Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AssimilateTruthx View Post
    Illogical. If you do not find black skin attractive, then by logical extension you view that characteristic as inferior to its converse (paler skin I suppose would be the converse.) I'll leave you to decide whether or not that is racist along with everyone else in this thread (hint: by your own definition that you linked on a past page, it is indeed racist.)
    Only wanting to date someone has nothing to do with it. If you refuse to have people with darker skins as friends then it's kinda racist but when picking a partner, only your preferences matter and you reserve the right to include or exclude any and all characteristics including race, gender, age, size of skull.. everything. Obviously you find them inferior as potential husbands/wives/gf's/bf's but not as people.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Then someone who only dates their own gender is a sexist, yeah? Someone who refuses to date their own gender is a homophobe, yeah?
    It's nice to see someone with a little sense.. >.<

Then someone who only dates their own gender is a sexist, yeah? Someone who refuses to date their own gender is a homophobe, yeah?
    they are sexist by definition lol. Don't know how you didn't realize that. Homophobic? No, they don't have an irrational fear of homosexuals

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by x_Fiona_X View Post
    a.k.a. someone who agrees with your opinions

Was a good read, til the women derailed it. Logic + Women = ???

Infracted: Keep out stupid generalizations about women.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2013-07-04 at 11:26 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    they are sexist by definition lol. Don't know how you didn't realize that.
    You're ridiculous. Telling a homosexual that they're sexist for only being sexually attracted to someone of their own gender is as ridiculous as it gets.
    Homophobic? No, they don't have an irrational fear of homosexuals
    If they're not fearing them, why do they not date them?

Quote Originally Posted by sinmarshall View Post
    lol'd

/5char

10+ Year Old Account
    You both are seriously equating race to gender, when selecting a mate? That is seriously apples to oranged

Yeah my black friend calls me "whitey" and "cracker ass" all the time. But I don't care cuz he's just a golliwog.

This is totally a joke, don't get mad. Clearly I don't have black friends.
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2013-07-04 at 11:05 PM.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisberb View Post
    You both are seriously equating race to gender, when selecting a mate? That is seriously apples to oranged
    I'm pointing out how ridiculous it is to call sexual preferences racist and applying such thinking to other types of preferences.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're ridiculous. Telling a homosexual that they're sexist for only being sexually attracted to someone of their own gender is as ridiculous as it gets.
    You wanna talk about ridiculous, you're equating not wanting to date black people, to people choosing to be heterosexual/homosexual.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisberb View Post
    You wanna talk about ridiculous, you're equating not wanting to date black people, to people choosing to be heterosexual/homosexual.
    Heterosexuality, bisexuality or homosexuality is as much of a choice as having black skin is.

Your argument revolves around the assumed congruence of race to gender. Race and gender are not congruent, so your argument is completely idiotic, fallacious and misleading.

they are sexist by definition lol. Don't know how you didn't realize that. Homophobic? No, they don't have an irrational fear of homosexuals

- - - Updated - - -

a.k.a. someone who agrees with your opinions
    Not just to that, no, in general. She's completely right, what one finds sexually attractive does not make you a racist if that does not include those who are black/ latino etc.

You say we derailed it but then you bring sexism into it simply because we're women? Good job..

because they don't want to? rofl. The opposite of fear isn't necessarily attraction or the desire to date... I mean talk about ridiculous.

Logic doesn't just apply to homosexuals, it applies to heteros as well. If anyone prefers one sex over the other, they're sexist.

Deleted
    A very nice example of sexism right there..

I think the the ones who claim that not dating some race is racist have a faulty logic though.

The difference is that when dating someone, you pick the type you accept and reject everyone who falls outside of it. It can be pretty broad and sometimes it's easier to say who you exclude instead of saying all those you would be willing to date.

For (a simplified) example you can say "I only date men with lily white skin, long golden hair, who own a white steed, make over $500 000 a year, are good listeners, etc, etc". Now a black guy comes along. Does he have golden hair and lily white skin? Nope? Disqualified..

The difference is that you ONLY like that lily white skin on a partner. You don't find black inferior or disgusting but it just doesnt fall into the ok group along with spotty skin, red skin overtanned skin and many others.

Not just to that, no, in general. She's completely right, what one finds sexually attractive does not make you a racist if that does not include those who are black/ latino etc.

You say we derailed it but then you bring sexism into it simply because we're women? Good job..
    If they're turned off/disgusted or just find them less attractive because of their skin colour, I'd say that's racist.

Sees thread Is derailed, sees who derailed thread.

/not surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    A very nice example of sexism right there..

I think the the ones who claim that not dating some race is racist have a faulty logic though.

The difference is that when dating someone, you pick the type you accept and reject everyone who falls outside of it. It can be pretty broad and sometimes it's easier to say who you exclude instead of saying all those you would be willing to date.

For (a simplified) example you can say "I only date men with lily white skin, long golden hair, who own a white steed, make over $500 000 a year, are good listeners, etc, etc". Now a black guy comes along. Does he have golden hair and lily white skin? Nope? Disqualified..

The difference is that you ONLY like that lily white skin on a partner. You don't find black inferior or disgusting but it just doesnt fall into the ok group along with spotty skin, red skin overtanned skin and many others.
    I don't think you have any remaining credibility on what constitutes faulty logic or not after your logically erroneous analogy, not to mention your convenient silence regarding it after being challenged for it.

If they're turned off/disgusted or just find them less attractive because of their skin colour, I'd say that's racist.
    Then in all fairness perhaps you should go back and reread what i've said. Not ONCE have I said anything of the sort, in fact it's been the exact opposite. I would be racist if i found black people to be inferior to me, do I? No, I don't. I would be racist if i don't associate myself with any black people at all and stay well clear of them, do I? No, I don't.

What I find sexually attractive in a man does not mean I can't find others attractive, however, I do not find black men sexually attractive this does not mean to say I see them in any less way than someone who's white.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    You defeat your own purpose by claiming that to be racism. If that is racism, then there is nothing at all necessarily wrong with racism as there is nothing wrong with what you call racism. All your argument does is serve to contend for the partial or full legitimization of racism in the minds of the reasonable, not its defeat.
    Not all racism is equally heinous. A person excluding an entire race of people from their dating pool isn't as bad as a person not being hired because of their skin color, or getting attacked or killed because of their race.

But make no mistake, saying that an entire race of people is ugly or unattractive IS racist.