Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Is it a working dog? If it is not then it is painful and unnecessary.
    I don't doubt that it's painful. Having it done doesn't turn them into some sort of special needs animal that can't function normally. I personally wouldn't have it done or do it, but I don't get all the hysteria over it.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Because people said they would riot, who have historically rioted over similarly racial incidents, the chance of riots is higher. Being black has nothing to do with it.
    I didnt ask you to speak for The Riddler, let The Riddler speak for him/her self.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockzilla View Post
    I didnt ask you to speak for The Riddler, let The Riddler speak for him/her self.
    They can reply if they like. If you don't want to read my post, don't?

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    I don't doubt that it's painful. Having it done doesn't turn them into some sort of special needs animal that can't function normally. I personally wouldn't have it done or do it, but I don't get all the hysteria over it.
    i agree that hysteria is overblown, but i do think it's a dick move, and i do think less of people if they do it "just because"
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Ear cropping is unnecessary cosmetic surgery that causes pain for no benefit.

- - - Updated - - -

Is it a working dog? If it is not then it is painful and unnecessary.
    For some dogs it is breed standard.
    When was the last time you saw a doberman or boxer with its tail?
    If you have you would know why they cut them.
    A lot of things are painful and unnecessary like piercing ears, circumcision, tattoos etc but people still do them.
    I have had a ton of dogs some with ears cropped some without.
    It is usually done at such a young age and nowadays they use cauterization instead of cutting which heals faster less infection etc.

I usually cut ears (this is on pits only) when they fall forward, when they break sideways I leave them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    For some dogs it is breed standard.
    When was the last time you saw a doberman or boxer with its tail?
    If you have you would know why they cut them.
    A lot of things are painful and unnecessary like piercing ears, circumcision, tattoos etc but people still do them.
    I have had a ton of dogs some with ears cropped some without.
    It is usually done at such a young age and nowadays they use cauterization instead of cutting which heals faster less infection etc.

I usually cut ears (this is on pits only) when they fall forward, when they break sideways I leave them.
    Does not matter if it is breed standard, it is cruel and there is a good reason most of Europe has banned it for non working dogs.

Also, my Doberman has his tail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Dont forget the riots about 15 or so years ago when some basketball team won a NBA title!
    With plenty of whites and hispanics joining right in. And that happens everywhere, everytime a team wins a title, with every race involved.

How about the celebrations after the Red Sox won the World Series when 2 people got killed? I was there and can assure you there were practically no blacks (it was Boston after all).

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    So you started a racist thread nice, calling african americans "blacks" is pretty rude.
    What is the point of this thread other than to start a race war?

The people on this forum are getting their information via major media, not to mention the hundreds of tweets from people claiming to be african american stating they are going to riot. I can't really see this thread going anywhere good.
    I'm sorry, but if you can run around calling people 'whites' because of their skin color, why can't you call people 'blacks' because of their skin color?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm tall, and thin, with a bright red head but strike me once and I'm black instead...
    Is that what you are saying?
    I said what I was saying. Anything else is your interpretation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    You do know that boxers are born with long tails, right? It's up to the breeder or owner to dock it. That to me, looks like a boxer puppy. And Vicks previously said that he would be getting another dog, but it was up to his girls on the breed. BUT it wouldn't be a Pitbull.

http://piersmorgan.blogs.cnn.com/201...ot-a-pit-bull/
    Totally unrelated, but did you know that your Resto Druid has the same name as a chain of Latin American department stores?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...bella/advanced

meet

http://www.falabella.com/falabella-cl/

I used to go in there all the time to get clothes

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, I named my Druid after the mini horse Falabella. I love horses
    I didn't know it was a type of horse. Learn something new every day

You do know that boxers are born with long tails, right? It's up to the breeder or owner to dock it. That to me, looks like a boxer puppy. And Vicks previously said that he would be getting another dog, but it was up to his girls on the breed. BUT it wouldn't be a Pitbull.

