Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    sure shooting them right then and there was perhaps not the best way of doing it, but come the fuck on! is this the best you have to do? get upset about kittens who were going to die anyway? if they had been taken somewhere else to be killed they would have had to endure the car ride too which im pretty sure they wouldnt enjoy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fps90 View Post
    Why not stomp on their heads? Save some bullets. Maybe drop one of those wood chunks on them.
    Stomping on their heads would be real messy. At least bullets are cheap and make a clean hole.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fps90 View Post
    Why not stomp on their heads? Save some bullets. Maybe drop one of those wood chunks on them.
    if they die instantly which the most likely would due to a bullet then for all i care he could be biting their throat out

Quote Originally Posted by Deathsknight View Post
    I own two cats. Both of which were feral. Tamed them both. Best damn cats I ever owned. So don't say they cant be tamed.
    same. neither will even raise a claw to my 3 year old, even in self defense or anger. one is the most affectionate cat i have ever owned, the other likes his tummy rubbed and rolls over for my 3 year old to pet him.

not to say that these kittens would get a home or turn out awesome, but a gun is hardly warranted
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Quote Originally Posted by Åmbulance View Post
    Fairy tale world? My female who is 3 years old, was a feral cat. We fed it, and her family. And at 2-3 months old it was the only come that kept coming back. Built a friendship with it. Now she sleeps with us every night, and way friendlier than my male who born into domestication.
    Explain why if every cat or kittens that were found or turned in are magically adopted why the shelter was so full?

Quote Originally Posted by Thalian View Post
    Yes. Because no one wants 8-10 week old kittens.
    Guess people don't understand "feral". To even call them kittens is dumb, do you call baby lions kittens too?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Åmbulance View Post
    Fairy tale world? My female who is 3 years old, was a feral cat. We fed it, and her family. And at 2-3 months old it was the only come that kept coming back. Built a friendship with it. Now she sleeps with us every night, and way friendlier than my male who born into domestication.
    stars align once in a while, how you think they became domesticated? just cause you can break a wild horse doesn't mean you should run around trying it on every horse you see.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yobtar View Post
    So he should have looped them around the neck (can't think of what that thing is called), pulled them out of the woodpile, brought them to a shelter to be euthanized (probably right away). With the exception of the kids being around, I don't think what he did is a very big deal but that could be the farmer in my talking.
    And even with the kids around so what. Kids have to learn about death sometime. I remember being 6 or so and watching my uncle kill a rattlesnake with a shotgun. Something I'll never forget, but I highly doubt it negatively affected me in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Luftmangle View Post
    Explain why if every cat or kittens that were found or turned in are magically adopted why the shelter was so full?
    that has nothing to do with his addressing your claim that feral cats cant be tamed. you dont get to pick and choose what people are responding to
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    that has nothing to do with his addressing your claim that feral cats cant be tamed. you dont get to pick and choose what people are responding to
    99% of ferals can't be tamed... what are you trying to argue? that the percentage is closer to 75%? or do you seriously think every feral cat is the same?

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    99% of ferals can't be tamed... what are you trying to argue? that the percentage is closer to 75%? or do you seriously think every feral cat is the same?
    yeah, really like a source on that. and age has a LOT to do with it. 8-10 weeks - never failed to see them adapt to domestic life
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

I find it extremely ironic that it was a "Humane" officer that did that.

If anything why not just let the cats live out in the wild? You know, where animals live? Some Humans are seriously idiotic.

I hope that guy pays in some way for doing what he did.

My mom has had no problems in adopting feral cats. In fact, the last cat we adopted was feral(Its previous owner abandoned him). It didn't take long for her to get the little one out of his feral state and into our family.

If she saw this news report, she would completely flip out as she is very fond of cats(As am I)

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    Guess people don't understand "feral". To even call them kittens is dumb, do you call baby lions kittens too?

- - - Updated - - -

stars align once in a while, how you think they became domesticated? just cause you can break a wild horse doesn't mean you should run around trying it on every horse you see.
    No, you wouldn't call a baby lion a kitten because kitten refers to domesticated cats. And yes, those 'feral' cats are domesticated. Domesticated implies that the group of organisms were changed through generations for us. Were they tame? Probably not. But they sure were domesticated.

As far as the kittens being called feral, tis sad. They were only 8 weeks? I'd think calling them feral is a bit harsh at that point. Sure, born in the wild, yadayada. But young living things are very impressionable. Could have likely easily been tamed. Quite a bummer the shelter was full/no one found and loved them. There are a ton of groups and sites that work on taming and loving feral cats. It's not impossible, nor is it rare. It happens and it happens a lot. What this guy did is inexcusable. The cats(according to the source) were doing nothing but living. No agressive behavior. >
    Last edited by Renley; 2013-07-04 at 08:15 PM.

god... some people. some people in this thread too. perfect examples of why i hope for a nuclear war.

So a Hunter shot a feral...happens all the time in wow....

ot: Yes the officer could have handled the situation with a tad more grace. The cats would have died either way - so right solution, bad timing.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are mad that he killed them: They would have been killed had he taken them to a shelter anyway.

If you are mad he did so where children would know what occurred: If the parents of those children had not wanted such, they should have dealt with the situation themselves instead of calling in the government to take care of a ridiculously simple problem. Additionally, if you can't explain to your child what occurred and why it was done, what are you doing being a parent in the first place? Children are exposed to harsh realities regularly and they must understand them.

If you are mad he used a firearm: If he was shooting them in a wood pile (as the article states), the odds of ricochets harming anyone are essentially nonexistent. The wood pile is going to fully absorb the bullets and not send them flying anywhere else.

Overall, what this man did was safe and has the same ultimate result as what would have occurred had he taken them away.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    god... some people. some people in this thread too. perfect examples of why i hope for a nuclear war.
    Then all the kittens die.

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    Ah, feral and diseased kittens actually.

Not sure what you aren't able to comprehend, but the shelter were he could have take the kittens was already full.

Do you understand what that means?

The shelter had taken in more than they could get adopted.

If the case was the shelter was completely empty and people were beating down the door looking for kittens, then I would say he shouldn't have shot those kittens, that they could be given medication for their disease's and fleas, and that they could be domesticated. It would take a lot of work to do, but has this is not the case, and the shelter was completely full of animals already needing to be adopted, not sure what your overall point is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    If you are mad that he killed them: They would have been killed had he taken them to a shelter anyway.

If you are mad he did so where children would know what occurred: If the parents of those children had not wanted such, they should have dealt with the situation themselves instead of calling in the government to take care of a ridiculously simple problem. Additionally, if you can't explain to your child what occurred and why it was done, what are you doing being a parent in the first place? Children are exposed to harsh realities regularly and they must understand them.

If you are mad he used a firearm: If he was shooting them in a wood pile (as the article states), the odds of ricochets harming anyone are essentially nonexistent. The wood pile is going to fully absorb the bullets and not send them flying anywhere else.

Overall, what this man did was safe and has the same ultimate result as what would have occurred had he taken them away.
    But but but.

Don't be rational.

KITTENS!!!!

Whenever you want to know the appropriate response from police, take what a normal, sensible person would do, then do the exact opposite.

Deleted
    Kittens? Get the Bazooka.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftmangle View Post
    Not if they are diseased and feral.

If there were so many people who wanted kittens then none would ever be euthanized right?
    The two cats I have, one was feral and the other was a sick runt of the litter. 3 years later, the runt is huge and the feral one is the most friendly cat I've ever seen.

But, you are right. Most people steer clear of sick or feral cats. I wasn't trying to be extra kind my self, they just happen to be the cutest cats there.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi