Page 1 of 38
... LastLast

Alliance won the war

Alliance raids the Horde capital, dethrones the Warchief and allows the Horde to appoint a new one. (for some reason not yet disclosed).

It's safe to assume that Alliance won the war post-Siege of Orgrimmar and it is much more dominant position. That doesn't mean the Horde is defeated; it is still active, but they wont be starting any shit any time soon.
    Eredar lord of the trifling Gnome.

When your victory comes only when the enemy turns against itself, "you" didn't win anything. When you ally yourself with the Horde to take out a single guy, "you" didn't "beat them." You joined forces with them. Indeed, you helped us accomplish our goal of getting rid of a tyrant. Forgive me if I don't feel like we lost when all our objectives were accomplished. Before the siege of Orgrimmar, the Horde was divided. After the siege, the source of that division is taken out, and the Horde are more united than ever before. "Win?" Dude, we yolked your strength to do as we pleased. Helping the majority of the Horde take out one guy is no demonstration that the Alliance has the strength to take out the Horde as a whole.
    Last edited by Jediguy; 2013-07-10 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jediguy View Post
    When your victory comes only when the enemy turns against itself, "you" didn't win anything. When you ally yourself with the Horde to take out a single guy, "you" didn't "beat them." You joined forces with them. Indeed, you helped us accomplish our goal of getting rid of a tyrant. Forgive me if I don't feel like we lost when all our objectives were accomplished. Before the siege of Orgrimmar, the Horde was divided. After the siege, the source of that division is taken out, and the Horde are more united than ever before. "Win?" Dude, we yolked your strength to do as we pleased. Helping the majority of the Horde take out one guy is no demonstration that the Alliance has the strength to take out the Horde as a whole.
    The first step is denial.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell damn yeah we won over the greenskins!!

When your victory comes only when the enemy turns against itself, "you" didn't win anything. When you ally yourself with the Horde to take out a single guy, "you" didn't "beat them." You joined forces with them. Indeed, you helped us accomplish our goal of getting rid of a tyrant. Forgive me if I don't feel like we lost when all our objectives were accomplished.
    In war if an enemy turns on it's self and you clean up the left overs you're the winner, no matter how you got to that point, if blizzard wanted too they could of just said, Alliance now rule Orgrimmar as the Horde is shattered and can't defend it's boarders in Kalimdor. Your "objectives" would be null and void if Varian had wanted them to be.

Winning a war is worth nothing if you're still left with all the losses you've suffered from the other side.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm baffled by blizzard at the moment... the Horde is "allowed" to keep org and "allowed" to choose it's warchief... that just screams utter defeat/ weakness in every respect and i would be ashamed to be horde : \

Deleted
    glory to the Alliance!!!

hell, it's about time.

Quote Originally Posted by Thermaplugg yer butt View Post
    they wont be starting any shit any time soon.
    Oh, ima start some shit. don't you worry your little pixels about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    I can visualize the Forsaken grinning in amusement at the notion that the Alliance thinks it's "stronger" or has "won" anything.

So tell me, how is reclaiming Lordaeron going for you guys? I can't hear you from all the way over here in conquered Gilneas.
    Too true. For the Forsaken.

10+ Year Old Account
    This was a civil war. The Horde won too.

10+ Year Old Account
    whoever the next warchief is should just give Sylvanas the green light to raid Stormwind.
    Hi

De throned their dictator, installed a democratic leader, did the Horde have oil we wanted or something?

When your victory comes only when the enemy turns against itself, "you" didn't win anything.
    Of course "you" did. Any statement to the contrary is just stupid pride and "the only one allowed to defeat you" mentality. The Alliance walk away from this the planet's sole superpower. The Horde limps away with about as much political clout as the Magram Centaur clan. It baffles me how anyone can spin this as not a loss. In terms of the overall power struggle, the Alliance is the clear winner here. By a wide mile. And the war is over, so what we have here is not a won battle. It is a won war.

The Horde's only objective was not to depose Garrosh. It wasn't even an objective until this very patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Nobody wins a civil war. It's like a guy slamming himself face first into a wall until he passes out, wakes up and says he's "won." He didn't win anything, he just beat himself up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    whoever the next warchief is should just give Sylvanas the green light to raid Stormwind.
    But then the Forsaken would own Stormwind and the Undercity. You might as well not even let Human become a playable race anymore after such an embarrassment.

The Alliance wins the war and we've known that for a long time.

The core of the complaints is how we're shown our story. We can win every battle but if we only know we won by seeing "GOOD JOB MAN" as the last line of a quest text without seeing or hearing anything after, it doesn't feel like you accomplished anything.

Even in the constant defeats of the Alliance in Cataclysm, it wasn't the defeats that were the issue. It was the amount of time that, or lack of, that appeared to go into our quests.

I don't care if the Horde burnt Stormwind to the ground as long as I got to take part in the event and see it myself. That's something we've been lacking. Theramore for example wasn't a big deal except we didn't actually take part in defending it from the invaders, and instead got to just show up after and clean up the trash. The Horde's quests often leave them feeling like conquering heroes. Our wrap up, regardless of the result is "GG cya."

We come out on top after Orgrimmar in terms of military strength (Horde will need time to rebuild) but I have little faith in Blizzard to give us that "fist bump" moment they promised us and will instead opt to use it to tell more of the Horde's story as get whisked out of the picture.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2013-07-10 at 05:05 PM.

Deleted
    The reason varian allowed to let the horde continue to exist is that he was blinded by his own aura of awesomeness and badass.

He allowed to the horde to exist so he could let his decendens roflstomp the horde every generation so it becomes a family tradition

Does anyone ever win at war.....?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razia
    Hey Garrosh, stop screaming so loud. No, you can scream, it's alright. Just take it down about... 5% please. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Exactly. Threat removed. Alliance gtfo or we will stomp your ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    But then the Forsaken would own Stormwind and the Undercity. You might as well not even let Human become a playable race anymore after such an embarrassment.
    So they'd have something in common with orcs, at least.