Deleted

Buying a new computer..one of those topics.

Hey guys, I am looking for some advice regarding a new system i am planning on purchasing for myself and my partner. Both our current pc's are outdated and lag in 25man raids on world of warcraft, struggle in WvW @ Gw2 and lacks behind in games like Metro.

So TLDR I would like some advice on this system.

System Specification
    - Case: Bitfenix Shinobi XL Windowed Gaming Case - Black/Gold
    - Power Supply: Corsair Gaming Series 600W PSU
    - CPU: Intel Core i7 4770K 3.50GHz @ 4.4GHz Quad Core Haswell CPU
    - Motherboard: Asus Z87 Pro (Socket 1150) ATX Motherboard
    - Cooler: Corsair H100 with Noiseblocker Pro 120mm fans
    - RAM: 8GB Team Group Vulcan Gold 2133MHz Dual Channel Kit
    - Hard Drive: Samsung SSD 840 series 240gb Primary. 1Tb HDD Seagate Barracuda 2ndary/
    - Graphics Card: KFA2 GeForce 770 2048MB
    - Sound: Realtek 7.1 Channel Sound (On-Board)
    - Optical Drive: OcUK 20x DVD+/-RW SATA Drive

I have asked a few friends and they all say this should fly through all games at the moment, while having stable fps on games like metro and crysis, which i plan to buy another 8gb of ram and a 2nd card a month after purchasing 2 of these systems for myself and my partner.

Thanks for any advice and i look forward to hearing from you all

The system is beastly obviously but a few changes.

1)You do not need a 4770K, performance in games is the same as a 4670K, save yourself the money and just buy a 4670K.

2)Corsair H100 is the old model, its loud and problematic with the pump etc.., get the H100i, not the old one.

3)2133 RAM is an overkill for games, dont look above 1866, which is still an overkill, in reality you should get 1600MHz ones at as low as possible timings, there are a few like the G-SKill Ares at 8 CAS as example, the are others also.

4)Z87-Pro is an overkill also, cheaper ones do the same exact thing but i would stick with it, some more options etc!

5)You want to buy a second 770 with a 600W? Not that it cant handle them but to be on the safe side i would look into 650W gold ones.

If its a pre-built one since it seems it comes overclocked there isnt much to change is there?

The system is alright by any aspect apart from the H100 in that case, its the old model, get the H100i, better performance, less noise.

You do not need to buy more than 8 RAM, frankly even games barely push the RAM at 4GB's apart from some buggy one having memory leaks and issues but those are spontaneous, putting 8GB is a trend nowadays it is not needed for games,it just happens because the price difference was tiny at the start.. and putting even more is just basically showing off.
    Last edited by potis; 2013-07-10 at 03:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    i would look into 650W gold ones.
    I pretty much agree with everything else, including wattage. I would pass on the Gold part. It's a waste of money (literally). Bronze will do just fine.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    Yeah it's Pre-built from ocuk with small changes such as Gfx/HDD/SDD and so on. Thankyou for the input potis i appreciate it. The H100i is an option though so i will definately make that change

- - - Updated - - -

Do you guys think it is worth changing from the :

KFA2 GeForce 770 2048MB

To

KFA2 GeForce 780 3072mb ?

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Mietosis View Post
    Yeah it's Pre-built from ocuk with small changes such as Gfx/HDD/SDD and so on. Thankyou for the input potis i appreciate it. The H100i is an option though so i will definately make that change

- - - Updated - - -

Do you guys think it is worth changing from the :

KFA2 GeForce 770 2048MB

To

KFA2 GeForce 780 3072mb ?

Thanks again
    Could you give a link to see what changes they allow/give?

Nevermind, found it.

And to answer your question, no.

If you think 14% increase performance above 1080p resolutions is worth it, then yes.

If you are playing at 2560x1440 then GTX 780 is a better choice, if you arent then no, GTX 770 is a better choice cause the performance is the same up to 1920x1080p for 200 pounds less cost.

I assume you wrote the HDD/GPU yourself cause i see a 240Gb there that doesnt exist while the site has it properly.

For the price the build looks solid and not expensive or scamming you off money i would totally go for it since they overclock it for you at 4.4GHz, just remember H100i is a must change.
    Last edited by potis; 2013-07-10 at 03:54 PM.

You are allowed to have "one of those topics" - of course! - but what we would like is for you to make them in the correct section!

Moved to sub-forum.

Deleted
    Thanks for the move :P

And ok then i don't plan to run in such uber reso :P only 1920x1080 dual monitor.
    Again thankyou for the feedback it's much appreciated as the last time i bought/built my own pc was a few years back now and on a much stricter budget :P

10+ Year Old Account
    * user was infracted and message deleted, please do not suggest similiar activities
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2013-07-10 at 05:29 PM.