Deleted

5.4 DK PvP BUFFED or NERFED?

In my opinion AMZ nerf is just too big even though single target damage is getting buffed if we're forced to play more defensive it's damage nerf too.

Deleted
    Master of Ghouls and Enduring Infection are really nice buffs i wouldn't say that DK's are going to be nerfed!
    And Plague Leech could be intresting!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdry View Post
    Master of Ghouls and Enduring Infection are really nice buffs i wouldn't say that DK's are going to be nerfed!
    And Plague Leech could be intresting!
    Losing AMZ versus Ele teams is a huge nerf in my opinion especially since we already have issues versus elemental shamans

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebi View Post
    Losing AMZ versus Ele teams is a huge nerf in my opinion especially since we already have issues versus elemental shamans
    You're right, but isn't that gona be changed on the PTR? Or is that 100% implemented in 5.4 patch?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdry View Post
    You're right, but isn't that gona be changed on the PTR? Or is that 100% implemented in 5.4 patch?
    Well DK's have been complaining that in PvE they have no utility so it will most likely go through

10+ Year Old Account
    My DK in PvE has no utility, so I hope this buff goes through.

If these were the only changes I would say that it is fairly neutral, as you said, our ghoul is really easy to kill and this master of ghouls change helps that a lot. I think you are weighing too much on this AMZ, purgatory isn't very useful but lichborne is! At the worst we change to lichborne and lose a bit of group utility and at best our cds remain similar.

One thing not mentioned ( I assume because you may have missed it) is the new glyph of Regenerative Magic. Currently, if you use AMS offensively to immune CC you leave yourself extremely vulnerable against spell damage while its on cooldown. With this glyph, you can AMS offensivly and reduce the cd of your next AMS by half. This is huge in letting us get that kind of pressure out. Even in a situation where AMS is used in defense. Players tend to get off DKs when they pop AMS, doing so will allow a few seconds of the cd because the damage cap will not be reached without full damage. This is quite big.

Deleted
    Yeah I made a video before new glyphs were introduced but still AMS is only 100k shield and it flies away instantly. AMZ absorbs 200k without buffs and it's increased by strenght. Elementals already counter DK's pretty badly and without AMZ we'll die even faster.

I don't see anyone taking the AMS glyph for pvp. The absorb is so pitiful that people don't stop casting into you anymore with the amount of burst going out. One starsurge crit can eat my entire shell, one shatter combo, etc. I can see it being useful against teams that have magic CC but not a ton of magic damage like perhaps the new hunter web change, feral druids, eating fears from affliction locks that are not actually casting into you, paladins without wings up but you are sure you are going to eat a stun, etc. I guess I can see running it against some comps but the times I will want to use it offensively I will be so scared that as soon as that ele/lock team sees me AMS nothing to stick to their druid (roots/clone) they will just wait for it to expire and then turn to me and burst me down without warning and the reduced CD would do nothing to help me.

Eh, options, I just don't see it being particularly strong with the way the game is going damage wise. Everyone that plays a melee should just do what I am doing and reroll hunter or ele, chosen classes.

I'm not certain if we're playing the same game because AMS absorbs way more than 100k. The cap is 50% of your health which for me, is somewhere around 250k.

I do really agree with the points about it being better against non spell damage teams but changing glyphs on an arena by arena basis is common and expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Nangz View Post
    I'm not certain if we're playing the same game because AMS absorbs way more than 100k. The cap is 50% of your health which for me, is somewhere around 250k.

I do really agree with the points about it being better against non spell damage teams but changing glyphs on an arena by arena basis is common and expected.
    Its cause of battle fatigue, ams gets hit by it so it makes the absorb smaller in arena while in combat so its a bit less than 50% of your health.

Quote Originally Posted by Xevz View Post
    Its cause of battle fatigue, ams gets hit by it so it makes the absorb smaller in arena while in combat so its a bit less than 50% of your health.
    AMS is an absorb, so of course it gets hit by battle fatigue. But should also get increased by PvP Power...

Quote Originally Posted by Nyanmaru View Post
    AMS is an absorb, so of course it gets hit by battle fatigue. But should also get increased by PvP Power...
    Ya but due to the PvP power nerf that came with the patch and no one gemming the stat, the absorb is lower than what we had previously with patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Xevz View Post
    Ya but due to the PvP power nerf that came with the patch and no one gemming the stat, the absorb is lower than what we had previously with patch.
    Yeah, the changes put an unnecessary tax on cooldown absorbs for classes that are no healers. And Blizzard will just say "but you can gem PvP power to correct that issue" as fix...

Well, fatigue si 45% and I have about 37% power in full tyrannical. I normally sit in blood presence, go go DK survivability, and that puts me around 465k health.

465k*.50*.55*1.37 = 175k. Easily absorbed by one spell from most casters.

Deleted
    State of dks in pvp outside rbgs: still shit.
    State of hunters in all forms of pvp: still OP as fuck.