Page 91 of 132 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Oh dear it's slowing down. It was moving 2 pages between replying to posts earlier

Quote Originally Posted by Elian View Post
    notice how all the LFR defenders can hang around this forum all day long. what happened to Work? Church? school? a family trip? No Time, Am i right? i just came back from playing basketball outside, and most of you from 3 hours ago when i was here are still here
    In the face of great adversity I am there to defend those that cannot defend themselves. For The Horde.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Robert3620 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if both normal and heroic go away. Right now Blizzard is saying that the casual players are not being served well by this expansion and that they are the ones that have been quitting. LFR does serve them but no five mans and lack of other content directed at them does not serve them. Unless your going to expand the amount of resources directed towards making new content, something has to go.
    If they honestly got rid of normal/heroic and kept LFR the same "difficulty", raiding, as it's been known for years (even before WoW) would be considered dead in WoW. If anything they need to implement some of my examples in this thread to shift the "difficulty" (if you want to call it that) up a bit in LFR.

notice how all the LFR defenders can hang around this forum all day long. what happened to Work? Church? school? a family trip?
    No Time, Am i right? i just came back from playing basketball outside, and most of you from 3 hours ago when i was here are still here
    Could it be that today is a holiday?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Could it be that today is a holiday?
    Maybe hes not American.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    No you don't.

You play 4 hours a week and joe LFR most likely plays much more.

Joe LFR should be getting that legendary first if you don't want to put in the hours.
    So basically you feel that regardless of effort (simply being logged in for more hours that someone else does not mean you are giving more effort) everyone should have access to the same things?

I put in 150 hours a week, where's my gladiator title dammit?!?! I put in 150 hours a week, where's my cool mount?!?!?!?!??!!!1

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    If they honestly got rid of normal/heroic and kept LFR the same "difficulty", raiding, as it's been known for years (even before WoW) would be considered dead in WoW. If anything they need to implement some of my examples in this thread to shift the "difficulty" (if you want to call it that) up a bit in LFR.
    Why would they need to change anything with lfr? It's the one mode with a large amount of players that serve the players it's designed for very well. It would make less sense to change lfr then the other modes. LFR is not going away, it's not going to be changed. People need to accept that and move on. If you do not enjoy doing lfr then do not do it. Do not let what others do effect you.

10+ Year Old Account
    notice how all the LFR defenders can hang around this forum all day long. what happened to Work? Church? school? a family trip?
    No Time, Am i right? i just came back from playing basketball outside, and most of you from 3 hours ago when i was here are still here
    It is the 4th of july Holiday for most i myself am off work for the entire week.
    You try and you fail,but the only true failure is when you quit trying.

Why would they need to change anything with lfr? It's the one mode with a large amount of players that serve the players it's designed for very well. It would make less sense to change lfr then the other modes. LFR is not going away, it's not going to be changed. People need to accept that and move on. If you do not enjoy doing lfr then do not do it. Do not let what others do effect you.
    O look, this argument again.

but if it was a holiday, shouldn't you be out with your family? and not hang around Forums all day long?
    that what most of those people say "i have family, so i don't have the time to learn a basic concept"

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    O look, this argument again.
    Yes that argument again because its 100% true and 100% fact don't like it don't do it as a hardcore player you clam to be you have many choice's pick something else and be happy.

Some players only have time to do LFR some have a little bit more time to do LFR+something else and then there is those who have time to do everything and it seems you fall into the 3rd bracket with all your comments so just remove this 1 thing from your list of things to do.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do not let what others do effect you.
    what others can do/accomplish has a lot to do as to whether something is considered an achievement/reward/prestige
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest it does not matter what anyone has said in this thread because Blizzard has stated that LFR is not going away and that they plan on adding some stuff to Normal and Heroic modes that will not be in LFR and to tell the truth i am fine with that.Yes some people will cry about Normal/Heroic mode raiders getting stuff that they can't but you just have to overlook them.

But heroic raiders like the OP that started this thread are sad little people who make the Heroic Raid crowd look bad just like the bad people you see in LFR with no gems or enchants who are AFK or just not even trying give us LFR crowd a bad name.

So lets just play the game the way we want too but above all else just have fun.
    You try and you fail,but the only true failure is when you quit trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    what others can do/accomplish has a lot to do as to whether something is considered an achievement/reward/prestige
    You get your own rewards for what you have done with titles, mounts, and better gear. Also this is a game, prestige means very little. What your upset about is others being able to play the game at all and be able to experience it in even a lesser form.

