Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    The Crusade has plenty to keep them busy. Like standing around while they send random adventurers into the heart of enemy strongholds so they can "heroically" storm in and take it for themselves once the main threats are gone.
    This is what, basically, every faction do in-game, because the game focus on players, that make neutral factions (but even Alliance and Horde NPCs) feel useless, incompetent and a bit ridicolous. But lorewise it's hardly belivable that the "heroes" are so overpowered and precious, able to slaugther thousand of mobs without an effort.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    The Kirin Tor kicked all Horde members out of their ranks before joining the Alliance. I can't see the Argent Crusade doing the same.

They seem pretty content with setting up a fortress in the Western Plaguelands, and the Eastern Plaguelands is still largely corrupted.

Kirin Tor used brute force. The Argent could just tell them they have to go and let them leave peacefully.

- - - Updated - - -

And your point about cleaning the plaguelands(whoever I'm talking to), isn't relevant. You don't need an army to do some clean up job. The Silver Hand joined to end the threat the Scourge posed, but ultimately, they belong in the Alliance.

I recall Blizzard saying something like, "well someone had to have picked up the shards of Frostmourne" when asked at Blizzcon what happened to Frostmourne. So I imagine that leaves open some more Scourge action for the AC in the future.
    Those who you know as Warlocks are your Salvation through Destruction. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Acepox View Post
    Kirin Tor used brute force. The Argent could just tell them they have to go and let them leave peacefully.

- - - Updated - - -

And your point about cleaning the plaguelands(whoever I'm talking to), isn't relevant. You don't need an army to do some clean up job. The Silver Hand joined to end the threat the Scourge posed, but ultimately, they belong in the Alliance.
    Tirion's silver hand was never a part of the alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would the Argent Crusade march against Undercity when even the Forsaken are allowed to join it? If the Burning Legion returns then the Crusade will have a purpose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Tirion's silver hand was never a part of the alliance.
    Rhonin's Dalaran was never part of the Alliance either.

Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    Why would the Argent Crusade march against Undercity when even the Forsaken are allowed to join it? If the Burning Legion returns then the Crusade will have a purpose.
    The few Forsaken that joined the Argent Crusade often join because they don't seem to agree anymore with the forsaken leadership.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Argent_Apothecary_Judkins is a good example.

Argent Crusade wouldn't fight a race war, if you want to help the argent crusade, they usually accept your help, no matter which race.

Quote Originally Posted by Harkar View Post
    If the Argent Crusade goes to Alliance, the Earthen Ring and Cenarion Circle should go to Horde. The Earthen Ring because Shamans were and should have stayed Horde.
    LOLwut. Hell no, Tauren Druids were a bullshit retcon. It says it right there in the name, CENARION, as in Cenarius, one of the Night Elf demigods.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    And this will never happen too. There is no reason for which Tirion should desire to rejoin the Alliance at this point.
    No reason at all? What if Sylvanas exhumed Taelen and raised him as a Death Knight? And don't say she wouldn't do something like that, because she is just incompetent enough to bring that kind of wrath down on her pretty little head.
    Last edited by Lumineus; 2013-07-07 at 12:46 AM.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Deleted
    they will all, and I mean each and everyone one of them, become exceptional...

pet battle trainers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    No reason at all? What if Sylvanas exhumed Taelen and raised him as a Death Knight? And don't say she wouldn't do something like that, because she is just incompetent enough to bring that kind of wrath down on her pretty little head.
    Let's say Sylvanas did something heinous enough to piss off the Argent Crusade. You know what'd happen? The Horde would probably reckon her more trouble than she's been worth and let Tirion do whatever he wanted to her, and use Quel'Thalas as their staging ground for Eastern Kingdoms operations instead--especially once Garrosh is off the throne, since I've zero doubt that the next leader, be it Warchief or otherwise, is going to have a much less loose interpretation of honorable conduct in wartime.

