Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    So you're assuming the media has formed my opinion of the case?
    No, you're not even the one I was replying to when I said that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Because if you actually watched the trial your judgment might be a bit more valid.
    You do not need to watch the trial to get the data, and people are allowed to have opinions based on how they feel about a subject. The reality is Zimmerman is a Murder and if that happened in California he would have been in San Quinton long ago, and it wouldn't have even been a national story. However, the event happened in Florida which is a state fueled by a divide by race and politics, and it has become a Racial Issue.

The reality is He had a gun, he got out of his car with a gun and stopped the youth, that is considered intent in California, that makes anything afterward meaningless. He would be Guilty of 2nd degree murder here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    You do not need to watch the trial to get the data, and people are allowed to have opinions based on how they feel about a subject. The reality is Zimmerman is a Murder and if that happened in California he would have been in San Quinton long ago, and it wouldn't have even been a national story. However, the event happened in Florida which is a state fueled by a divide by race and politics, and it has become a Racial Issue.

The reality is He had a gun, he got out of his car with a gun and stopped the youth, that is considered intent in California, that makes anything afterward meaningless. He would be Guilty of 2nd degree murder here.
    If it had the same amount of evidence? No, it wouldn't. He can feel it but gathering what I've seen, I'm not convinced people know. Sorry, but I don't buy it. I'm pretty sure Zimmerman did it(Obviously) but...unfortunately prosecution can't prove it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    It worries me to no end. At times it feels like they threw together the case against him just to appease the folks that might end up rioting.

I hate race lines being drawn the way they are, and the trial has seemed to make them more evident. To me, it's real similar to how polarized the two "parties" have been over the past 20ish years. I don't remember it under clinton, but i sure did under Bush and now Obama.

Anyways, I am worried it will happen, but i sure hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by Demona3 View Post
    It's 6 women jurors, 5 of which have kids. If they actually vote "not guilty", I would be really surprised. And *IF* they go for not guilty, I bet all of them would have to leave town for good. I think they will vote him guilty - even if they do have reasonable doubt, I think they might be in fear of their own safety if they go the not guilty route.
    you do not have a lot of faith in women that they cant put emotion aside like they was instructed to do. You honest believe they would put an innocent man in jail to keep riots from happening you believe this nation became a justice system of mob rule
    I do believe he is guilty. The poor kid was minding his own business and walking home with candy. The prosecutor was right, he should of *not* gotten out of the car
    .why did Martin confront Zimmerman if his intentions was to get away from " the crazy a** cracker". that proves Martins intent was a confrontation not getting away. he was very close to his house before he turned back to confront Zimmerman according to the testimony of the prosecutions star witness but you would know that you watched the trial right?
    I also find it hard to believe he was in fear of his life enough to kill him. Basically, he followed him, Trayvon did what any normal person would, ask what was the problem. They got into a heated arguement - with Zimmerman possibly calling him racial slurs, then it lead to a scuffle. Trayvon was winning, Zimmerman took the pussy way out.
    More people die each year from unarmed assailants then they do rifles. just ask the family of the soccer ref that died from one punch given by a 17 year old soccer player so why is it not rational to think that Zimmerman was in fear of his life
    Last edited by Vyxn; 2013-07-13 at 05:42 AM.

i'm hoping there's a massive riot

I don't live in 'merica, I just want to see some stuff being burned and looted on the news while eating my pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    Why is it that after I said this everybody started accusing me of not having seen the trial? I wasn't even talking about the trial itself, I was saying that the fact that Zimmerman is on trial is not a case of extreme political correctness, but rather trying to sort out the events of somebody getting shot to death.

But I know I'm wasting my time trying to explain that, so just believe whatever you want.
    Well, I was more pointing at the fact that you're misrepresenting events which were already disproven in the trial (ie "being told to stop" which was never specifically stated and in fact the operator testified that they are told to be intentionally vague to distance themselves from liability).

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    you do not have a lot of faith in women that they cant put emotion aside like they was instructed to do.
    For one, I am a woman, and I have 2 children. You need to place yourself in the shoes of the 5 women on that jury that have children. Regardless of emotions, how do you think a mother would sway?

