Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    didn't they exist as the Eredar before BC?
    I always thought the eredar were different, their species were related but they weren't the same.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Colour me surprised, another stupid Salandrin topic. No, female Draenei are not insulting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

Quote Originally Posted by anisadora View Post
    you realize where the word hysterical comes from, right? or are you just another idiotic male 14 year old? It's not out of insecurity that the person said they wouldn't group with female draenei (Not that I share the disdain - ill group with polite players, who are ideally good). The person who stated that obviously disagrees with the sexualization and degenerative case of the female draenei - that she's obviously a send up to a pinup girl, and another case of the male gaze - something that you should probably look into, since you seem so oblivious about it.
    Or just batshit crazy.
    Lets turn this into a wiggle waggle appriciation thread!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahannam View Post
    Hey man, at least the Draenei dont look like their Broken counterparts. Them dudes is just plaaain ugly. And btw, has there ever been a Broken female?
    There probably is yes, it's just yet another one of the NPC races that Blizzard didn't bother to make both genders for, because that would effectively reduce the amount of NPC types by about half. Either you make two new races with male only models, or you make one new race with male and female models. Unless the race is playable or has essential story for why we need to see the female version of it, they tend to skip it and only make the male version.

It's the same with Ethereals, Ogres, bird people, Kobolds, Gnolls, Hozen, Jinyu, Satyrs and lots of others that I probably missed.
    Last edited by mmoce2fa46bcbe; 2013-07-05 at 06:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No qualms about their appearance, just wish they'd increase the shoulder size, shoulders look very small.

Quote Originally Posted by PhillieB View Post
    No qualms about their appearance, just wish they'd increase the shoulder size, shoulders look very small.
    They need transfer some of the male shoulder width to the females.

That (and the males ridiculously small heads) would fix a lot about the race.

There's not really anything wrong with them except the models are a bit out dated. Their boobs are nothing compared to humans, dwarves, or worgen. The boobs look bigger because of the way the back is arched.

Unless you're looking at fan art I really don't see how they're any more sexualized than elves or humans.

What about those races suggest they've let themselves go?
    They aren't representative of females who work out?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Lets turn this into a wiggle waggle appriciation thread!
    /smacks with newspaper
    NO.

Deleted
    Nah, I think the males look way worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    Lore or art enthusiasts
    I think you're being silly.

Or fishing for a response.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jbombard
    I think the goblin women are kinda sexy too, though I probably shouldn't have admitted that in a public forum... oops.
    it's true though

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    more like
    yes
    Go masturbate elsewhere.

Why do they have to represent something? Why can't they just be attractive? Why does it even have to be a big deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    Why do they have to represent something? Why can't they just be attractive? Why does it even have to be a big deal?
    Women can't be attractive or they're insulting to women. All women must be ugly to avoid offending people.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Women can't be attractive or they're insulting to women. All women must be ugly to avoid offending people.
    Or maybe, alien creatures should look... alien. Not like humans with hooves and horns.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Or maybe, alien creatures should look... alien. Not like humans with hooves and horns.
    Technically everything in game is an alien creature. Why don't people complain about gnomes, dwarves, or elves looking like humans?

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    This is World of Warcraft. It's not supposed to be realistic. It's not here to make a point. It's here to give people shit to do in their spare time.

Quote Originally Posted by kynthrus View Post
    I always thought the eredar were different, their species were related but they weren't the same.
    Draenei are simply renamed Eredar. Draenei means "exiled" in the Eredar language. The demonic Eredar are called Man'ari, which means "twisted". They are demonic versions of the original Eredar, aka the Draenei. They are in fact very related and very much the same, except one was bathed in fel energy, and one was basked in Light.

On topic, I don't find the female Draenei out of proportion or any more "pin up girl" than any other race. Almost every female or every race has larger breasts than she should, wider hips than she should, and has some "perfect" features that don't make them like real people. real people have different shapes and sizes. Unfortunately, many people dislike characters based on how they look. I don't see the male or female pandaren as "fat" since they actually have quite a bit of muscle to them as well. People dislike Theradras and Therazane since they are rather rotund in nature. However, I do see quite a few females in-game sexualized just for the sake of doing so, such as plate bikinis or the Goblin calendars of female Goblins in underwear on top of motorcycles.

However, it's quite the same for males as well. Almost every male of every race is super buff, has a smaller waist, a rather iconic voice, etc. This is how men are pressured to see themselves as well. For some men, it's just as disheartening to see these "ideal" men, since that's not what most men even look like. This problem persists in magazines, movies, video games, etc. Men just don't tend to vocalize it as much as women, since there is more pressure for women to be "beautiful" than men. But, don't think for a second that men aren't ridiculed for being overweight, bald, pale, etc. This extends to male Draenei as well (minus, you know, the legs and tail and facial tentacles). They have extremely broad shoulders, muscles larger than my entire body, deep chest, small waist, etc. They, in many ways, are how men "should" look, and have lots of qualities that media tells men how they "should" be. The female draenei are no more or less pressuring in their image than the males of their race, imo.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think they look fine^^