Need help on processor upgrade

i have have a DELL XPS 9100

so far i know it supports LGA 1366 and x58 chipset

but i heard they discontinued the LGA 1366 socket

so what would be a good upgrade? or recommendation?

currently i have a i7 930 2.8 GHz (bloomfield i believe)

- - - Updated - - -

Supported Processors
    Intel Core i7-930
    Intel Core i7-960
    Intel Core i7-990X

these are all the supported processors that i found but they are all discontinued....

You're screwed there. Best upgrade moneywise would be getting new motherboard that supports overclocking and OC the shit out of the current i7-930 you have, but on the downside it might have problems with the Windows supplied by Dell.

None of those CPUs is good purchase since you'll get minimal (10-20%) performance boost at best.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

damnit.................

- - - Updated - - -

so your telling my that my MOBO is pretty much useless? like is there any processor or newer one that would be compatible w/ my LGA 1366 socket?

10+ Year Old Account
    Any CPU upgrade (940, 950, 960), would cost more than just getting a new board and cpu that would be better (~$350)
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab