Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I got all my HoM stuff from GW1, preordered GW2, was in late Alpha and all the Betas, and played for a couple months after release. I tried every class in Alpha/Beta and played a Warrior to lvl 80 and completed all the content in the game (maxed every profession, 100% map completion, completed the storyline, did every path in every dungeon, etc.). I was on the server HoD in the guild Luciform that was in the Titan Alliance. I left the game shortly after the Titan Alliance retired (undefeated for weeks in WvW I might add ). The Alliance disbanded because most of the guilds were hemorrhaging players due to boredom of the game at that point.

GW2 has a ton of content and it's a lot of fun while it lasts (I had a lot of fun leveling up with my friends, doing WvW, etc.). However, once the content dries up, it's over. They failed to reinvent the holy trinity IMO, and most of their dungeons were a failure (probably due to the trinity issue). Most of the gear isn't very aesthetically pleasing (IMO) and the Legendary gear (I had most of my mats for Twilight and planned on working towards Sunrise shortly after, although it's a bummer that Eternity supposedly still has some of the foot/throwing effects missing after all this time) is a huge grindfest that isn't really worth it in the end (especially if you're playing a class with one of the joke Legendary weapons).

tl;dr
    If you're looking for a game to keep you busy for a month or 2, give GW2 a shot. If you're looking for an MMORPG that will keep you playing for months/years, GW2 probably isn't for you. The fanboys will try to talk the game up, but that's why most people will just give you the response "try the game yourself". Once you play, you'll know the truth.

If you're looking for a game with combat similar to GW2 but with standard MMORPG elements (trinity, raids, etc.) then a game called Wildstar should be coming out later this year. I won't recommend any game before trying it, but it seems to be shaping up rather well.
    Last edited by Maconi; 2013-07-07 at 09:26 AM.

Deleted
    My guestion here is what Professional storyline is most fun to play with and what is the max lvl??

Deleted
    Karizee - most of this features are "dull"

all the content they bring with living story and events are the same grindy crap where you have to go in open world and click 200+ on something and kill mobs or open 500 chest which drop from everywhere or eat 200 whatever and so on and all this archievmentparts (which are all the same every patch) are a very boring grindfest

AND spectatormode + customarenas are wasted time from devlopers cause noone ever use this cause spvp in core is jsut broken like hell. Just look in EU (most players) hotjoin tab and press ALL - there you can see in 150+ customarenas are maby 3 ppl. What a fkn waste of dev time.

AND - a friend who quittet after first 2 months came back 2 weeks ago and asked me "whats new?" - guess what i could answer? - i said mhh there /are/was a lot content patches but all the new content is gone again cause its only temporary crap and he have the game he buyd at rlease + some fractals

ye arenanet brings a lot patches and it will be now every 2 weeks BUT its quantity for the casualmasse and NO quality for real players

Arenanet dont fix the real problems or even care about like:

spvp (and this from release or even beta and forum is full with this)
    - soloplayer are cannonfodder for premades
    - worst rewardsystem ever
    - bad balance
    - leaderboard broken (i lost 3 games and became +3% for it? wtf^^)
    - you have to pay with your creditcard when wanna do duels or traininggames as PVPer cause you dont get gems or gold in pvp
    - only ONE Gamemode

pve
    - instances ALL are broken or have buggy stuff in it even after 1 year
    - endgame a boring grindfest even a 5 year could do - mobs/events in openworld dont require any skill you dont even need traits for it - just hit with randomspells and they die
    - grindfest

alot more - but arenanet dont even care for this points - just throw in quantity for casuals or brainless ppl and advertise this everywhere like it would be the best in the world
    Last edited by mmoc6f3817dca5; 2013-07-07 at 09:58 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    You can try to minimalize it all you like, but if they keep up with this pace of a new dungeon and a new jumping puzzle every month plus mini-dungeons and story instances plus new guild missions plus scavenger hunts plus mini-games plus pvp maps plus weapons and armors and mini pets and musical instruments and dances and dyes and recipes and toys and tonics, plus achievements and reward systems, plus core features of the game like aoe looting and gifting and arena spectator mode, then top it off with big features rolling out like raids and housing and new zones....well, they will make your 1 update look paltry by comparision.

Good grief, I've spent a huge amount of time this last couple weeks just playing Dragon Ball alone. That alone could have been sold as a game. Super Adventure Box could have been sold as a game, etc, etc.

