Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asheriah View Post
    So, what's the tank challenge exactly ?
    It's similar to the melee dps 1, except you have to occasionally taunt the dude.

Well I haven't done the tank one but you could always do the DPS challenge instead. Though what I was reading said the tank one is a lot easier lol.

Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    I really enjoyed the legendary dagger questline in Cata and I felt like it made me improve as a rogue, and most of the time if I screwed up there it was frustrating but I could see that it was my fault.
    Except for the mobs in Gilneas that could see through stealth and had no truesight icon or anything else to tip you off to that fact :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are you NOT using Capacitive Primal Diamond meta ??
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

Quote Originally Posted by Moritsume View Post
    I'm sure my 533 ilvl helped, and I also bought the celestial coin from the august celestial vendor, which gave me something like 2k+ agility while in the temple. Definitely pick that up if you're doing the dps one.
    Oooh... I forgot about that damn thing lol.

I wish it didn't take up inventory space, I vendored mine.

The tank challenge is pretty close to the most trivial challenge. Throwing your body into bolts, taunt when the screen says taunt, interrupt when it says interrupt.

Pretty sure it's doable in quest greens.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Oooh... I forgot about that damn thing lol.
    I wish it didn't take up inventory space, I vendored mine.
    You don't need to keep it on you. I keep mine in the bank and still get the buff.

15+ Year Old Account
    damn, something that is ACTUAL challenging, in WoW o_O
    Looking forward to do this on my chars :>
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Best time I've had so far in Mists was doing it on my 512 ilvl combat rogue at the time. Probably took me 10 or so attempts until I had in down to a science, but to be honest the combat rogue probably has it the easiest out of all the melee dps classes. Had I looked it all up ahead of time I probably could of done it in one attempt.

Nine second stuns with + extra dmg while stunned and being behind are insanely useful. Especially when he's getting into the last phase where he tosses out nukes while mirror imaged and you have adds up. Being able to lock him down while you deal with the adds, or just being able to stop mirror imaging from being cast and giving you 9 seconds of burn time during that phase is great. Cloak of shadows and feint also really help for the nuking phase if you can't find him in time or get all the images. Preparation for the double evasion CD is also amazing.

Edit: The celestial coin like mentioned above is also really helpful, along with food/flasks etc of course.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2013-07-10 at 03:49 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    I did pay for a carry, I wanted the gear/mount. Hardly something I'm ashamed of. Wanna link me your armory so I can see how awesome you are?
    Paid for a carry than wonders why he has such a hard time on a face roll quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    damn, something that is ACTUAL challenging, in WoW o_O
    Looking forward to do this on my chars :>
    Its not really, people in this thread don't seem to understand that they guy is not talking about the difficulty but the bugged ability in the encounter. I didn't have much of an issue with the ability, 2 shot the dps challenge (they all have the bugged ability in them), but I can imagine if they were having issues with the bug it would be VERY frustrating. I had heard about it being bugged before attempting so I just kept absolute maximum melee range behind him when he used the semi-circle AoE attack (the bugged one) and I never got hit.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by Sangdraxx View Post
    You don't need to keep it on you. I keep mine in the bank and still get the buff.
    Yeah true only my bank and void storage are already maxed out anyway :P

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's way easier for people in normal gear than people in LFR gear. Ironically it means that people in LFR gear with the legendary cloak have worked harder to obtain it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    Its not really, people in this thread don't seem to understand that they guy is not talking about the difficulty but the bugged ability in the encounter. I didn't have much of an issue with the ability, 2 shot the dps challenge (they all have the bugged ability in them), but I can imagine if they were having issues with the bug it would be VERY frustrating. I had heard about it being bugged before attempting so I just kept absolute maximum melee range behind him when he used the semi-circle AoE attack (the bugged one) and I never got hit.
    That semi-circle AoE attack is not just lag sensitive but seems to have some lag of its own built in. If you're not out of it a half second or perhaps more before it hits, you'll get hit even though you are shown 10 yards away from it.

I don't really know why it works that way instead of getting a correct position from the client but oh well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    It's way easier for people in normal gear than people in LFR gear. Ironically it means that people in LFR gear with the legendary cloak have worked harder to obtain it.
    Not really. The cumulative amount of time spent in normal would still be greater than someone doing LFR + time stuck on this part of the quest.

Got him, despite bugs. =) Thanks guys, gl with yours!

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Extensive ability dodging in Guild Wars 2 made these challanges a walk in the park :X

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lol love this I failed the boss at 2% wrathion failed xD

10+ Year Old Account
    I hated the hell out of this quest. One rage-filled night and I finally beat it (It was hell doing Yu'lon's as an LFR geared BM hunter.) But man, an ilvl 600 cape is very nice.

Also it took me about 1000 gold in repairs. I had a lot of "FUCKING FUCKING CLEAVE FUCKING DISENGAGE FUCKING POSITION RESET NOT WORKING FUCK /stand in fire" moments.

And did anyone else notice that silencing shot didn't seem to ALWAYS stop him from doing the boiling blood? I swear, I had a lot of trouble with that, too.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Not really. The cumulative amount of time spent in normal would still be greater than someone doing LFR + time stuck on this part of the quest.
    Not sure I agree with that. Normal farming goes much, much, much quicker than LFR farming.

Deleted
    It's easily doable at ilvl 480, if you don't stand in the wrong places.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Not sure I agree with that. Normal farming goes much, much, much quicker than LFR farming.
    Spend more time sitting in LFR queue than actually doing LFR.