Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HoofzDefias View Post
    Ill be honest here (yes its my opinion, you like it or leave it) In terms of "PROOF" you had to deserve this... Most of the raids who got Legendries for the past expansions where mainly Guild Leaders who "because it was there guild" HAD THE RIGHT!?!?! yeah sure you got 10/25 players together to complete the raids However unless they kissed arse with a Guild Leader or was a Class Officer they didnt stand a chance at a legendry at all... The ones who got them where the lucky ones ....
    However Blizz gave a chance to gain a legendry (most took the easy way LFR some took the hard way HCs.) But it gave every class / every player / everyone a chance to get a legendry one they could call thier own.
    Without moaning about DKP, Been a Guild Leader, Kissing arse or just ninjaing the item when they seemed fit.
    Yes there was grinds. But half of these grinds just involved killing the same bosses over and over again something which doesnt sound very rewarding as after the 2nd or 3rd kill you have already mastered it and whats another 10 more weeks of killing the same "easy" bosses again to get one... seriously just admit that even if its a cloak its better than nothing or better than groveling / ripping players off for one...

someone is really bitter, obviously your experience is different than mine! :P
    Not in any of my experience did guild leaders get the legendaries, all guilds i were in gave their most active / best performing members legendaries, people didnt grovel, they just performed.
    In every single patch i have been a class that couldnt use the legendary! Went dps in wotlk as boomkin, and in cata i went back to healing....

10+ Year Old Account
    They took way too long to acquire,
    Tank legendary procc is garbage,
    Cloaks in WoW still look stupid and most players will probably hide them,
    And as long as you can only have one them, they suck for hybrids.

In terms of accessability:
    Great if you only have one character.
    Annoying if you have multiple classes you want to keep at par.

Still.. legendary is legendary. And a cloak is still better than being left with no legendary b/c of class restrictions.
    Last edited by Feali; 2013-07-08 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leefa View Post
    There's a huge difference though. First off glaives weren't as common as the cloak will be, or as common as the staff/daggers in cata. Now EVERYONE who bothered picking up the quests will have one. All you have to do is pick up the quests and run lfr. You don't even have to raid properly to get it. You can get carried through lfr week after week and you'll get a legendary. By definition, a legendary is rare and powerful. There is nothing rare about this legendary.
    And have you not seen how many people are still on the second, let alone first part of the questline?

Barely anyone has the epic cloak as is.

Being in a Hardcore guild, only three of our members (out of thirty) have the cloak.

Every single one of you are blowing out of proportion who will get the Legendary.

We've worked on it for the entire expansion, some more than others, and those "some" will be the ones to get the cloak.

Seriously though, getting a legendary via a drop on a boss? How is that legendary?

I don't care if not that many people saw Illidan back in the day.

That's just getting lucky, not being legendary.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Conditions View Post
    Tank legendary procc is garbage,
    ....How is the tank proc garbage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Make the visual stuff permanent and it is ok.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garush View Post
    Make the visual stuff permanent and it is ok.
    That would of been amazing for the rogue legendary /drools but nooooooooo /cries fucking what's the legendary called shadowmourne was technically perma lol

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    By far the best legendary concept the game has ever had. With little exception this has been the most useful during progression as almost all of the others aren't obtained until well after progression is over for almost anyone. The RNG grind is practically identical so not much to say there. This is also the first time ever that the toxic effects of legendary assignment to a raid member haven't existed to destroy many many many guilds with literally zero upside like before.

To be honest, the concept this expansion has rolled with beats the absolute shit out of any previous legendary to date. One could complain than a cloak isn't as "epic" as a weapon but honestly the net gain is about the same so any intelligent and logically minded person shouldn't really care that much.

It's actually a little pathetic that some people are so blind to all the major upsides of this system compared to previous ones just because it isn't a weapon. Kind of embarrassing that this community has so many people that see things so irrationally and tunnel-minded.
    Couldn't have said this better

Actually this Legendary is way harder to get than all the rest
    It requires months of grinding through different raids to get to. It's been 10 months now and nobody has it yet and if someone starts at 5.4 and starts the quest chain there will need a minimum of 5+ months to complete. Fangs of the father for example took about 12 raid lockouts in 10 man to complete and half of that in 25.