You honest believe they would put an innocent man in jail to keep riots from happening you believe this nation became a justice system of mob rule .why did Martin confront Zimmerman if his intentions was to get away from " the crazy a** cracker". that proves Martins intent was a confrontation not getting away. he was very close to his house before he turned back to confront Zimmerman according to the testimony of the prosecutions star witness but you would know that you watched the trial right?
    First off, this case is very racially motivated. Sadly, I *DO* think they would put an innocent man to keep the riots at bay. ~Take this for example: http://www.nbcnews.com/id/29142654/n.../#.UeDpM23gcYw

Another:
    http://newsroom.blogs.cnn.com/2011/0...equited-grief/

I do realize this has NOTHING to do with putting away innocents because of the fear of riots, but the corruption is there. Whats to say this can't happen?

Our justice system is so corrupt, its pathetic. Then you have our OWN fucking president weighing in on the case saying "If I had a son, he would look like Trayvon Martin" ??? This SCREAMS for riots to occur if he is not convicted.

2nd - If Trayvon was so close to his house, why in the HELL did he not just go in and tell his Dad that some asshat was following him? Tables could of been turned.

3rd - Zimmerman did get out of his car. Trayvon did turn around. - What is to say that Zimmerman didn't call to him or provoke him in any way?

More people die each year from unarmed assailants then they do rifles. just ask the family of the soccer ref that died from one punch given by a 17 year old soccer player so why is it not rational to think that Zimmerman was in fear of his life
    How old was he? Age can be a determining factor. Also, it is possible to punch someone in the nose and kill them, regardless of their age.

And yes, I know people die all the time. My own mother once told me of an uncle she had that died of a heart attack because he thought he saw a ghost and it was following him. Turned out it was a string hanging off the brim of his ballcap. =P

*edited for spelling*
    Last edited by Demona3; 2013-07-13 at 05:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    Well, I was more pointing at the fact that you're misrepresenting events which were already disproven in the trial (ie "being told to stop" which was never specifically stated and in fact the operator testified that they are told to be intentionally vague to distance themselves from liability).
    The exact phrase used was "We don't need you to do that." in response to Zimmerman's telling the operator that he was chasing Martin down the street.

I misrepresented nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    The exact phrase used was "We don't need you to do that." in response to Zimmerman's telling the operator that he was chasing Martin down the street.

I read the 911 log after she said "We don't need you to do that." he says ok, and says he is headed for the mailboxes. Am I missing something, sounds like he accepted her request.

Quote Originally Posted by azwesjr View Post
    I read the 911 log after she said "We don't need you to do that." he says ok, and says he is headed for the mailboxes. Am I missing something, sounds like he accepted her request.
    Well, Zimmerman certainly didn't get his ass whooped, nor Martin shot in the chest, while Zimmerman was still in his car. So it appears we are all missing a piece to this puzzle.

All in all, Neighborhood Watch =/= Deputized Officer of the Court. When the police advise you to stay in your car, you stay in your motherfucking car.
    Last edited by King Shark; 2013-07-13 at 06:22 AM.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

2nd - If Trayvon was so close to his house, why in the HELL did he not just go in and tell his Dad that some asshat was following him? Tables could of been turned.

3rd - Zimmerman did get out of his car. Trayvon did turn around. - What is to say that Zimmerman didn't call to him or provoke him in any way?

for some one who claims to have watched the trial your asking alot of questions that was been proven in the trail,
    no Zimmerman didn't provoke him. Martin was on the phone with his girl friend up to the time they confronted each other. she would have said as much if Zimmerman provoked him.
    you didn't watch the trail and now you want to make assumptions of guilt when you don't have all the facts and evidence your just as bad as the media your complaining about

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    Well, Zimmerman certainly didn't get his ass whooped, nor Martin shot in the chest, while Zimmerman was still in his car. So it appears we are all missing a piece to this puzzle.

All in all, Neighborhood Watch =/= Deputized Officer of the Court. When the police advise you to stay in your car, you stay in your motherfucking car.
    he wasn't in his truck when that request was made by the dispatch your the one missing the puzzle pieces and by the way 911 operator are not an officers of the court just like they are not doctors or fireman their request don't have any legal standings all they can do is make suggestions for your own safety your still spewing the same rhetoric from 10 months ago that has been proven untrue in the trail
    its going to be people just like you who will think it was an unjust verdict when he is found not guilty because you don't have all the facts and want to exact revenge with violence
    Last edited by Vyxn; 2013-07-13 at 06:38 AM.

for some one who claims to have watched the trial your asking alot of questions that was been proven in the trail,
    no Zimmerman didn't provoke him. Martin was on the phone with his girl friend up to the time they confronted each other. she would have said as much if Zimmerman provoked him.
    you didn't watch the trail and now you want to make assumptions of guilt when you don't have all the facts and evidence your just as bad as the media your complaining about

Ah yes, I am as bad as the media. Sure am. Yes I did watch the trial - did I watch the trial every single minute? No. As I said, I have 2 children, and they need attention during the day. However, I did see his "girl friend" on the witness stand testifying.

