the big boy, because usually, they just aren't that special themselves.
    I can say with 100% certainty the opinion of whiny beta-sociopath midcores who think only they know the one true way the game is meant to be played on how I spend my evenings ingame could not possibly matter less to me. People who raid to lord it over people are the sort of people who work a cash register at a hotel and think they're important because of the name on the building is a prestigious one, despite doing what amounts to a monkey's job.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

This thread has made it clear there are too many babies infesting the game for to ever be what it was again.

Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    I am truly, TRULY baffled as to why this thread exists.
    I have access to the exact same gear as you, my character is thoroughly pimped and performs amazingly well in logs and ranks; but that is completely irrelevant.

My issue is, if you have to ask questions like this, then you really aren't raiding for the right reasons at all. In fact, you're raiding for straight up the wrong reasons, and I urge every person annoyed by this thread to point out that if you're raiding to lord it over other people, then why fucking bother? You should be raiding to have fun at any difficulty, not to rub it in people's faces like some child that has nothing better to do.

I feel for the LFR players happily playing the game because some guy who jumped into serious raiding mid Cata (those shared achievements are fun yo, guess sunwell and LK hc 25 was just too hard) feels like he has to demean and insult them.

Well said. Of course, it will fall on deaf ears. Those people are determined to prove that LFR hurts their experience, and thus the game. Not sure why, since nothing makes them do LFR or anything, but whatever.

I can say with 100% certainty the opinion of whiny beta-sociopath midcores who think only they know the one true way the game is meant to be played on how I spend my evenings ingame could not possibly matter less to me. People who raid to lord it over people are the sort of people who work a cash register at a hotel and think they're important because of the name on the building is a prestigious one, despite doing what amounts to a monkey's job.
    And it's people like you that think the game catering to your impulsive playstyle doesn't hurt the rest of the game.

Sure, you are their hero until they give up and quit the game because they didn't realize the dedication required to play at your level and win the purples you have won. Then what?
    I put forth very little effort to get where I am. This expansion more then ever. I personally define myself as casual.