And it is 2 weeks:
    June 11th - Dragon Bash
    June 25th - Sky Pirates
    July 9th - Bazaar of the Four Winds
    Jumping puzzle -> 10 mins of content
    guild mission -> whatever
    weapons -> useless since they locked getting a new wepaon out with the legendary weapon
    dances/dyes -> are yo useriously claling this content?
    raids -> havent been in gw2, will never be either, don't get your hopes up

Calling the dragon ball and adventure box seperate games just reeks of fanboyism really, sure it is a fun addition for a while and a nice gimmick, but a seperate game?

Whatever floats your boat i guess, the contentpace just didn't cut it for me where i am used to other mmo's content-pace. if it's enough for you, well guess that's good....

Quote Originally Posted by Inora View Post
    AND - a friend who quittet after first 2 months came back 2 weeks ago and asked me "whats new?" - guess what i could answer? - i said mhh there /are/was a lot content patches but all the new content is gone again cause its only temporary crap and he have the game he buyd at rlease + some fractals
    this only shows that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Deleted
    this only shows that you have no idea what you're talking about.
    than say whats new? and plz dont say karka island to be serious^^

They added the zone you dislike, fractals, jump puzzles & some other stuff. The thing is, we're not supposed to compare games, so a bit hard to say what WoW, Rift or TOR added in X period and compare it to the living story. Comparing what of that content is actually still being done would also be useful to the folks worrying about how "temporary" GW2's content is.

Current content is a dungeon, a new jump puzzle, two sets of achievement related activities, some instanced story.

all the features aside, this is the new content since October 2012

Shadow of the Mad King Event
    Events
    Over 50 events were introduced in this update, involving two specific enemies[2][3]:

Jumping Puzzles

Mini-dungeons

The Lost Shores
    Dungeon: Fractals of the Mist

Added 9 Mini-Dungeons and a Boss Fractal

Achievements

PvP Map: Temple of the Silent Storm

Jumping Puzzles

Flame and Frost Prelude

Changes to Orr to improve events, rewards, and general playability.

Temple of the Silent Storm
    Flame and Frost: The Gathering Storm
    Flame and Frost: The Razing
    Additional Guild mission content

Flame and Frost: Retribution
    Guild mission updates

Last Stand at Southsun
    New meta event with a new world boss: Legendary Karka Queen

Some new events

New Guild Puzzle: Angvar's Trove
    Sky Pirates of Tyria
    And this is only the stuff that was added as permanent PvE content. There's tons of new features, achievement-changes and there's enough new temporary content each month (or each 2 weeks from now on) so you won't get bored period. Furthermore those temporary dungeons come probably back as a Fractal-Version or something like that... so it's not lost for good.

by the way: a lot of people loved "Karka Island" (don't you even know the real name?) for what it was at that time: a beautiful island which acted as a reminder of that 1-time event + content for lv.80 players which doesn't involve Risen + one of the hardest jumping puzzles in the game. A quite nice place to farm T6 mats with your best friend while not being CCd by Risen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    all the features aside, this is the new content since October 2012

So basically, aside from the pvp map, they added nothing worth noting....

Glad i've quit the game months ago then really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another one of these threads >< Its a game that you own, I don;t understand this desire to ask others whether you should re install a game.

The game has not changed enough, its still fun to level and deeply uninteresting to play after, purely opinion not fact. In my opinion the updates are a bit of a joke, looking at marius list just makes me realise how much I (just me) prefered bigger expansions over longer amounts of time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    So basically, aside from the pvp map, they added nothing worth noting....

Glad i've quit the game months ago then really.
    So Fractals and guild missions are nothing worth nothing eh

Quote Originally Posted by xizzu View Post
    So Fractals and guild missions are nothing worth nothing eh
    Most of the content listed could be cleared in a few days (not including the fact that many don't like jumping puzzles so there goes half of the content they've added). That's kind of pitiful considering all of the development time they've had.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Another one of these threads >< Its a game that you own, I don;t understand this desire to ask others whether you should re install a game.