If she forcibly raised Taelan, Tirion wouldn't suddenly start blaming the entire Horde. He's not an idiot and he's not prone to snap decisions like that. His sense of justice guides every decision he's ever made--even the somewhat Machiavellian tournament was done to limit casualties by bringing in a crack force of the best of the best to Icecrown Citadel, rather than give Arthas last-minute reinforcements by letting every Tom, Dick, and Jane zerg the gates (that this nearly happened anyway is something none of us really could have prepped for in-lore, seeing as how Arthas had played that little trump card close to his chest). If the Forsaken swan-dive off the slippery slope, just like how the Crusade is specifically keeping tabs on the Forsaken and not the Horde, he'd go after her grey-blue elven ass with the Ashbringer. Odds are good that the Alliance and Horde would both back him, too, given his reputation amongst both factions and his history of basically being the iconic example of a Light-worshipping hero in the post-Third War world.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    I'd like to see them establish their own Kingdom, absolutely independent from Horde and Alliance.
    I'd actually love to see that as one of the next expansion stories. It sounds similar to what the Teutonic Knights did and what the Crusaders tried to do. Except the Crusaders got burned at the stake, as founding their own nation was branded treason/desertion. Perhaps that could be what the story focuses around. You get to pick to be for or against the Argent Crusade and your faction allegiance is put on hold while you're on the continent where they are planning to reside.

Perhaps it could be a sort of shattered faction thing. Half the Argent Crusade think it's a better idea to stay in the Plaguelands and in Northrend, cleaning up any remaining Scourge, while the other half reckon the best course of action is to establish some sort of capital city somewhere and plan further from there.

Could be good. Could also include a language trainer, so you can understand your fellow Orc/Human/Troll/Dwarf/whatever comrades, while you put aside your differences to fight for the half of the Argent Crusade you're in.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Rhonin's Dalaran was never part of the Alliance either.
    Not quite an apt comparison. The ruling council brought in Rhonin as its leader, but the Kirin Tor was still the same entity.

The Silver Hand however was no more, disbanded by Arthas and most of its members killed by the Scourge or forming up under the scarlet crusade and later argent dawn. Tirion in vanilla vows to create a new silver hand, an organization being created from the ground up, which before it ever even did anything except come to aid light's hope chappen, merged into the argent dawn and they became the argent crusade. At no point was the group Tirion made a part of the alliance. Dalaran WAS part of the alliance and bringing a new leader into the council doesn't change that.

It will take them ages to restore the Eastern Plaguelands to anything remotely useable so they will still be required for a long time. I do not think they will ever join the Alliance. They are way too neutral for that (for example, they have Forsaken in their ranks while fighting against the undead Scourge). They will always have their place guarding the world from any undead hordes romping across the world or from anyone seeking to corrupt the Plaguelands again.

Considering how Sylvanas is basically turning into everything she hated about Arthas, that'll probably be the future of both the Argent Crusade AND the Ebon Blade.

Can't have everyone only focusing on Garrosh when Sylvanas has been just as bad for even longer and gotten away with it. Who better to take her out than the Crusade? So yeah, if she keeps it up, likely an Ashbringer to the face. Which would be AWESOME to see.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    This is what, basically, every faction do in-game, because the game focus on players, that make neutral factions (but even Alliance and Horde NPCs) feel useless, incompetent and a bit ridicolous.
    Likewise, WoW is supposed to make us players feel like the heroes that save and solve everything, not lore characters
    Though in a way you can say our accomplishments are their accomplishments, as we fight for and under these various orginizations - hence we earn rep with them

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Malithrax View Post
    I'd actually love to see that as one of the next expansion stories. It sounds similar to what the Teutonic Knights
    Good lord I love the Teutonic Order
    Though the Crusaders are somewhat setting up their own kingdom, with Hearthglen being their capital and what not

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Talthun View Post
    Can't have everyone only focusing on Garrosh when Sylvanas has been just as bad for even longer and gotten away with it. Who better to take her out than the Crusade? So yeah, if she keeps it up, likely an Ashbringer to the face. Which would be AWESOME to see.
    jesus christ do we seriously need more content where parts of the Horde once again become the villian?
    Do we really need all characters to be nothing but perfect lil gooby-2-shoes?
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    The Argent Crusade should be eradicated and their leader, Tirion Fordring should be executed for high treason against the Alliance.

