If you see THE LONE RANGER ...you are a racist ...period .

Yes , the trailer looks pretty cool . Oh and it might be a good movie . Now lets examine one thing . Johnny Depp is not Native American . Call me sensitive or what ever the fuck you want to call me but this is no different then a fucking white guy playing the role of a " negro " in early American cinema . It's pathetic , racist and like 100 steps backwards .

Johnny depp should be absolutely ashamed of himself . You know what if me ...a white guy ....got cast in the roll of Nelson Mandela ? I cannot even give enough analogies of how racist and total shit this is . However go ahead and see this movie if you like ...You and the rest of the KKK will love it's white power message .

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    this is no different then a fucking white guy playing the role of a " negro " in early American cinema . It's pathetic , racist and like 100 steps backwards .
    Robert Downey Jr. must have taken 110 steps backwards in Tropic Thunder then.
    red panda red panda red panda!

well apparently he does have ties to native america in his bloodline somewhere down the line and also, to be honest, companies will sell the movie based solely on the fact that its Johnny Depp and not some no name actor from nowhere. It's business.

It doesn't make the viewer racist at all.
    I think you need a better definition.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    he did play the part really convincingly though.
    dragonmaw - EU

10+ Year Old Account
    lol.. its called ACTING! he is pretending to be something he is not. this isnt a damn documentary.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    (Not to mention it's going to be a crap movie anyway.)
    It already is crap. At least it's mildly entertaining though. Stupid Disney magic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Johnny Depp is of Cherokee descent, stop the press.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    But he has a point. What if Jonny Depp plays the young Nelson Mandela indeed?
    then i would go watch it to see how he portrays Nelson. movie magic is .... magical.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    (That movie was a parody)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Rampant Rabbit View Post
    (That movie was a parody)
    (I was being sarcastic towards OPs radical claims)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Starving Artist View Post
    Yes , the trailer looks pretty cool . Oh and it might be a good movie . Now lets examine one thing . Johnny Depp is not Native American . Call me sensitive or what ever the fuck you want to call me but this is no different then a fucking white guy playing the role of a " negro " in early American cinema . It's pathetic , racist and like 100 steps backwards .

Johnny depp should be absolutely ashamed of himself . You know what if me ...a white guy ....got cast in the roll of Nelson Mandela ? I cannot even give enough analogies of how racist and total shit this is . However go ahead and see this movie if you like ...You and the rest of the KKK will love it's white power message .
    ... I thought only only dying stars could be this dense. Ben Kingsley did an amazing job as Gandhi, and several (MANY!) other directors have had their actors play a different heritage than their natural one, with great success.

That's entire frickin' POINT of even having actors around. Someone who can PORTRAY something they're NOT. If The Lone Ranger was marketed as a documentary, I'd support your history-lacking, fact-less rant. But to me, this just seems like a good actor doing what he is supposed to do.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Quote Originally Posted by scvd View Post
    Johnny Depp is of Cherokee descent, stop the press.
    Along with the rest of the world, including me, lol with blonde hair and blue eyes. I'd imagine not many people are solely one race if you look hard enough

but really lol this thread

"Das rayciss!"

You people are unbearable at times. Samuel L Jackson played the role of Nick Fury in Avengers Assemble; a character who was always white in the comics. Was that racist? I haven't heard one single person say it was. You can bet your ass that if a white person played the role of Martin Luther King Jr. or Nelson Mandela, these idiots would be on the internet and media in droves, complaining about it being somehow racist.

Get over your double standards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your OP is not even slightly constructive...closing.