As others have stated THIS IS A TRUE LEGENDARY. A hero rises and works his a$$ every week for a few months to get to the goal and gets his reward ... not like all the previous Legendaries that someone was lucky to be the proper class, with the propper guild rank and with the propper luck to wield a "Legendary" for 3-4 more weeks before it gets outdated. And all the ppl looking at him would say is "lucky guys". Not to mention the envy he gets from all the other "unlucky" people that think they were more worthy and deserving to have it.

The only thing that this quest chain was lacking for me is a big personal grind (other than the rep) with the implementation of Spirits of Harmony in this expansion a quest to bring 40-50 of them would of been a good filler. Unlike trillium bars that you can go and buy from AH.
    Last edited by Pyrophobia; 2013-07-08 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    That would of been amazing for the rogue legendary /drools but nooooooooo /cries fucking what's the legendary called shadowmourne was technically perma lol
    Which proc was that? The weapon proc which made stuff swirl around you?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrophobia View Post

It requires months of grinding through different raids to get to. It's been 10 months now and nobody has it yet and if someone starts at 5.4 and starts the quest chain there will need a minimum of 5+ months to complete. Fangs of the father for example took about 12 raid lockouts in 10 man to complete and half of that in 25.
    It's funny because people assume their own progress reflects that of the majority, when it truly doesn't.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Which proc was that? The weapon proc which made stuff swirl around you?
    Yep every time you get a soul fragment which was pretty much 100% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    Yep every time you get a soul fragment which was pretty much 100% of the time.
    Oh yeah. I always felt like a Super Saiyan when I'd get Chaos Bane or whatever.

Neutral. Personally a bit bummed that it's not a weapon, but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Superior? Because I don't place importance on game items? Give me a break. In no way does that make me feel or assume I'm superior to anyone that does. Or insult them. But hey, if you want to try use that as a means to insult me, so be it.

I'm not saying I was wrong because I wasn't. Simple really. The point of saying attunements were a pain is because they ended up not being fun at all. They were when you first did them but after the 11th time, it's just another obstacle.

I agree there is nothing special about collecting 6k valor points though. I never denied that.
    You said: "This inflated sense of importance people put on some pixels that happen to have their name in Orange lettering is quite sad really."

Like I said stop beating around the bush. But whatever, pointless discussion (because of you denying things you said just a few replies back) is pointless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Camo View Post
    someone is really bitter, obviously your experience is different than mine! :P
    Not in any of my experience did guild leaders get the legendaries, all guilds i were in gave their most active / best performing members legendaries, people didnt grovel, they just performed.
    In every single patch i have been a class that couldnt use the legendary! Went dps in wotlk as boomkin, and in cata i went back to healing....
    So moonkins couldnt use legendries from Firelands now?!??!? And if you went to healer that was down to your choice and has no effect on if you where to gain a legendry item or not... Im not bitter, I had never been bothered (i clearly claimed them after the heroics where soloable) i have been in enough guilds to see people fall out and disband due to ninjas and your so called "performance favourism" If you work as a team clearly you all should be performing to your full and therefore equal..... However one has to be picked over the other am i right??!

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrophobia View Post

"Hardest to get". Then compares it to one of the lamest (or the lamest) legendary ever created.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    ....How is the tank proc garbage.
    You have to do something stupid enough to die in order for it to activate, in short if it activates it is because one of several things may have happened. You have to be bad enough to die for the proc to be worth anything, you're either good enough that it is useless or bad enough that it wont make much difference of having one extra chance per mintue.
    1. You screwed up and took lethal dmg instead of using AM or a CD to survive
    2. Your healers screwed up and let you take a fatal hit and you're likely to die the next hit
    3. A combination of 1+2, possibly a 4th thing such as someone else doing something that kills you (which still shouldn't be happening).
    (5. Blizzard does something retarded like making the legendary tanking cloak mandatory for a fight, which would be really awful yet in a different way.)
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2013-07-08 at 01:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

I like the idea of an expansion-wide questline. A lot. Big, complex and demanding questlines is what the game needs in my opinion. Granted it's not that complex, or demamdning, but it's a start.

However I don't like the "legendary" tag that it has. It should never have been linked to legendary items. Neither given to almost everyone that has the time and luck to complete it. Legendary items are supposed to be rare and excitingly overpowered. An element of the game that does not adhere to streamlining and balance. On of the last truly wild concepts left in the game. his kind of legendary item is anything but that.

