Hi, I played Rift back in June 2011 but decided to stop because I didnt feel like paying for 2 MMOs at the same time.
Now that Rift is F2P and I have stopped playing WoW, I have decided to come back.
Anyways, I'm leveling a Warrior right now (45) and wanted to try out the Tempest. However, there were certain things that were somewhat unclear to me so I decided to open this thread.
So, to the questions:
1. How does the tempest perform at high level pve (dungeons, raids...)? In terms of damage, playstyle, etc.
2. Why doesn't the soul have percentage damage scaling, like any other soul has? (meaning you get 1% dmg for each point spent in the tree)
3. I tend do miss/get dodged a lot more often when I play tempest compared to my paragon build. Is that a thing or am I imagining things?
4. I'd say I know pretty good what talents to chose from for a PvE orientated spec, however, my builds usually differ from those on riftscene etc. Is the site legit or am I just stupid? (The proposed spec suggests things like taking 10% builder damage instead of 10% strength increase, I dont know...).
5. I read on a similar site that you can play the tempest buy pressing 2 macros over and over. Is that true? Because that would be a huge turn off for me.
1. Adequate. Not the highest DPS, not the lowest. But good enough for most non-progression encounters.
2. It does.
3. Imagination? As long as you have enough Hit rating that shouldn't be happening very often.
4. Riftscene is pretty legit. It's the best and most up-tp-date Rift site out there. That said, the official forums should be where you spend a lot of your Rift-related browsing time. The forums are pretty active and contain most of the relevant information on Rift's gameplay.
5. You could. Not sure what 2 macros that site is referring to, but Tempest is very simple to play. A lot of people call it "boring" due to how simple the rotation is in reality. You're just a ranged turret as a Tempest. Very easy to play soul.
Here's the answer you're looking for. It's BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING. Literally feels like you're grinding for WoW's The Insane title even on raids. I use 4 buttons for single target rotation, 2 of which are macros, and I could weave the other 2 skills in the rotation as well, if I wanted to, and I wouldn't even lose dps.
Unfortunately there's hardly any other choice for ranged dps warrior.
4. I'd say I know pretty good what talents to chose from for a PvE orientated spec, however, my builds usually differ from those on riftscene etc. Is the site legit or am I just stupid? (The proposed spec suggests things like taking 10% builder damage instead of 10% strength increase, I dont know...)
What do you mean taking 10% builder damage instead of 10% strength, you mean why did they take that in the Paragon tree instead of picking Champion or something for 10% str?? They took that tree for the castable 3% crit buff you get for taking the paragon tree(according to what I read it does actually affect your abilities despite them not dealing physical damage), so 3% crit+10% builder damage is superior to picking champion or something for 10% strength...