Charles Lindberg crossed the Atlantic Ocean in a plane. It in no way takes away from his achievement in doing so that now people cross it every day in a Jet.

but if it was a holiday, shouldn't you be out with your family? and not hang around Forums all day long?
    that what most of those people say "i have family, so i don't have the time to learn a basic concept"
    I don't know where you live, but it's 12:30am on the east coast, and 9:30 on the west coast... I'd hope by now most people are done "celebrating"...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    During progress, I was playing roughly 14 hours in raids (benching and averages aside). This doesn't count time spent outside on alts, profs, reps and other crap.
    I wasn't responding to you. I was responding to the 540 ilevel ret who plays 4 hours a week.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post

You know why it's not though? blizzard needs us to go in and teach the little LFR players how to do the fights and to carry them. This is a blunt fact and even though it comes off extremely elitist it's intentional and deliberate design by the content developers.

As far as content and normal gear drops are concerned for LFR I could care less that you have access to it. But don't kid yourself that we aren't being encouraged. NOT FORCED but encouraged to go into LFR when it is miles below our standards of gameplay.
    Exactly, and anyone that did LFR near the end of a content patch when raiders all have their stuff saw how true this is. LFR without any raiders in it is an absolute nightmare.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also this is a game, prestige means very little. What your upset about is
    Oyh really!?!?! Wanna tell me what I should eat for lunch tmrrw too? Since You apprantly know more bout myself then myself.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

You get your own rewards for what you have done with titles, mounts, and better gear. Also this is a game, prestige means very little. What your upset about is others being able to play the game at all and be able to experience it in even a lesser form.

Charles Lindberg crossed the Atlantic Ocean in a plane. It in no way takes away from his achievement in doing so that now people cross it every day in a Jet.
    Horrible example.

What >I< think needs to be changed with LFR (I know it's not going away) is:

I'm probably going to be considered one of those elitist assholes, and while I'm not trying to say LFR needs to be removed or anything like that... my problem is that blizzard (had to?) caved to the playerbase that apparently feels the need to simply log on, collect loot since they pay the same as everyone else and log off. NO-ONE can actually think you should be able to have half/more than half of a raid afk/auto-shot (literally happens almost anytime you would ever go into LFR) and still be able to down something?

I mean, I'm totally fine (and understanding) of people who have real-life issues that can't do 3-5 nights during progression and then only 1-2 nights during farm but LFR in it's current form (I suppose, by design ultimately) is an abomination of raiding. If you want to come to an argument of "bads" (note: not always casuals) why exactly is it "frowned" upon by the community to expect people to "get better"? I understand they pay for the game and all, I really do. I understand it's a business, I really do. I understand a businesses main job is to earn a profit, I really do but I honestly place this blame on Blizzard. It would be easy as hell for them to implement (maybe every 10 levels or so) a phased quest/raid that literally shows someone how to raid/play. Something (as stupid as it sounds) like a mock boss fight that has mechanics (particularly ground effects) to where you're shown you may have to actually move every so often. Something where after 1-3 seconds of standing in something that is almost always blatantly obvious under you, it would "pause" the encounter and say "Now, young soldier, if you stood in this, you will die". Like I said, it sounds extremely dumb but apparently it's needed.

Now, my ultimate (and you can't really say someone who is guilty of this shouldn't receive loot since they pay as in, "pay our monthly sub, receive phat loot as long as you can type /lfr") solution to "making" (I want to use this word loosely) people get better is by requiring something like what other games do, if you do 30k SUSTAINED DPS (been awhile since I played, don't know current numbers) you get very little loot (gold/flask/pot maybe) and then scaling up from there. So if you do at least 60k SUSTAINED DPS (of course adjustable per boss since fights are different of course) you'd be eligible for epics.

Any of the numbers above are 100% made-up since I don't know current numbers, but ultimately you wouldn't be excluding anyone in receiving a reward and ultimately the carrot would still be there to reach a certain threshold.

As you can tell my ultimate problem (since I know there is a TON of people who use LFR for a legitimate reason) with LFR is that there is ZERO reason for NOT going afk and tabbing back over every ~5 minutes to move to the next boss. I have no problem with people using LFR, but to have a chance at the most "epic" loot (relative to the difficulty of course) by being able to right-click and walk away for the entire fight is just... stupid.
    Last edited by alturic; 2013-07-05 at 04:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    No you don't.

You play 4 hours a week and joe LFR most likely plays much more.

Joe LFR should be getting that legendary first if you don't want to put in the hours.
    The thing you read on these board...