The remains of the Argent Crusade and the Scarlet Crusade together with the rest of the exiled people from Lordaeron will converge in a new organization: The Cerulean Aurora, an Alliance faction led by the Queen Calia herself and with the firm intention of eradicating the plague of undead that is plaguing the former Kingdom of Lordaeron, their home.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    The Argent Crusade should be eradicated and their leader, Tirion Fordring should be executed for high treason against the Alliance.
    The Argent Crusade have an undying respect for Tirion, and if the Alliance would make something so retarded like abduct and execute Tirion, belive me, they would suddenly have a lot more reasons to wage war against the Alliance itself than the Horde.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    jesus christ do we seriously need more content where parts of the Horde once again become the villian?
    Garrosh is on the chop block because of inconsistend writing which caused people to hate him more.
    Sylvanas would have been okay (and morally gray) in my book if she didn't plague nuked Southshore or undid some of the Cenarion Circle's work while transforming farmers into undead in WPL AND doing the same as Arthas (raising people against their will, which she considered sacrilidge when Arthas did it to her)

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Likewise, WoW is supposed to make us players feel like the heroes that save and solve everything, not lore characters
    Though in a way you can say our accomplishments are their accomplishments, as we fight for and under these various orginizations - hence we earn rep with them

- - - Updated - - -

Good lord I love the Teutonic Order
    Though the Crusaders are somewhat setting up their own kingdom, with Hearthglen being their capital and what not

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think Sylvannas needs to die or have a raid where the Forsaken are the enemy, but it would be nice for for a bit of karma to come back and bite her in the ass at some point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    LOLwut. Hell no, Tauren Druids were a bullshit retcon. It says it right there in the name, CENARION, as in Cenarius, one of the Night Elf demigods.
    Cenarion Circle in the Horde? Yeah, doesn't make sense. The Tauren Druids a "bullshit retcon"? This is an idiotic statement, it is not a retcon, it's the story and is explained by the times of Vanilla, Malfurion accepted Tauren in his order after meeting Hamuul, and the Tauren, thousand of years ago, had a relationship with Cenarius, similar to the one the Night Elves have now, but in time they lose this connection, reason for which they needed a "refreshing" of it, thanks to Malfurion.

People should stop, once and for all, to abuse the word "retcon" for belive, in their head, that the things they don't like don't make sense with the story. Bullshit.

Yeah, I say she wouldn't do that. Why do at all costs an unecessary act that could understandbly enrage the leader of a neutral organization that didn't show any kind of hostility towards her or her people? Just because? If you think she would do that because you like to belive so, since you blatantly hate her, it's another a matter, and not one of common interest.

But let's consider that she would make something like that, let alone that Tirion to me doesn't seem the kind of person that take too much personally this kind of matters, but regardless, he would have a problem with her, not the entire Horde; join the Alliance would just mean agreeing in becoming an hostile force towards the whole of the Horde, and this wouldn't make sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dirk123 View Post
    Garrosh is on the chop block because of inconsistend writing which caused people to hate him more.
    Bullshit, bullshit and bullshit. Stop with this shit already.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dirk123 View Post
    Sylvanas would have been okay (and morally gray) in my book if she didn't plague nuked Southshore or undid some of the Cenarion Circle's work while transforming farmers into undead in WPL AND doing the same as Arthas (raising people against their will, which she considered sacrilidge when Arthas did it to her)
    Southshore and the whole Hillsbrad "invasion" was done for provide new Forsaken in the war against Gilneas; and no, raising farmers into undead have nothing to do with what the Cenarion Circle is doing, the Forsaken are not desecrating the land, they just rose dead corpses to undeath.
    But about that being a bit hypocritical by Sylvanas's part, considering her background, I could partially agree with you.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2013-07-07 at 01:49 PM.