Question: Elemental and Procs

I have recently switched over to my Elemental Shaman from a Warlock where I am having a hard time finding the places to really exploit buff procs (trinkets or enchants, etc.). As an example as an Affliction Warlock I would re-apply dots when large procs would occur, or as Destruction I would dump Chaos Bolts.

For Elemental, I am not sure how I am intended to capitalize on those procs. Do I just keep going about my rotation as normal and for the most part ignore procs? Should I save Accendence for a proc (seems like a horrible idea)?

If, the answer is to just keep on per normal, where are the areas that elemental can really use situational awareness to improve DPS beyond that of basic rotation + shock/fulmination management + cooldown usage?

Deleted
    Whenever i get my ascendance cd back i wait for either a legendary meta proc or a wusholays proc to pop it, one of them occurs often enough thats its probably worth it. Also unspecced fire elemental totem counts as a guardian (takes snapshot) so you should always pop that with most possible procs up, but specced fire elemental counts as a pet so that will update dynamically (pop at any time). But yeah, in general elemental is pretty easy to play.
    Last edited by mmoc6778052695; 2013-07-08 at 04:31 PM.

I recently went off the deep end and went full haste and went AS plus primal elementalist, my gear is all over the place right now so I'm more over hit cap due to healing gear majority, but at 13K haste (no legendary meta yet) I find flame shock ticks proc hydra like crazy. Of course multi dot when you can, but haste is key till I find the right gear for the rest of my set. The rotation is way simple (too simple in fact) but it allows you to have procs nearly full time and always have a buff line up for ascendance. Multi dotting like on council was way too much fun this past week. I'm not any genius as ele goes, but for pure enjoyment getting your GCD's down to a blink of an eye makes getting used to the class that much easier.

Personally i delay my Ascendance a few seconds to wait for some procs to happen.

As long as you don't miss an additional Ascendance phase or crucial Encounter phase for extra dmg, it's usually a dps gain to delay Ascendance until a trinket proc occurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier1 View Post
    Also unspecced fire elemental totem counts as a guardian (takes snapshot) so you should always pop that with most possible procs up, but specced fire elemental counts as a pet so that will update dynamically (pop at any time).
    Incorrect, both Searing Totem and Fire Elemental Totem scale dynamically, regardless of talent choice.

The only things to try are re upping flame shock when it has 3 seconds or less before the meta gem expires ( assuming it will before fs falls off ). you can also try the unleashed trick but I am not finding many situations to do it. The idea is unleash while fs is up while lvb and fs are off cool down and u will need to refresh fs. This lets you double dip on the fire damage bonus if you cast lvb first and while it travels to target u fs. I find though with good haste surge procs come so often it messes up the bonus (if the lvb is instant it will hit target before the global cool down is up)

Deleted
    Currently i go for PE + Echo. Would AS really be better then Echo for me, when i got PE? And what to use the cooldown of AS for? Just a regular Lightning bolt?

Deleted
    Im 99% sure it took a snapshot of your stats in cataclysm. Did they change it?

If u have t15 4 piece use echo. The procs will help lower cool down even more

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier1 View Post
    Im 99% sure it took a snapshot of your stats in cataclysm. Did they change it?
    Yes, they changed it.