Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Huh? SoO won't drop on live realms until at least late August/Early September.. do you actually think the new expansion won't be out until September 2014?.. The next expansion will be out around next spring for sure, so that's about 6-7 months, or half a year. Even then we are definitely getting more content patches after SoO, there just won't be any more raids, I'm sure they will add things like the lore progression that was done in 5.1

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    I reckon it will, well maybe not a year but a september/autum/ winter release for next expac (As always). Also expect another annual pass to trap players who are easily allured to a free mount and next expansion hype . They'll announce this pass perfectly timed with the expansion announcement. If it was less than a year (roughly away) I believe we would of heard of the expansion by now for sure.
    No not as always especially not when their current expansion development cycle is now 18 months instead of 24. Why on earth do you people keep spouting this nonsense? The annual pass wasn't a trap it was for people who knew they would be playing for an extended time. I got the pass because I knew I would still be playing and guess what? I still am. It isn't Blizzard's problem that many of their customers have zero common sense or ability to plan ahead.

As far as expansion news goes no we wouldn't be hearing anything until at most 2-3 months before Blizzcon as this is typically when they register their new expansion name. I like how people use the word "always" and then follow with absolutely blatantly false information when this is common knowledge by now. It is borderline trolling at best.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkblade95 View Post
    Blizzard want content to come out faster so I highly doubt it. I'm really surprised at how quick we're getting an new expansion reveal so soon. So I guess sometime next year. Most likely end of next year is when it'll be released. MOP feels like it's gone by very quickly to me. LOL
    It isn't early not at all. When Blizzcon happens Mop will be just over a year old with at least 4 more months of Mop before the new expansion. They are NOT waiting until the end of 2014 to release it. Seriously just stop it already. We had more than enough of this nonsense during the Mop beta and every single last one of you who claimed Mop would be released for Christmas were proven wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    It's much healthier (both financially for Blizzard and psychologically for players) to take a break at the end of the expansion. Refreshes people's minds making them more likely to buy the new expansion.
    How is Blizzard getting less profit from subscriptions due to players taking a break "financially healthy"? Jesus christ. Really?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Robert3620 View Post
    They will not be able to put anything out to stop the sub loss so not sure if it matters how long the tier goes.. The massive sub loses will start the week after final lfr comes out. For a lot of people beating SoO in lfr is there end game, so when that happens not a whole lot of reason to keep playing.
    No. Just no. People aren't going to quit the game after LFR any more than people quit the game after clearing normal modes. There is a lot of things to do in game now that don't revolve solely around raiding. This isn't a "pick up and play once and put down" type of game and never has been and never will be even with things like LFR. These inane claims are just complete bullshit.

I can see the next X-pack launching in April. May at the latest. Not a chance of SoO lasting a year.

If it lasts a year it lasts a year. I wont run out of things to do. First, SoO is 13 bosses which will take a while to clear anyway for most people (myself included). Also, I have alts to gear up and a couple to finish levelling. If I get everything done I want to, at my current pace it will take me at least 9 months. I doubt SoO will last a year but if it goes a little longer than ToT then it's no big deal.

Let's assume an August 5.4 release, which gives us 5+ months of ToT.
    I think it is safe to say SoO will last longer than ToT, say +2 months? And the 6.0 transition patch will take another 2-3 months. Overall we get 5+2+3=10 months, that's next May/June for the expansion...

Quote Originally Posted by Chult View Post
    They know full well that people drop when things drag on too long, and have stated as much. Hence why they've pushed content faster. I wouldn't even be surprised if SOO isn't the final tier of MoP. Expect 5.4 to have a 6-8 month shelf life, imo.
    Siege is the last raid tier and Blizzard has told us this repeatedly since Mop was first announced nearly 2 years ago. I don't know why people keep saying things like this especially on a site where this kind of news get posted on a daily basis.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    They've done it before and will probably do it again, I reckon SoO will be roughly 10 months. I bet also they will have another annual pass.
    Except no they won't. They have more people working on Wow than ever before and this was before they even moved developers from Titan to Wow. We have gotten regular patches on time nearly every time since Mop launched so I'm not sure why people think Blizzard is just going to suddenly stop releasing content faster just so they can milk Mop for a bit longer. They can't afford to let 5.4 last too long.

Are you saying SoO will last shorter than ToT? 6-8 months of SoO makes sense to me if 5.4 is August.

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Siege is the last raid tier and Blizzard has told us this repeatedly since Mop was first announced nearly 2 years ago. I don't know why people keep saying things like this especially on a site where this kind of news get posted on a daily basis.

- - - Updated - - -

Except no they won't. They have more people working on Wow than ever before and this was before they even moved developers from Titan to Wow. We have gotten regular patches on time nearly every time since Mop launched so I'm not sure why people think Blizzard is just going to suddenly stop releasing content faster just so they can milk Mop for a bit longer. They can't afford to let 5.4 last too long.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    4 million active subscribers.
    Is there any point to this post or have you decided just to condense your "wow is dying" nonsense to save time typing?

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    It's gonna be here for at least 8 months and they will lose subs regardless. There will probably be a 5.5 patch as well, but that could be a bad thing, as it would make SoO the current tier for longer.

The question is how many will they regain if the next expansion is burning legion related.
    They'll certainly gain me back