Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    ok i would not get the Cooler Master HAF X -(RC-942-KKN1) the front usb 3.0 plugins you will have to plug into the back of your mobo 3.0 slots (meaning your running 2 wires out the back of your case to plug into the usb3.0 slots in the back}. while the blue light knn3 the front usb3.0 can plug right into the mobo 3.0 onboard not running wires out the back freeing up usb3.0 slots.
    Last edited by ereskigal; 2013-07-06 at 03:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by backhandx View Post
    No OC here. im very scared to OC i never have before and dont plan on doing it.
    If you're spending that much, you obviously want to get some power out of your system. You'll OC.
    G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory F3-12800CL10D-16GBXL - 134.95
    Why 16gb of RAM? It won't help you really.
    Arctic Silver 5 Polysynthetic Silver Thermal Compound Paste 3.5g - 8.25
    Heatsinks will come with proper paste
    Samsung Electronics 840 Pro Series 2.5-Inch 128 SATA_6_0_gb Solid State Drive MZ-7PD128BW - 137.57
    Get the non-pro (again)
    Western Digital WD1002FAEX Caviar Black 1 TB SATA III 7200 RPM 64 MB Cache Internal Desktop 3.5" Hard Drive - 86.99
    Get the Blue
    Intel Core i7-4770K Quad-Core Desktop Processor 3.5 GHZ 8 MB Cache BX80646I74770K - 334.99
    Get the i5. You'll probably get better performance out of it, since Hyperthreading won't help you, and often proves to be a heat issue sometimes to tiny degrees.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Im afraid to OC

16gb because it comes as a combo for that particular one.

Non-pro check.

Im getting told black over blue but i have no idea what's the difference

Hyperthreading, you never know. but ok i5

Any response for the water cooler over a typical heat sink? and which fan company/type to get?

10+ Year Old Account
    Im afraid to OC
    Don't be. It's quite easy. if you can read this forum thread, you can OC. There's tons of tutorials and it's not really all that dangerous. 10 years ago, sure, you could screw things up. Nowadays? it's pretty frickin hard to actually break something.
    16gb because it comes as a combo for that particular one.
    What combo? You might be spending an extra $70 to save $10.
    Im getting told black over blue but i have no idea what's the difference
    Black is faster, is good for an OS drive if you don't have an SSD. But you have an SSD, so it's moot. Blue is cheaper.
    Hyperthreading, you never know. but ok i5
    You haven't made any indication you'll be doing anything that takes it. Think of hyperthreading as 4 Wheel Drive. If you only drive your car to the office and back... It's kind of a lost use.
    Any response for the water cooler over a typical heat sink? and which fan company/type to get?
    I didn't respond to that because it's not my area of expertise. I usually see people getting the Corsair H80 or H100.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

"Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Get the new Intel i7 4770K, so far it has been reviewed very positively and without problems.

Motherboard should be with an intel chipset (H87 or Z87 - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGA_115...swell_chipsets) - best for the above CPU.

Nvidia GTX 770 or 780 would be awesome - never take AMD/ATI things, they got horrible software and drivers.

A high quality RAM and Harddisk/SSD, so they can fully keep up with the strong CPU/GPU.

Never go SLI/Crossfire (dual GPUs), they are just full of bugs and issues, and most games do not even properly use the 2nd gpu.

Good power and cooling are very important - you should consult a hardware expert as far as cooling and power needed for the above mentioned configuration.

Good quality PC casing as well, so it can provide maximum air flow and lots of strong fans to help with the cooling.

Also, just to point out, use Windows 7 - it is very stable and free of bugs, unlike Windows 8 on which half the games/drivers can't install while the other half works horribly and crashes often.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Stuff
    Uh, a third of this information is poor, and a third is flat out wrong. I would disregard the majority of it, outside of "Good power and cooling".

Yeah i was looking at the H100 but i saw the review on NZXT H630 ATX Full Tower Case and he used the NZXT Kraken X60 98.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler.

Do you use one?

10+ Year Old Account
    I do not. I use a cheapy air CM Hyper 212 EVO

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't seen anything that would really warrant 4gb, unless you're doing some crazy triple screen gaming perhaps.

Yeah i was looking at the H100 but i saw the review on NZXT H630 ATX Full Tower Case and he used the NZXT Kraken X60 98.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler.

Do you use one?
    Here are some test results for a whole slew of AIO coolers. http://anandtech.com/show/6984/therm...oler-roundup/3

I have the H100. Its tubing is stiff and its fans are loud (still audible even when throttled to 5V). The newer H100i is supposed to fix these problems.

If you can afford it and your case supports it, 140mm mount radiators are a better (eg. H110).

On the other hand, if you don't plan on overclocking, the Intel heatsink works just fine. At the most, I'd get the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO and an ASUS motherboard with Fan Xpert2 to keep things quiet on a non-OC rig.
    Last edited by yurano; 2013-07-06 at 05:27 AM.

No OC here. im very scared to OC i never have before and dont plan on doing it.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok here's a more updated build from what you guys have suggested and from looking at the "unicorn" build posted:
    NZXT Technologies KRAKEN X60 Premium 280MM Ultra Performance Liquid CPU Cooler RL-KRX60-01 Black - 107.99 (ive never done liquid cool before is this preferred over a fan heat sink?)
    The noctua Nh14 was fine, I would stay with that 1.
    If you insist on watercooling then grab one of the corair closed loop system but I would still go with the noctua.
    As for cases I usually use http://www.lian-li.com/en/products/#154/1/list they are expensive but very well made also these guys make cool cases with the same quality material http://www.mountainmods.com/. The other cases listed are fine by all means.
    Last edited by lockedout; 2013-07-06 at 10:58 PM.

I went with this case http://pcpartpicker.com/part/cooler-...case-rc942kkn1 i like really big cases
    That case is fine but if you like big cases some of those mountain mods cases are more than twice the size.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get the new Intel i7 4770K, so far it has been reviewed very positively and without problems.
    Like mentioned above, he doesn't need the hyper-threading.

Nvidia GTX 770 or 780 would be awesome - never take AMD/ATI things, they got horrible software and drivers.
    They got excellent driver optimization and developers will work for a decade to optimize games for AMD, since most games that are coming out have been optimized on the AMD console system.

Good power and cooling are very important - you should consult a hardware expert as far as cooling and power needed for the above mentioned configuration.
    No he should not, It does not require a scientist to figure out what kind of power he needs.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)