Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Halo 1. Played it as a console display demo when it and the xbox first came out and my only reaction was "using 2 joysticks to play da fuck?"
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by inboundpaper View Post
    Morroiwnd took me a few tries to get into, and it is now firmly cemented as my all time favorite.
    Same here I remember when I bought it and played it for 20mins, it was my first open world RPG and had no clue what to do. I wanted to return it to the store right away but then my younger brother "bought" it off me because he thought it was cool.
    I tried it maybe a few weeks later and it's now one of my favourite games as well, easily went over 100 hours, looking everything up on that gigantic map was cool and I never experienced that in another game again. Quest: Go to that hill, 2 rivers later, go left, door behind the tree----> Get the big map out on the irl table and see where I should go, amazingly detailed map.

Deleted
    Morrowind here too, I remember wandering round the swamps for hours thinking "So is it just crabs then?", came back to it a year later (and with a pc that let me play it at more than 15 fps) and my mind was blown.

Recently replayed it again with the huge mod overhaul over at ornitocopter.net when I realized Bethesda were just doing bog standard DLC for skyrim rather than the world expanding jeasus features people were hoping for , and my mind was blown all over again.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bioshock

i quit about 1 hour in, condn't get into the game, really find it difficult, low on ammo, dying ove and over again to re appear in a vita chamber didn't spell fun for me.

then i heard how great a game that was (and how easy a game that was, which had me scratch my head on what i did wrong)

gave it another go years later, loved it, finished it multiple time, a complete 180 on my opinion on the game.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lord of the Rings Online

Played the beta briefly when I was already into WoW, couldn't get over how awful it felt to me. I don't remember if I thought the graphics were subpar then, but as it was beta I'm sure I did. I first picked it back up about 3 years ago since it was F2P and I had obviously developed/matured as a player as I thought it was an incredibly refined and specificly well done MMO experience.

And I loved it. While it's never been a game that I go nuts about and subscribe and play intensely for large amounts of time like plenty of other MMOs, it's honestly the most...endearing game to me. They nailed the look and feel of what reading a Tolkien book feels like to me. It's the only MMO where I was never worried about reaching the end, never worried about gear, never worried about much of anything. It's like picking up your favorite book and reading a few chapters when you feel like it.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    WOW. When i took my 1st trial acc i deleted the game spitting around after 2 hours of play.
    In about a year i gave it another try, with success

Deleted
    Sword&Sworcery:
    Played it -> Hated it
    Played it again -> Loving it
    ... can't explain why though *sigh*

Years ago I tried to get going on A Link to the Past, but stopped very early in the game. Some years later I managed to beat it and deemed it one of the best games ever made.

About the same time I rejected A Link to the Past I also didn't find any motivation to play through Earthbound, I didn't like the battle scenes and general feel. Playing through it right now though, and it's an amazing experience, definitely one of the best games to see the light of day.

For me it was more of a case to start appreciating RPGs and Dungeon Crawlers. Haven't really played many RPGs in my life except for Pokémon, and same goes for Dungeon Crawlers as I've only ever really played Pokémon Mystery Dungeon before LoZ, so now that I'm more open to those genres I'm starting to have quite a ton of games to play. It's great!

For me it'd be MGS4. I got my PS3 for that game but when I played it, I couldn't figure out where to go at the start and was getting chased by enemies for an hour. Immediately put it down and about 1-2 years later I picked it up again because people were talking about it at work. Played through the whole thing and actually enjoyed it.

Another example while slightly different is God of War 3. I loved the games but GoW3 was just terrible. I died more to the camera screwing me then actually enemies in the game. I did play through the whole thing but they seem to be killing the series which is sad.

Can't say Ive ever had that. Slightly last year with Age of empires 2. Played and liked it alot back when I was younger.

1 year ago I picked it up again, and loving it. Not playing so much online atm, just doing some games vs AI.

Wish I had some friends to play it with...cause playing on voobly with the settings I preffer is hard, and to often I get a bad game where I either get stomped fast, or a booring game where I cruise controle the hole fight...=/ Guess thats the normal thing for online RTS.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Bioshock was certainly one with its difficult gunfights, along with the weird gameplay, the fact that dying is allowed (vita chambers), can take a while to get used to.

Another one was the Walking Dead. As an adventure is kind of a joke, the puzzles are mostly easy, and the action scenes seemed kinda fake so I uninstalled it. But then the last episode came out and how the ending is fucking nice, so I said I'll push through it just to get to the end. And it was worth it.

There is also the opposite effect, of not liking the games that you previously did. But usually you know this from before and don't actually try to replay it. In short, I did not replay an old game I liked that dissapointed me now because I can mostly see from before when that will happen.

Got to be honest, this is my standard operating procedure. I have chalked it up to..you go back to the game for a second time because you know what you are in for and you are in the mood for it.

Rift.

When it first dropped it was OK for a few weeks and then I got extremely bored. It was so new and had nothing in it at the time. After about a year and Trion going nuts with it I came back and have subscribed for about 2 years. Loving the F2P and don't see myself stopping in the forseeable future.