Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    I heard it depends on whether you do the paragon or renegade choice at the cutscene when Garrosh is defeated.
    Once Garrosh is dead the Alliance will be like "I should go"

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    They are like any other creep in the game. You get into their attack radius and they attack. That's relatively easy to understand. They are scripted to attack insofar as the Horde forces are tagged "Enemy" to them. Nothing more.

EJL
    Just because I was bored, I looked it up in the trigger editor.

Code:
    Trigger Ambush
        Events
            Unit - A unit enters TriggerAmbush01 <gen>
            Unit - A unit enters TriggerAmbush02 <gen>
            Unit - A unit enters TriggerAmbush03 <gen>
            Unit - A unit enters TriggerAmbush04 <gen>
            Unit - A unit enters TriggerAmbush05 <gen>
            Unit - A unit enters TriggerAmbush06 <gen>
            Unit - A unit enters TriggerAmbush07 <gen>
            Unit - A unit enters TriggerAmbush08 <gen>
            Unit - A unit enters TriggerAmbush9 <gen>
            Unit - A unit enters TriggerAmbush10 <gen>
            Unit - A unit enters TriggerAmbush11 <gen>
            Unit - A unit enters TriggerAmbush12 <gen>
            Unit - A unit enters TriggerAmbush13 <gen>
        Conditions
            (Owner of (Entering unit)) Equal to AAAP_Orcs
            GameOver Equal to False
        Actions
            Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
            Unit - Order Ambusher01 to Attack-Move To (Random point in GromStart <gen>)
            Unit - Order Ambusher02 to Attack-Move To (Random point in GromStart <gen>)
            Unit - Order Ambusher03 to Attack-Move To (Random point in GromStart <gen>)
            AI - Send P_NEGreen the AI Command (0, 0)
            AI - Send P_NETeal the AI Command (0, 0)
    All of those trigger locations are behind the first set of trees in Grom's base. The function is written under the assumption that the Peons cutting wood will set it off simply by cutting down trees.

Furthermore, the entire Grom base is surrounded by cliffs on 3 sides and the trees on the fourth side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    So at the end, we'll have to choose between destroying the Heart of Y'shaarj but also kill all the Pandaren, or become one with it and repurpose the sha based on our morality?
    Have you seen garrosh "corpse" ? You get to choose color of fairy dust he will turn into. GOOOOO PIIIIINK !!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    Just because I was bored, I looked it up in the trigger editor.

Code:
    Trigger Ambush
        Events
            Unit - A unit enters TriggerAmbush01 <gen>
            Unit - A unit enters TriggerAmbush02 <gen>
            Unit - A unit enters TriggerAmbush03 <gen>
            Unit - A unit enters TriggerAmbush04 <gen>
            Unit - A unit enters TriggerAmbush05 <gen>
            Unit - A unit enters TriggerAmbush06 <gen>
            Unit - A unit enters TriggerAmbush07 <gen>
            Unit - A unit enters TriggerAmbush08 <gen>
            Unit - A unit enters TriggerAmbush9 <gen>
            Unit - A unit enters TriggerAmbush10 <gen>
            Unit - A unit enters TriggerAmbush11 <gen>
            Unit - A unit enters TriggerAmbush12 <gen>
            Unit - A unit enters TriggerAmbush13 <gen>
        Conditions
            (Owner of (Entering unit)) Equal to AAAP_Orcs
            GameOver Equal to False
        Actions
            Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
            Unit - Order Ambusher01 to Attack-Move To (Random point in GromStart <gen>)
            Unit - Order Ambusher02 to Attack-Move To (Random point in GromStart <gen>)
            Unit - Order Ambusher03 to Attack-Move To (Random point in GromStart <gen>)
            AI - Send P_NEGreen the AI Command (0, 0)
            AI - Send P_NETeal the AI Command (0, 0)
    All of those trigger locations are behind the first set of trees in Grom's base. The function is written under the assumption that the Peons cutting wood will set it off simply by cutting down trees.