I think that it would be better if in the next expansion there is a similar questline, with similar rewards, but also a classic questline for a legendary weapon that will require lots of effort anf resources, and will only go to one person. I love it when an entire guild comes together to help their guy/gal to get their awesome weapon, and I've missed this effort and the sense of accomplishment once the legendary is forged in Mists a lot. It's just so cool and such a nice thing to be able to do in a guild. I know that there are some selfish players that can't see past their selves, and drama arupts in some guilds; but in my opinion, if a layer or guild of players are so pathetic to stoop so low just to satisfy their ego, they deserve all the drama and troubles that they get. For those of us that are fascinated by legendary weapons, and enjoy the team-effort to acquire them, as well as the awesomeness that they bring to a raid-group, I hope Blizzard brings them back properly in the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    You have to do something stupid enough to die in order for it to activate, in short if it activates it is because one of several things may have happened. You have to be bad enough to die for the proc to be worth anything, you're either good enough that it is useless or bad enough that it wont make much difference of having one extra chance per mintue.
    1. You screwed up and took lethal dmg instead of using AM or a CD to survive
    2. Your healers screwed up and let you take a fatal hit and you're likely to die the next hit
    3. A combination of 1+2, possibly a 4th thing such as someone else doing something that kills you (which still shouldn't be happening).
    Or you look at it differently and use it as a 1 minute defensive cooldown. You just have to make sure you don't die again from a second hit right after.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by restoxpresso View Post
    Am I the only one who isn't disappointed in the new legendaries?

I'm sure it could've been more exciting, but does it really have to be weapons every expansion?`
    And why is it I have the feeling that people are just getting too used to legendaries?

3.0: No legendary
    3.1: Val'anyr, Hammer of Ancient Kings
    3.2: No legenday
    3.3: Shadowmourne
    4.0: No legendary
    4.1: Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest
    4.2: No legendary (Not exactly any raids either)
    4.3: Fangs of the Father

Do you see the point I'm trying to make?

I, for one, like the new cloaks, I might not display it on my character, but that doesn't make it less legendary.
    Is the problem really that everyone that tries can get one? It's not hard, no, you can do it by going LFR, but it still takes a long time to do, I've been at it since I dinged 90, and I'm not even done collecting Titan Runestones yet.

There was some hard things in it, sure, the scenario with the thunderforge was quite challenging, doesn't completing that show that you have at least a grain of skill? It does to me.

If you're simply disappointed by the fact that it's a cloak, fair enough.
    If you don't like the legendary because it's "easy to get", then I must ask you why? All I see about the legendaries on MMO-C is that everyone can get it.

Is it really a problem that everyone can get it?
    Does that make the quest mean less to you, are you unable to enjoy yourself if someone else does the same thing?

I don't mind exclusive content, and I love the idea that only players with the legendary can kill the new world boss, but why shouldn't everybody have a chance to do that?
    i couldnt have worded it any better myself, absolutely spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Cédille View Post
    couldnt care less.
    Im a 13/13 raider and if other people get orange items doesnt matter if they are hardcore player or casuals.
    I like this.
    I'm 12/12, starting HC progression next week.
    I have a couple of friends who are 13/13, and they don't mind people getting the cloak in LFR.

It's like it's only people still progressing through ToT HC that dislikes it.
    I wonder if my opinion changes next week xD

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    "Hardest to get". Then compares it to one of the lamest (or the lamest) legendary ever created.
    I can compare it to every other Legendary and this one will still be the longest and hardest to get. One has to progress through all the quests, all the collectables and the rep grind.

All the other Legendaries were with shorter time frame starting from "hey it dropped" to a 2 months coming to raid that ends with "only 3 more bosses to go" and "tnx guys i haz legnedary tnx to 24 ppl so i am pro"
    Last edited by Pyrophobia; 2013-07-08 at 01:58 PM.

This is a gut punch. I've been working getting a Legendary weapon but instead we get a cloak. While I'm glad to least get A Legendary item the fact that Blizz promised Us an upgraded Sha-touched weapon and then gave us those cloaks just shows how bad blizz are at making WoW an interesting, even if the promise of an LW was an misdirection and they intended to give us cloaks instead since we always got weapon for completing a legendary quest. What I want is what got promised not to waste my time and then have the devs change their minds at the last sec.