Page 1 of 3
LastLast

[TV] Misty in Next Gen Pokemon

I haven't been following the pokemon series in a while, but I know the new gen will be French themed and I recently started watching the original series. In one of the episodes Misty says she loves French stuff and wanted to go there so maybe she will come back. Just thought I would throw this out there if it hasn't already.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Eh probably not, they'll team Ash up with another bunch of random kids, who despite being 10 and brand new trainers, they'll still be better trainers than Ash...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Eh probably not, they'll team Ash up with another bunch of random kids, who despite being 10 and brand new trainers, they'll still be better trainers than Ash...
    If the main character starts off inexperienced, becomes experienced and the show keeps going - eventually kids will see him as a bully or even the villain of the piece simply because he never loses.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    If the main character starts off inexperienced, becomes experienced and the show keeps going - eventually kids will see him as a bully or even the villain of the piece simply because he never loses.
    Instead, we now have an antagonist who everyone sees as a complete retard. How is that any better?

Instead, we now have an antagonist who everyone sees as a complete retard. How is that any better?
    Are you suggesting that the mentally disabled can't be villains? You bastard. Handi-capable man.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Are you suggesting that the mentally disabled can't be villains? You bastard. Handi-capable man.
    Woops, meant protagonist.

Can't they just stop embarrassing this franchise. They've done enough to ruin it already.

Woops, meant protagonist.
    Oh so a mentally challenged person can't be a good guy now?!

Oh so a mentally challenged person can't be a good guy now?!
    Well, Ash has been a good guy for a while...
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always found it weird how Ash want's to catch all the Pokemon but in every series he only catches like 5.

Noob.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Infected Clicker View Post
    I always found it weird how Ash want's to catch all the Pokemon but in every series he only catches like 5.

Noob.
    And he even frees them from time to time what a noob!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Infected Clicker View Post

Noob.
    He caught quite a few in black and white. Also "gotta catch em all" was only the catch phrase for the first season or so.

Also, I feel the need to post this because it's relevant and made me laugh

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hawtlol View Post
    Can't they just stop embarrassing this franchise. They've done enough to ruin it already.
    The franchise is perfectly fine, the games keep getting better and better - the show is pathetic though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    He caught quite a few in black and white. Also "gotta catch em all" was only the catch phrase for the first season or so.

snip
    Well now I just wan't to give him a good slap.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post

Exactly! Ash should be in his 20's now, and judging from his many adventures, he should be pretty darn cool - but no. He still uses his 'dex to beep the same magikarp, he still looses to beginners and he looks younger by each season.... Sure, it's a childrens program and we can't have a hero who is the ultimate trainer, but come on!

Exactly! Ash should be in his 20's now, and judging from his many adventures, he should be pretty darn cool - but no. He still uses his 'dex to beep the same magikarp, he still looses to beginners and he looks younger by each season.... Sure, it's a childrens program and we can't have a hero who is the ultimate trainer, but come on!
    I blame TV in general now, kids shows today are utter fucking bullshit.

I've never bothered watching an episode of Pokemon despite having taken care of two siblings that are 12 and 19 years younger than me. But if you're right, that sounds like horse shit.

When I grew up we had powerful alpha heroes and protagonists. Fuckin', He-Man, GI Joe's, Captain Power etc. I don't even know when the message in children's tv turned into "oh it'll be fine if you just keep working at it." Which ok, yeah that's a decent enough message, but it already assumes that the kids are fuckin useless.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account

I've never bothered watching an episode of Pokemon despite having taken care of two siblings that are 12 and 19 years younger than me. But if you're right, that sounds like horse shit.

When I grew up we had powerful alpha heroes and protagonists. Fuckin', He-Man, GI Joe's, Captain Power etc. I don't even know when the message in children's tv turned into "oh it'll be fine if you just keep working at it." Which ok, yeah that's a decent enough message, but it already assumes that the kids are fuckin useless.
    First season and the first movie was, and still is awesome. However, they kept using the same formula for the other seasons, which involves giving Ash a mild brain-whipe apparently for no good reason.

I stopped giving a shit about the anime after the Diamond and Pearl season came out.

It's really depressing how the guy who started writing the thing wanted Ash to grow up to be a pokemon master like he always dreamed (essentially an anime version of Red from the games) but Nintendo or whoever has control of the anime wanted to milk the series as long as possible so instead of Ash getting stronger they gave him downs syndrome and made him start over in every region.
    It would be dark inside my head...if not for the fires...

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelkath View Post
    I stopped giving a shit about the anime after the Diamond and Pearl season came out.

It's really depressing how the guy who started writing the thing wanted Ash to grow up to be a pokemon master like he always dreamed (essentially an anime version of Red from the games) but Nintendo or whoever has control of the anime wanted to milk the series as long as possible so instead of Ash getting stronger they gave him downs syndrome and made him start over in every region.
    Honestly, they should pull a "Shippuden" somehow...

10+ Year Old Account
    You've obviously never seen Adventure Time.