Furthermore, the entire Grom base is surrounded by cliffs on 3 sides and the trees on the fourth side.
    I notice it's labeled as "Ambush" and the NElf units referred to as "Ambusher". Only confirms that the NElfs canonically attacked first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by hitandruntactic View Post
    Yes, they did, in defense of their homeland from destructive invaders that reeked of demonic taint.
    They were more like hillbilly with jug and old shotgun yelling "git yer ass out me possesion !!!". And giving nature of moonwells we all know night elves were defending they moonshine.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's fine if players/RPers feel victorious as the Alliance, but obviously Blizzard cannot let 50% of their playerbase be defeated as a consequence of arbitrary decisions by people sitting in a room writing the story.

Sorry to spoil your fun, but this is an MMO with half the playerbase on each side. Nobody wins in a war that is eternal by design. It's like if I killed off all your SCVs except 1 in StarCraft then went back to my base to run around in circles while you built your economy back up - that's how this will happen.

If you can't accept that your faction will never win, even if you slaughter the Horde down to a population of 1 person, then you're playing the wrong game.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

15+ Year Old Account
    Sure they can, just so long as it's Alliance.
    Interesting. I was not aware that a scenario existed that made Alliance players unable to play the game.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, they did, in defense of their homeland from destructive invaders that reeked of demonic taint.
    They didn't seem to have a problem with goblins chopping down the forest with their Shredders.

This discussion started because the Frostwolves were completely justified in ambushing the Dwarves in Alterac Valley just like the NElves were completely justified in ambusing the Orcs in Ashenvale. But Talen kept trying to claim that the NElves didn't ambush the Orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    It's fine if players/RPers feel victorious as the Alliance, but obviously Blizzard cannot let 50% of their playerbase be defeated as a consequence of arbitrary decisions by people sitting in a room writing the story.

Sorry to spoil your fun, but this is an MMO with half the playerbase on each side. Nobody wins in a war that is eternal by design. It's like if I killed off all your SCVs except 1 in StarCraft then went back to my base to run around in circles while you built your economy back up - that's how this will happen.

If you can't accept that your faction will never win, even if you slaughter the Horde down to a population of 1 person, then you're playing the wrong game.
    I really wonder where all those "you can't shit on half the playerbase" posters were in cata
    oh right I forgot, then it was "the game can't be equal that's not fun"

Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    I really wonder where all those "you can't shit on half the playerbase" posters were in cata
    oh right I forgot, then it was "the game can't be equal that's not fun"
    oh they were still there, if the mentality of "you can't kill off the other faction" wasn't there the alliance apparently would've lost during all of the "horde biased expansions" and the horde would have during the "allianced bias expansions"... no matter which side people are on they need to get over the fact that they aren't going to single-handedly kill the game for the entire enemy faction's playerbase.
    ...at this point it's almost guaranteed that "war in warcraft" is garrosh getting on his incompetent podium to declare yet another group his enemy for the crime of breathing his air, alliance saying this is horde favoritism, and the more....special....yes.. let's go with special... horde players seeing garrosh as a god because he lets them attack the alliance players who keep saying that out being led by a moron is horde favoritism.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    whoever the next warchief is should just give Sylvanas the green light to raid Stormwind.
    One problem with that; the rest of the Horde HATES the Forsaken and it is painfully clear that they are only supporting them for the slight territory gain in the Eastern Kingdoms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dejec1989 View Post
    In war if an enemy turns on it's self and you clean up the left overs you're the winner, no matter how you got to that point, if blizzard wanted too they could of just said, Alliance now rule Orgrimmar as the Horde is shattered and can't defend it's boarders in Kalimdor. Your "objectives" would be null and void if Varian had wanted them to be.
    Some one who actually gets it. As some one who mains horde it blows my mind how many Horde players are in denial that their faction lost the war.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Conqueror View Post
    I can visualize the Forsaken grinning in amusement at the notion that the Alliance thinks it's "stronger" or has "won" anything.

So tell me, how is reclaiming Lordaeron going for you guys? I can't hear you from all the way over here in conquered Gilneas.
    Because we can't take gilneas back in game without blizzard's permission

This thread is nearly a year old. I'm going to close it. In the future, thank you for using the search feature, but typically, if a thread is more than a month or two old, please feel free to make a new one.