The game has not changed enough, its still fun to level and deeply uninteresting to play after, purely opinion not fact. In my opinion the updates are a bit of a joke, looking at marius list just makes me realise how much I (just me) prefered bigger expansions over longer amounts of time.
    For myself, I love expansions for big things, but find GW2's mini-patches much better than other patch cycles. Same content for 4 months, artificially gated or just one long grind. Sure it's temporary, but it's also true that few enough people revisit old content once new stuff comes out. I'd wager there's more folks still in Queensdale than are in Elwynn.

Different games, different styles, really.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maconi View Post
    Most of the content listed could be cleared in a few days (not including the fact that many don't like jumping puzzles so there goes half of the content they've added). That's kind of pitiful considering all of the development time they've had.
    Without doubt most content is just fluff and temporary crap, but saying they added nothing meaningful is a huge fallacy imo, 3 of the best dungeons in game (2 of them temporary) were added after 2012, that said i have never had such great value of money in video games whether I liked the updates or not (2500 hours and counting).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    You can try to minimalize it all you like, but if they keep up with this pace of a new dungeon and a new jumping puzzle every month plus mini-dungeons and story instances plus new guild missions plus scavenger hunts plus mini-games plus pvp maps plus weapons and armors and mini pets and musical instruments and dances and dyes and recipes and toys and tonics, plus achievements and reward systems, plus core features of the game like aoe looting and gifting and arena spectator mode, then top it off with big features rolling out like raids and housing and new zones....well, they will make your 1 update look paltry by comparision.

Good grief, I've spent a huge amount of time this last couple weeks just playing Dragon Ball alone. That alone could have been sold as a game. Super Adventure Box could have been sold as a game, etc, etc.

And it is 2 weeks:
    June 11th - Dragon Bash
    June 25th - Sky Pirates
    July 9th - Bazaar of the Four Winds
    Quality over quantity anyday. Most of what you listed just started to feel like desperate padding. "Dyes and recipes and toys and tonics" Ohh, be still my beating heart. o_-

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    For myself, I love expansions for big things, but find GW2's mini-patches much better than other patch cycles. Same content for 4 months, artificially gated or just one long grind. Sure it's temporary, but it's also true that few enough people revisit old content once new stuff comes out. I'd wager there's more folks still in Queensdale than are in Elwynn.

Different games, different styles, really.
    Plenty of people in Elwynn, reckon you've lost that wager.

Quote Originally Posted by Syridian View Post
    Quality over quantity anyday. Most of what you listed just started to feel like desperate padding. "Dyes and recipes and toys and tonics" Ohh, be still my beating heart. o_-
    What makes it "desperate padding"? The fact that it doesn't add power, like other games? Just trying to figure out why content is "desperate padding" in one game when other games/studios are praised to high heavens when they add similar (or less) content in a given time frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Syridian View Post
    Compared to what? What patchs are better quality compared to GW2's? Is it caravans in the Barrens? Because yeah, that's definitely quality that GW2 doesn't match...

Plenty of people in Elwynn, reckon you've lost that wager.
    There wasn't on my server. Even during Halloween, Goldshire was lucky to hit 20 people at a time. There's more than that on your average troll-kill.

I've only been back a couple times, but my WoW server was even more dead during those trial weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Maconi View Post
    so? Many don't like raids, so other Raid-games have nothing/zero!! for those people. -.- GW2 never was advertised as a raid-game.

The things I listed was only the permanent stuff so far. Most of the temporary content was awesome and I would hate if I'd missed it

* Molten Factory - most awesome bossfights in the game so far, imho.
    * Aether Retreat - just awesome and quite difficult for most players
    * Wintersday Minigames - hell, loved the snowball battles, and the music minigame was so cool
    * Halloween: the dota-pvp-game was tons of fun

Yea, I would agree that the GW2 updates are of a lighter fair than other AAA MMO updates. Anet do make up for it in volume though.

Not aware of any new dungeons to the game besides fractals though. There was an AC remake of sorts. But I don't believe Anet added any new dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Yea, I would agree that the GW2 updates are of a lighter fair than other AAA MMO updates. Anet do make up for it in volume though.

Not aware of any new dungeons to the game besides fractals though. There was an AC remake of sorts. But I don't believe Anet added any new dungeons.
    you mean permanent dungeons I suppose... the fact that there were no permanent additions doesn't make the temporary dungeons bad in any way. Quite the opposite, the dungeons in the game get better and better. Fractals are superior to the dungeons delivered on release, Molten Factory even better and Aether Retreat the best so far.