March 5, 2013 - Trayvon Martin's girlfriend, known as Civilian Witness 8, who was on the phone with Martin the night of his death, admits that she lied under oath when she told court prosecutors that she was in the hospital on the day of Martin's funeral.

Whats to say that she wasn't LYING on the witness stand again? Shes a truthful, straight shooting star, isn't she?

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/05/us/tra...ing-fast-facts

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/06/us/flo...on-martin-case

That's like saying Jodi Arias's story was all true - even while she was testifying on the witness stand. - duh

People lie all the time, the thing is, no one knows the truth except for Zimmerman and Trayvon - and Trayvon can't share his side of the story with us.

~Also, good night. =P
    Last edited by Demona3; 2013-07-13 at 06:39 AM.

- - - Updated - - -

he wasn't in his truck when that request was made by the dispatch your the one missing the puzzle pieces
    I'm not following the trial, to be certain; never claimed otherwise. However I stand by my statement; it is no less valid. Had Zimmerman gone the fuck about his goddamn business, like he was fucking told to, there wouldn't be a 19 page thread about him shooting somebody in the chest; now would there be?
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

I'm not following the trial, to be certain; never claimed otherwise. However I stand by my statement; it is no less valid. Had Zimmerman gone the fuck about his goddamn business, like he was fucking told to, there wouldn't be a 19 page thread about him shooting somebody in the chest; now would there be?
    Bravo. I whole-heartily agree.

what evidence do you have he wasn't going about his business after he was requested to do so? he wasn't in his truck when he was told "we don't need you to do that" he said OK what makes you think he wasn't on his way back to his truck he was headed in that direction

The person who advised Zimmerman was a 911 operator. No affiliation to the police whatsoever. And no authority to tell Zimmerman what he should do.

Everything that happened up until the fight is irrelevant in the courts eyes. Zimmerman had not broken any laws. What the prosecution and defense is debating was during the fight, did Zimmerman; in his mind, have reasonable fear to believe his life was in danger. In which case did he act accordingly to the "Stand your ground" rule under as specified under Florida law. That's why there was so much debating on how did Zimmerman receive the injuries to the head. If the defense convinced the jury that it was sustained through his head being repeatedly and forcefully slammed into the ground you can can be reasonably convinced he felt his life was in danger. That's why such emphasis during the last few days was so heavily debated on who was on top.

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post

Well, yes, you did. Saying "we don't need you to do that" is NOT the same as "stop". Again, they are told specifically to be vague, they can not and will not give direct instructions. Saying "we don't need you to do that" is akin to saying "you do not have to do that". In other words, "it's not necessary but I'm not going to stop you".

Ah yes, I am as bad as the media. Sure am. Yes I did watch the trial - did I watch the trial every single minute? No. As I said, I have 2 children, and they need attention during the day. However, I did see his "girl friend" on the witness stand testifying.

March 5, 2013 - Trayvon Martin's girlfriend, known as Civilian Witness 8, who was on the phone with Martin the night of his death, admits that she lied under oath when she told court prosecutors that she was in the hospital on the day of Martin's funeral.

Whats to say that she wasn't LYING on the witness stand again? Shes a truthful, straight shooting star, isn't she?

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/05/us/tra...ing-fast-facts

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/06/us/flo...on-martin-case

That's like saying Jodi Arias's story was all true - even while she was testifying on the witness stand. - duh

People lie all the time, the thing is, no one knows the truth except for Zimmerman and Trayvon - and Trayvon can't share his side of the story with us.

~Also, good night. =P
    then what are you basing your guilt on if you don't believe any of what she said
    Last edited by Vyxn; 2013-07-13 at 06:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    Well, yes, you did. Saying "we don't need you to do that" is NOT the same as "stop". Again, they are told specifically to be vague, they can not and will not give direct instructions. Saying "we don't need you to do that" is akin to saying "you do not have to do that". In other words, "it's not necessary but I'm not going to stop you".
    If you're at work and your boss comes by and says "we're kinda slow, we don't need you here anymore" that means to go home. It doesn't mean you keep working obliviously.