Vicks interview talking about not getting another Pitbull:

http://piersmorgan.blogs.cnn.com/201...ot-a-pit-bull/
    "Well to start with it will be hard to find a boxer without a tail docked because they have to be done by 3 days old. If you know of a breeder that you want to use then tell them ahead of time you want a male with a tail so they do not dock the tail when the litter is born. They do tail docking this early because they do not have nerve endings in the tail by that age, anything after that is inhumane because they can feel and remember the pain, and then it would need to be done under anesthia. I personally perfer my boxers tails docked because a boxer with a tail is a whip coming at you. Boxers are infamous for shaking their rear ends uncontrolably and the tail is long and hard with no muscle or fat on it. When it hits something it can do damage. Not only to objects but to its tail. My friend has a boxer with a tail and she has come home several times to blood all over everything because the dog hit its tail on the wall and split the end open which happens frequently with this breeds tails. In the end most end up having them amputated because of damage that is caused to the tail. At this point the dog is older it is more painful and is an extensive surgery. Again i prefer it on my dogs. If you plan on getting one with a tail you need to know ahead of time so the breeder will not dock the tail, but the breeder will end up docking all the others so you wont have much choice in the puppy you get. You will not know at three days old what the dog will look like and what its personality will be when you come to pick it up. Its a personal preference though."

- - - Updated - - -

most of Europe has banned it for non working dogs.

Also, my Doberman has his tail.
    Good thing I live in america.
    I would presume he or she has their tail because most of Europe has banned it not by your own choice.

Did you watch the vid? He clearly says he won't be getting a pitbull. I've also worked with allot of Boxers, which is why I said that it looked like one.

He may of contacted a breeder about a boxer and told them to not dock the tail of the puppy he was planning on purchasing. I don't want to put words in his mouth, but maybe he didnt want further drama over him getting another dog that had cropped ears and a docked tail.
    WHat makes you think that dog in the picture is his dog.
    I found this after some digging:

Michael Vick, the NFL quarterback who served prison time for operating a dogfighting ring for years, had announced last year that he owned a dog. And now it looks like he's enrolled in dog training classes with the puppy.

Via CrossingBroad
    CrossingBroad posted photographs of the Philadelphia Eagles player with his young Belgian Malinois at a NJ PetSmart:

Apparently he ownns a Belgian Malinois which is not the dog in the picture.
    http://gothamist.com/2013/03/06/mich...spotted_at.php

I wonder if more than 50% of the people that makes the comments even met or is a friend with a black person and doesn't stereotype what they see on TV. By looking at the comments I doubt it.

If that's not his dog, it's still a boxer, IMO.
    If thats a boxer this is a rottweiler
    http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/s...psd455498c.jpg

I can see you guys are trying to get this thread closed with off subject banter.

Quote Originally Posted by Anevers View Post
    Riots are more complicated then people think. There is I believe an actually study of riots and how they start, the factors leading to them and what not. A single instance isn't a trigger. There has to be underlying factors and history for a riot to occur.
    WRONG! But what do I know, I've only been a cop for over 20 years. A conservative black male cop at that. I am a real minority...
    Last edited by K9Justice; 2013-07-12 at 10:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you started a racist thread nice, calling african americans "blacks" is pretty rude.
    "African American" is not a thing. They are just Americans. And they are black.

Anyone remember that news channel who called a French guy African American because they were absolutely terrified to say "black"? God, those people deserved to be savagely beaten...

Anyway, I could see riots over this. I won't say it's going to happen, but it definitely could. But since it's not a real race issue, it'll only be stupid black people rioting. Intelligent black people will just go about their business as usual and generally not give a damn about some trial that has no effect on their lives whatsoever.

Here's a rather odd example on a popular tumblr blog that I read from time to time. This is someone that seems basically rational, but then finishes with:

Zimmerman doesn’t stand a chance in hell. And if he does get off, we hold court in the streets.
    That sure seems like conspiracy to riot, to me. I don't know much about such laws though.

Guys, I'm going to be real for a bit.

The claim that "blacks" might riot in too generalized and it's wrong. However, inner cities might riot because inner cities work differently. You guys are all thinking logically. Some members of inner-cities, and in some cities and parts of a city a majority of them, don't think that way lol. That's a nice way to put what I'm trying to say. Even if you just look at the stuff on the internet, it's hilarious to read how some people are saying that it's not possible. I live in an urban city as well. And no, there usually aren't "factors that attribute to XYZ." It's just that they're idiots.
    Last edited by NewOrleansTrolley; 2013-07-12 at 01:55 PM.